I Don't! The Wedding's off

golfmom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localn...epaper/2008/01/13/a2a_josecol_0113.html?imw=Y

As he left The Breakers, where the seven-figure wedding of his son to Palm Beach high-society daughter Alexandra Fisher turned into a non-event, the father of would-be groom Josh Bailer said a not-so-sensitive bellhop summed it all up: "You guys just experienced some Palm Beach love!"
The way he explains it, his 33-year-old son, an Ivy League-educated Wall Street trader, and Alex, 28, a Fordham Law School student, were presented with what he called a fair prenup three days before the wedding. Fisher, who's a lawyer, put it before the couple.
On the eve of the big day, Bailer said, Fisher reportedly asked Josh to sign a last-minute amendment. In case of a divorce, Bailer said, Josh could be required to pay Alex alimony — never mind her wealth.
"We were told: 'Sign this now, or there's no wedding.' Josh didn't sign, and he heard from Alex later that the wedding was off," Bailer said.

Because of Fisher's prominence here, the affair had been billed a season highlight. Alex is Fisher's daughter with former wife Susan Katzenberg, who's now married to TooJays co-founder Mark Katzenberg. And Fisher is now married to frequent charity gala chair Frances Fisher.

I've never heard of any of these people. :) Sounds like Miss Fisher and daddykins were looking for (even more) money, though.

I've never heard of any of these people. :) Sounds like Miss Fisher and daddykins were looking for (even more) money, though.

Her daddy's worth is over $1 Billion! I think daddy just didn't want the marriage to take place and nixed it by an 11th hour addendum to a signed pre-nup.

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

Yeah, that sounds like something a dad would pull, too. lol
Or.... he's getting ready to cut off her allowance and get rid of her in the inheritance and wanted to make sure she had her own 'source of income'! :crazy:

The ex-groom is good to be rid of her though, IMO. She apparently for whatever reason thought this was more important than what they had between them (non-material wise). If he had refused to sign a pre-nup dictating a fair split-up of what they acquire together and give back each their own after a divorce, I'd have frowned about him instead. But to call off the wedding over him not signing an amendment so the poor little rich girl gets alimony for herself in case of a divorce... kinda shows you how much she cared....

GOOD BYE!!!!!! Wow this has got to be one of the most shallow things I have ever heard. Can you imagine the interference by the future FIL had they gone through with the wedding. What a control freak!

Well, better to say no now! These two obviously weren't meant to be married to each other.

Bailers bailed. Good for them!

Well, better to say no now! These two obviously weren't meant to be married to each other.

Maybe they were. It sounds like the dad (and money) got in the way of what could have been a beautiful marriage.

Good for the groom... after 3 years of dating and an 18 month engagement, it is obvious he didn't know her well enough, because she obviously puts money before love. If he had signed the amendment under the threat of no wedding taking place, I can bet that marriage would have been one helluva bad roller coaster ride. And, if this is a product of HER father's influence, just think of the problems that would have came down the pipe from having a wife that bends to daddy's will.

The guy is better off...

Man, did they still have the reception? Ya know just make it a party. My heart bleeds for wealthy people, really. Are they old money? I love saying that.

Rumour has it (from comments in another publication) they are one-generational rich (the Fishers) and daddy may be about to experience financial problems thus wanting to ensure (after her inheritance goes away) his daughter is taken care of should she divorce in the future.

to my mind, the groom had a lucky escape by not being shackled to the Fisher family considering his father-in-law to be is such a controlling piece of work and his bride that wasn't put pop's wishes before her marriage to someone she was supposed to consider above all others.

the Fishers are trash, as far as i can tell.

The Fishers are putting out a different version of the story:

A source at the wedding overheard Fisher, who last year sold his hotel company, Innkeepers, for $1.5 billion, complain that Bailer wanted lifelong alimony if they divorced. Fisher wanted him to sign without such a clause, and Bailer balked.
Then Fisher reportedly told Bailer's family and guests to scram, too.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/local_...08/01/11/a2a_josecol_0111.html?cxntlid=inform

Obviously, this is a whole situation where money was the keeper of the flame. What ever happened to getting married out of love and nothing but love?

I ain't saying she a gold digger..............................

The Fishers are putting out a different version of the story:

A source at the wedding overheard Fisher, who last year sold his hotel company, Innkeepers, for $1.5 billion, complain that Bailer wanted lifelong alimony if they divorced. Fisher wanted him to sign without such a clause, and Bailer balked.
Then Fisher reportedly told Bailer's family and guests to scram, too.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/local_...08/01/11/a2a_josecol_0111.html?cxntlid=inform

I have read stories about Palmbeach people. It is like a different world down there all about who is richer and what generation of rich you are. Donald Trump owns one of the most expensive places down there. Anyway, all these people will end up divorced in the end because it is all about money to them not about love and they raise their kids to think the same way. It is very much like a soap, wish we could tune in and watch all the time.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Filly - this is the funniest thing I have heard all day. I really feel bad for those wealthy people too! As for being "old money" it didn't sound like that were that old to me!

Man, did they still have the reception? Ya know just make it a party. My heart bleeds for wealthy people, really. Are they old money? I love saying that.

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back