Dogs disappearing in Peoria, IL

imthemom

Reaction score
http://www.week.com/news/local/14015617.html

"It's something a neighborhood should not tolerate. They should not tolerate child abuse, they should not tolerate elder abuse, and they should not tolerate animal abuse," said Ruggles.
And Koch is hoping that's not the case...and she wants anyone with information to help bring T–bone home.
The Humane Society is encouraging owners to get the proper identification for their pets, have them microchipped, and never leave them unattended outside.

This makes me so mad. I have two pit bulls as most of you know and now it's not even safe to let them out to go to the bathroom. I live outside of Peoria but not too far and this really has me worried for my pets. It would be like having a child kidnapped and know that they are being abused and tortured. I hope this woman gets her dog back and the police step up and catch these thugs.

I've read stories like this before. The ASPCA reports that dogs and cats are usually stolen for bait or for practice in the dog fighting rings. It's horrible and just makes me sick to my stomach!

My dog is never left outside by herself anyway, and I don't think anyone who owns pits should allow them to be out on their own. Problem solved

http://www.week.com/news/local/14015617.html

"It's something a neighborhood should not tolerate. They should not tolerate child abuse, they should not tolerate elder abuse, and they should not tolerate animal abuse," said Ruggles.
And Koch is hoping that's not the case...and she wants anyone with information to help bring T–bone home.
The Humane Society is encouraging owners to get the proper identification for their pets, have them microchipped, and never leave them unattended outside.

This makes me so mad. I have two pit bulls as most of you know and now it's not even safe to let them out to go to the bathroom. I live outside of Peoria but not too far and this really has me worried for my pets. It would be like having a child kidnapped and know that they are being abused and tortured. I hope this woman gets her dog back and the police step up and catch these thugs.
I can't even entertain the thought of someone victimizing my golden retriever puppy. I would go ballistic. I recently got a scare in a park when I was walking her the first time after her series of shots were completed. 2 guys with a loose pit bull were yelling for it as it barreled towards us. I had to cross a deep creek to escape the dog, with my girl in my arms. Dogs are to be leashed as mine was. I reported it. They don't always need to be out of your sight to be targeted. Makes me furious.

I can't even entertain the thought of someone victimizing my golden retriever puppy. I would go ballistic. I recently got a scare in a park when I was walking her the first time after her series of shots were completed. 2 guys with a loose pit bull were yelling for it as it barreled towards us. I had to cross a deep creek to escape the dog, with my girl in my arms. Dogs are to be leashed as mine was. I reported it. They don't always need to be out of your sight to be targeted. Makes me furious.

This was posted in the classified in Ottawa. Poor people had their golden retriever taken from the yard.

Here's a link to the dog's picture:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/maiwag/Tuuka2.jpg

Dear Matthews Kennels,

Our family dog (and my husband's hunting dog) was stolen from our yard January 22nd, just south of Ottawa. The thief pulled into our driveway, cut the fence, leashed our dog and drove away. My neighbour got a plate number, description of the vehicle and the person. Unfortunately the plate was also stolen so it lead us nowhere. Below are all the details we have and pictures of our dog. He is a 2-year golden retriever (red in color) that responds to the name Tuuka. If anyone sees a new golden around, we sure would appreciate a call at 613 822 1997 or 613-822-6903. Any help you can give us would be GREATLY appreciated or if you can lead us in a direction. Our dog's blood line has been in our family for years so it is the loss of a family member which has devastated us.

Here is the information that we have:

Male Golden Retriever (red in color)
Approx 65 lbs 2 years old
ID# L5E 3R (tattooed in ear)
Answers to Tuuka

Stolen By:
While male
Approx 200 lbs
Early 30s Black Jacket and hat
Black Pickup truck (possibly dodge) with tinted windows and red stripe
Plate: 9914LR

imthemom,
I have no problem with pit bulls, I can tell that you love yours very much. I didn't mean to imply that after rereading my post. Just loose aggressive ones that I'm sure especially worry you.

Many states are in the process of writing legislation banning certain breeds.
We all know which breeds are at the top of the list. The AKC is alerting registered dog owners in each state affected to fight this legislation. This seems to be the lawmaker's idea of the easy cheap way out of this dog fighting dilemma. There has to be another way to address the dog fighting.

is there any knowledge at all of who is doing this..?? (besides the scum who steals dogs for bait)....are their dog-napping 'rings' or is it just individuals who are too lazy or cheap to go get their own dog?

imthemom,
I have no problem with pit bulls, I can tell that you love yours very much. I didn't mean to imply that after rereading my post. Just loose aggressive ones that I'm sure especially worry you.

Many states are in the process of writing legislation banning certain breeds.
We all know which breeds are at the top of the list. The AKC is alerting registered dog owners in each state affected to fight this legislation. This seems to be the lawmaker's idea of the easy cheap way out of this dog fighting dilemma. There has to be another way to address the dog fighting.

No offense taken, I totally understand. Those are bad owners who would let any kind of dog run loose. Unfortunately, a lot of pit bulls are owned by bad people, which in turn make them bad dogs. Yes this legislation is ridiculous because it most likely will start with pits, then go to rots, mastifs, dobies and other breeds. Now I do think there should be certain restrictions on owning pits, like you have to have a license, a spay/neuter agreement, a fence. I think this could weed out alot of the people owning them if they were being checked on and knew they had to pay for a license to own one. I really feel for the lady in the video she shows a pic of her dog and he looks a lot like my 3 year old pit and he has the same sweet disposition. I couldn't imagine someone making him into a killer. I think mine would probably end up dead because he wouldn't fight. He doesn't have it in him. But still these dogs are not for fighting, most are kind and loyal.

is there any knowledge at all of who is doing this..?? (besides the scum who steals dogs for bait)....are their dog-napping 'rings' or is it just individuals who are too lazy or cheap to go get their own dog?

I think it is a ring, the police said they are uncertain of a ring but I have heard things and I don't even live down town. We have signs up warning against dog fighting. If you drive down town that is all you see are pit bulls walking with thugs. It makes me want to scream but what can you do?

i hate to say this but the getting the reward money for returning the missing dogs could also be an obvious motive.

i hate to say this but the getting the reward money for returning the missing dogs could also be an obvious motive.

Yes but only one of the dogs was returned and they teenagers said they are probably fighting her other dog already. My mom seen the signs all over for her dogs down town where my sister lives.

another reason i would never, ever have a pit bull... they are so frequently stolen and used to fight. (nothing personal to all your excellent pit bull owners/ dogmoms on here!!!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back