Identified! IL - Chicago, frozen remains found, Jan'08 - Carolyn Schranz

Nancy Grace had it on 30 minutes ago. She didn't mention it could be a child. There was a picture of the blue barrel close to something covered. We may not hear much more tonight.

[SIZE=+1]or possible Missing person:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]ANGELA S. ABRAMS[/SIZE]
Case Type: Endangered Runaway DOB: Feb 21, 1990Sex: FemaleMissing Date: Apr 17, 2007Race: HispanicAge Now: 17Height: 5'2" (157 cm)Missing City: CHICAGOWeight: 180 lbs (82 kg)Missing State : ILHair Color: BrownMissing Country: United StatesEye Color: BrownCase Number: NCMC1068696Circumstances: Angela was last seen on April 17, 2007.
[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]
Possible other missing from Chicago, IL

Although I've read that the family has been told it is NOT Stacy.... I always thought Drew found a spot so secluded that she'd never be found...and this area is open and visible and a train runs by.

CHICAGO -- Authorities said Friday they have found human remains near the Illinois Sanitary Ship Canal.

The body of a woman was discovered -- along with a blue garbage can.

Authorities said that the body was badly decomposed.

NBC5's Natalie Martinez reported that authorities did not release the woman's race, but they did say her hair was light in color.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/15140963/detail.html?dl=headlineclick

Chicago police Sergeant Eugene Mullins says the remains appear to be those of a white female. The female appeared to have light colored red or blonde hair, said police spokeswoman Monique Bond.

~SNIP~

"It was fairly intact, and it was covered with snow. He didn't want to disturb it of course, so thats when he called 911," said Roy Witherow, Lyons Village Manager. "He stated about 25 feet from the body there was a blue plastic container of some sort that was mostly covered in snow."

Chicago police did not find the blue garbage can, Bond said.

"CPD did not discover any blue container on the scene," she said.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=5914962

Body Found Near Chicago River Could be Stacy Peterson

Investigators in Illinois say a decomposed body discovered near the Chicago River very well may be Stacy Peterson. They say the remains of a female with reddish blonde hair bears a striking resemblance to the missing woman who was last seen.

~SNIP~

The body was located in an industrial area. Investigators confirm that it is the body of an adult woman and not a child. An autopsy is scheduled for tomorrow.

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/january252008/body_illinois_12508.php

CHICAGO -- Authorities said Friday they have found human remains near the Illinois Sanitary Ship Canal.

The body of a woman was discovered -- along with a blue garbage can.

Authorities said that the body was badly decomposed.

NBC5's Natalie Martinez reported that authorities did not release the woman's race, but they did say her hair was light in color.
The site was located at 34th and Kedzie, and at least six officials could be seen from Sky5 combing through snowy woods. An inspector was touring the site and made the discovery Friday afternoon.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/15140963/detail.html?dl=headlineclick

If you guys have google earth put in "3500 kedzie,chicago illinois"
Go west on map, that's where you start any kind of forest, following the channel, then the arch of the channel a bit further.
The arch is where, I believe the first search took place......

sounds to me like someone may have found a container, opened it and dumped it...just thinking about it...

Good thought, believe.

Now if I were LE, I would instantly state it is not Stacey as well so Drew does not start running...hope at least the press is on him today if not LE. If they do not involve the task force, I suspect they do not have to keep Drew and his attorney apprised of any developments/ID.

Do they mean a blue barrel or blue garbage can? You know those heavy plastic blue barrels?

Due to today's findings of female remains that have been since ruled out not to be Stacy's or Lisa Stebic's, martin has come up with other missing females in the Chicago area.

Possibly a serial killer??

Name: Stephanie C Gibson

Race: White
Date of Birth: January 25, 1947
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 197
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green
Stephanie Gibson was last seen leaving a bar in Peoria, Illinois, with a dark haired man on July 8, 1995. Stephanie has a mental disability. She was last seen wearing black spandex pants, a tight fitting black blouse with diamond shape designs, black tennis shoes, and earrings. Stephanie has a tattoo of a broken heart on her upper left arm.
For more information, please contact Master Sergeant Jan Bogusevic at 309-692-2100, Illinois State Police, Zone 4 Investigations.

Name: Penny Dawn Lease

Date of Birth: July 23, 1965

Penny was last seen on June 2,1989 leaving the Omni Fitness Center in Champaign, Illinois. Penny was going with a man by the name of Larry Tellez at the time. It is assumed by family that she is by now dead.
If you have any information about Penny please contact Sergeant John Sweighart at the Champaign Police Department at 217-403-6900 or Illinois State Police Crime Scene Investigator Eddie Kamm 217-222-9607 or 800-802-3516.

Name: Janice Kay Matney
A.K.A. Janice Nunez
Date of Birth: October 01, 1962
Height: 5'02"
Weight: 145
Eyes: Brown
Janice was last seen wearing a white sweatshirt, white T-shirt, yellow jogging pants with blue pants over top, brown hiking boots, and a green and white jacket. The circumstances of her disappearance are unknown. Janice was last seen at approximately 11:00pm on April 3, 2002, at her residence in the vicinity of the 200 block of State St. in Ottawa, IL. She has a medical condition.
Ottawa Police Department 815/433-2131

Name: Stacey J Morrison

Date of Birth: May 05, 1970
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 135
Hair: red
Stacey J. Morrison disappeared near the YWCA in Peoria, Illinois on May 20, 1993. She has acne scars on her face and a scar on her upper right leg. She is disabled and is incapable of living alone.
For more informatin contact Tazewell County Sheriff's Office at (309)346-4141, or the I-SEARCH hotline at 1-800-U-HELP-ME

Name: Cheryl L Murray

Date of Birth: January 20, 1951
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 108
Hair: Blond
Eyes: Blue
Cheryl Murray was last seen in the Peoria, Illinois area and reported missing on April 1, 1994.
For more information, please contact Master Sergeant Jan Bogusevic at 309-692-2100, Illinois State Police Zone 4 Investigations.

Name: Melissa Ann Page

Race: African-American
Date of Birth: June 14, 1967
Weight: 105
Hair: Black
Melissa Ann Page was last seen on September 17, 1990, at the Oasis Tavern in Lockport, Illinois. Ms. Page has a scar over her right eye and was last seen wearing black coveralls with white blouse, black leather jacket and black shoes.
For additional information, contact Ms. Cinda Lubich, Illinois State Police I SEARCH Clearinghouse Manager, at 217/524-8522 or the Will County, Illinois, Sheriff’s Department at 815/727-8575.

Name: Loretta L Tinkham

Date of Birth: November 19, 1963
Height: 4'10"
Weight: 97
Eyes: Hazel
Loretta Tinkham was last seen in the Peoria, Illinois area and reported missing on November 3, 1994.
For more information, please contact Master Sergeant Jan Bogusevic at 309-692-2100, Illinois State Police, Zone 4 Investigations.

Wonder if any of the above might be the remains that were found yesterday??

If there is a thread for any of them, would someone please post the link or if not, at least what thread they are in? (i.e. missing, crime, etc.)

Name: Stephanie C Gibson

Date of Birth: January 25, 1947
Weight: 197
Stephanie Gibson was last seen leaving a bar in Peoria, Illinois, with a dark haired man on July 8, 1995. Stephanie has a mental disability. She was last seen wearing black spandex pants, a tight fitting black blouse with diamond shape designs, black tennis shoes, and earrings. Stephanie has a tattoo of a broken heart on her upper left arm.

Name: Penny Dawn Lease

Date of Birth: July 23, 1965

Penny was last seen on June 2,1989 leaving the Omni Fitness Center in Champaign, Illinois. Penny was going with a man by the name of Larry Tellez at the time. It is assumed by family that she is by now dead.
If you have any information about Penny please contact Sergeant John Sweighart at the Champaign Police Department at 217-403-6900 or Illinois State Police Crime Scene Investigator Eddie Kamm 217-222-9607 or 800-802-3516.

Name: Janice Kay Matney
A.K.A. Janice Nunez
Date of Birth: October 01, 1962
Height: 5'02"
Weight: 145
Janice was last seen wearing a white sweatshirt, white T-shirt, yellow jogging pants with blue pants over top, brown hiking boots, and a green and white jacket. The circumstances of her disappearance are unknown. Janice was last seen at approximately 11:00pm on April 3, 2002, at her residence in the vicinity of the 200 block of State St. in Ottawa, IL. She has a medical condition.
Ottawa Police Department 815/433-2131

Name: Stacey J Morrison

Date of Birth: May 05, 1970
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 135
Stacey J. Morrison disappeared near the YWCA in Peoria, Illinois on May 20, 1993. She has acne scars on her face and a scar on her upper right leg. She is disabled and is incapable of living alone.
For more informatin contact Tazewell County Sheriff's Office at (309)346-4141, or the I-SEARCH hotline at 1-800-U-HELP-ME

Name: Cheryl L Murray

Date of Birth: January 20, 1951
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 108
Hair: Blond
Eyes: Blue
Cheryl Murray was last seen in the Peoria, Illinois area and reported missing on April 1, 1994.
For more information, please contact Master Sergeant Jan Bogusevic at 309-692-2100, Illinois State Police Zone 4 Investigations.

Name: Melissa Ann Page

Race: African-American
Date of Birth: June 14, 1967
Weight: 105
Hair: Black
Melissa Ann Page was last seen on September 17, 1990, at the Oasis Tavern in Lockport, Illinois. Ms. Page has a scar over her right eye and was last seen wearing black coveralls with white blouse, black leather jacket and black shoes.
For additional information, contact Ms. Cinda Lubich, Illinois State Police I SEARCH Clearinghouse Manager, at 217/524-8522 or the Will County, Illinois, Sheriff’s Department at 815/727-8575.

Name: Loretta L Tinkham

Date of Birth: November 19, 1963
Height: 4'10"
Weight: 97
Eyes: Hazel
Loretta Tinkham was last seen in the Peoria, Illinois area and reported missing on November 3, 1994.

I was looking at this earlier and Firefox locked up on me and had found a site saying a man named Davis was due to be put to death (but died of a heart attack instead) and believed to be linked to some of these murders around that time frame, they never did find out for sure.

There is a gap there and that usually indicates the killings stopped, maybe because Davis was their man.

:waitasec:

Anyway, here is the section and link I gathered that info from.

Gibson is one of several missing women from the Peoria area; others include Loretta Tinkham, and Cheryl Murray. Another woman named Sheryl Murwin vanished from Peoria in 1994; her skull was found in 2001 and identified in 2003. Authorities do not know if the cases are related, but it is possible that the women came into contact with Davis. He died after suffering a heart attack on death row in October 2002. Davis consistently maintained his innocence in the disappearances. Several unidentified female bodies have been located in the Peoria area in recent years, but the victims are not believed to be related to the missing women's cases.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gibson_stephanie.html

"There is a gap there and that usually indicates the killings stopped, maybe because Davis was their man."

Possibly,but then again,look at BTK.He had long stretch between killings.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back