IN - Loretta Keith, 89, found murdered, West Terre Haute, 18 April 1984

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
New Man Arrested for 24-year-old Murder Case
http://www.wane.com/Global/story.asp?S=7779204&nav=menu32_2
The Indiana State Police Criminal Investigation Division recently reinvestigated a nearly 24 year old murder case from Vigo County. The victim was 89 year-old Loretta Keith of West Terre Haute, Indiana. She was found deceased in her bed from an apparent bludgeoning. The juvenile suspect, David L. Scott of West Terre Haute, Indiana, was arrested and ultimately convicted for this murder and was sentenced to 50 years in the Indiana Department of Correction.
DNA TESTS HAVE NOW PROVED OTHERWISE.
The person now charged for the murder of Loretta Keith is Kevin Mark Weeks, age 44, of LaGrange, Kentucky.

Read link for more. :(

See, I know for myself when I'm always screaming for the death penalty and speed it up I feel guilty myself when this happens. That kid was locked up for something he didn't do. Poor elderly woman too. Thank goodness for DNA.

So the accused has been in prison for 24 years for something that he didn't do? I wonder why they thought he was the guilty party? This is happening a lot and it is really sad that this man's life was wasted sitting in prison when he was innocent.

I think that the death penalty should be carried out right after the sentencing if there is absolute proof that the convicted person is guilty. If the person pled guilty or if DNA was found and it belongs to that person then get on with it. Otherwise, there is no hurry. Twenty years will pass in time.

So who else got murdered because this guy was running loose for the past 24 years.

I'm sure hoping LE is looking into other mysterious "bludgeonings" or deaths.

I'd like to know more about what they had on the other guy that has been in jail all this time. Poor witness testimony?

I hope he gets paid good money for his time, but even millions will never be enough to recoup all that he lost while in jail.

From August 2008:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/man-linked-by-dna-to-slaying-sentenced-in-robbery

A Kentucky man who was acquitted of a 1984 killing to which he was linked by DNA evidence has been sentenced to 24 years in prison on a related robbery charge.

A judge on Friday sentenced Kevin Mark Weeks, 44, to the long term even though a jury acquitted him in the beating death of Loretta Keith, 89, of West Terre Haute. However, he was convicted of robbery resulting in serious bodily injury.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back