CBS 2 Chicago News Anchor Randy Salerno dead

Dena

Reaction score
I know not everyone may know who this is, but he was a fantastic news anchor and long time presence in Chicago's local news teams.

He passed away last night in Wisconsin in a tragic snow mobiling accident. :(

I watched Randy every morning and the news will not be the same without him.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-salerno_26_bothjan26,0,3085979.story
By Liam Ford and Deborah Horan | Tribune reporters 8:54 PM CST, January 25, 2008 TV news anchor Randy Salerno and his friend Scott Hirschey grew up less than two blocks apart in Crystal Lake. Always close, they coached a boys baseball team together last summer.

And on Thursday, on a long-planned winter getaway, they were on the same snowmobile when it slammed into a pine tree in northern Wisconsin, killing Salerno, 45, and leaving Hirschey, 44, seriously injured.

Hirschey was at the controls when the snowmobile went off a trail late at night and crashed in what police said was an alcohol-related incident. On Friday, Hirschey was arrested in his friend's death and charged with homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle, a felony that carries up to 25 years in prison.

I just watched a tribute to Randy on CLTV. He is really going to be missed.

Saw that yesterday...So sad and will be missed...:(

Wow, and his friend, the driver, will be charged with his death.

Wow, and his friend, the driver, will be charged with his death.

Charges were filed against his friend yesterday.

Scott D. Hirschey, 44, of Crystal Lake, was driving the snowmobile. He was arrested on allegations of homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle, said Vilas County Sheriff's Department Chief Deputy Joe Fath. Formal homicide charges will likely not be filed until next week, said Vilas County District Attorney Albert Moustakis.

Full article http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/760915,CST-NWS-salerno26.article

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme
Back