Onslow County's Grand Jury Investigation And Decision

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
The County's Grand Jury is going to convene 1-24-2008. A press conference is expected at 11:00am according to Mr. Hudson of the District Attorney's Office to announce their decision. Will they find enough evidence to go to trial without Cesar Laurean being in the country? Will there be evidence of other people involved resulting in new charges?

Originally posted by SuziQ:

Meanwhile, an 18-member North Carolina grand jury will convene Thursday morning at 9 a.m. to consider indicting Laurean on first-degree murder and other charges. Hudson would not specify what other charges are possible.

There will be an 11 a.m. news conference announcing the grand jury's decision.

http://sheriff.onslowcountync.gov/Divisions.htm

Fox News said they were awaiting information on the presser now. It shouldn't be long!

Thanks, Suzi!!! I can hardly wait to see if they indict anyone else! Think that will be in this GJ investigation, too?!

All I'm getting is a black screen

Why was a GJ called when they have all this evidence? Can't they file charges for Murder One on what they have? I am just learning about how the GJs across the country work and it is confusing to me.

The GJ process is being used more and more. My understanding is to make sure all the I's are dotted and the T's are crossed before formal charges are filed. It's like having someone check your homework.

Ah, OK. Thanks!

Fox has it on screen now. WRAL is covering it...so might be able to go to their website to pick it up.

Finally live feed is up. But only of that lonely looking podium we've watched alot of lately.

Five Indictments issued against Cesar Laurean:

1. First Degree Murder of Maria Lauterbach
(No charge of Murder of the unborn baby)

2. Financial Card Theft

3. Attempted Financial Card Fraud

4. Fraud and...

5. Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon

Jacksonville — An Onslow County grand jury on Thursday indicted a Camp Lejeune Marine on five charges in the slaying of a pregnant comrade.

District Attorney Dewey Hudson announced at a news conference the return of indictments against Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean for first-degree murder, financial card theft, attempted financial card fraud, fraud and robbery with a dangerous weapon.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2347267/

From what I am gathering from the presser, Hudson had to have this GJ indictment to pursue Laurean in Mexico. He also stated he had to remove the Death Penalty from the case, but that ONLY applied to Laurean being arrested IN Mexico and not anywhere else.

Hudson said he can bring further charges against Laurean later.

I can't hear the reporters questions. Are they asking about Xtina?

I didn't catch anything about Christina from the reporters. The discussion I heard was only about Cesar.

The part of the GJ seemed to be they convened specifically to address the "bills" presented by Mr. Dewey Hudson of the District Attorney's Office in regards to Cesar. They didn't include any other players in the case, imo. I guess that will have to come from another such session of the GJ.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back