GUILTY NV - Robin Bodden, 50, shot to death, Minden, 15 Aug 2006

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
(Heads up, Drew Peterson. Your story doesn't make much sense either!)
http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/article/20080126/NEWS01/176218402/-1/NEWS
Sheila Gardner, The Record-Courier
January 26, 2008
spacer.gif

The forewoman of the Douglas County jury that convicted Karen Bodden of first-degree murder in the death of her husband said the defendant's story didn't make sense.

The panel deliberated less than three hours on Tuesday before returning a guilty verdict against Bodden, 45. She was accused of shooting her 50-year-old husband Robin Bodden to death in his Minden-Tahoe Airport hangar in August 2006 and dumping his body in the desert near Johnson Lane.

Bodden denied the allegation, saying she and her husband were having marital problems, and he left Aug. 16, 2006, in a plane with a man named "Ramos."

"Her story just didn't measure up," said jury forewoman Ané Samsel this week. "No plane took off from the airport." (more at link)

function createQString(s) { return escape(s);}var Heading = "Jury%20forewoman%3A%20Woman%20convicted%20of%20murder%20had%20a%20story%20that%20didn%27t%20make%20sense";var tempTitle = createQString(Heading);var Title = "&t="+tempTitle;

From transcript of a Dateline episode, May 2008:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/24891071/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/t/flight-nowhere/#.VhDlwbT8FWY

Just off the highway north of town is the Minden-Tahoe Airport and the spotless hanger where Rob Bodden had built a business and made a reputation as one of the finest aircraft mechanics in the whole valley...

Kelly Rosser: There was an airplane that he had been working on. And there were tools scattered all around underneath the airplane. And that was really, really odd. Because he never ever left anything. I mean, if we went to lunch, we put all the tools away. And so the fact that these tools were laying on the floor was alarming for me....

Katie Rasor: I was disappointed in her, she raised us with morals, you know, and "Don't steal. Don't cheat. Don't lie," you know?

But Karen did. She'd worked once for the Department of Motor Vehicles. And while there, she had embezzled money -- $44,000. She was charged, convicted, put on probation. And Rob forgave her, defended her, stood by her. Rob's friend, Kelly Rosser, told investigator Elges he had learned a thing or two about Karen.

Kelly Rosser: Pretty shocking stuff. One day I remember I came in and he showed me a credit card bill for $10- or $12,000 that she had opened this credit card in his name without his knowledge.

She was forging checks, too, siphoning money from Rob's business account, he said.

Kelly Rosser: But my advice, always, was, "Get rid of her." And he just couldn't -- didn't have the heart to do that...

Karen Bodden was guilty of executing her own husband. Murder in the first-degree... She was sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole in 24 years, when she is around 70.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back