NY NY - Anthony Guy Urciuoli Jr., 31, Poughkeepsie, 24 Jan 2001

Rle7

Reaction score
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: January 24, 2001 from Poughkeepsie, New York
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: October 7, 1969
Height and Weight: 5'10, 130 - 140 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Dark brown to black hair, hazel eyes. Urciuoli's nickname is Tony.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A black down jacket and jeans.

bar.jpg

Details of Disappearance
Urciuoli was employed as a server at the Dutchess Diner in Poughkeepsie, New York in 2001. He was last seen by his parents at his family's residence near the Galleria Mall on January 24, 2001. Urciuoli received a page from an unknown person and told his parents he was going to play pool with a friend at approximately 11:30 p.m. He has never been heard from again.
Authorities were unable to trace the page Urciuoli received the night he vanished. He occasionally played pool at Shark's in Fishkill, New York, but no one recalled seeing him at the establishment that night. Urciuoli's vehicle was discovered abandoned on January 26 at approximately 12:45 a.m. His uncle located the car at Spratt Park on Wilbur Boulevard. Urciuoli's wallet was inside the vehicle, which was locked. There was no sign of a struggle at the scene. Investigators stated that it appeared as if Urciuoli parked his car and departed with someone, but there is no evidence to suggest the theory is correct. Urciuoli often worked additional shifts at the restaurant and is regarded as an outstanding employee. His family members said that it is very uncharacteristic of him to leave without warning. Authorities are not certain if Urciuoli left of his own accord or if other factors were involved in his disappearance.

bar.jpg

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Poughkeepsie Police Department
845-485-3666

bar.jpg
Source Information
The National Center for Missing Adults
The Poughkeepsie Journal
Anthony Guy "Tony" Urciuoli Jr. -- Reward: $100,000

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/u/urciuoli_anthony.html

The reward for information on Anthony Urciuoli Jr.'s disappearance has been increased to $100,000 - a small price to pay for a brother, nephew and son.

Urciuoli told his family he was going to meet some friends for pool the night of Jan. 24, 2001. That was the last time he spoke to his family before his gray 2000 Nissan Maxima was discovered the next day on Wilbur Boulevard, in the parking lot of Spratt Park, in the City of Poughkeepsie.

About 40 people attended Sunday's vigil in the same parking lot, which is where family members, who still long for closure, suspect Urciuoli spent his last living moments.

"There's no closure. It's the same," Lisa Urciuoli, the missing man's sister, said. "Every year we relive that day."

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080128/NEWS01/801280315

Missing for 14 years now:

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/...01/25/missing-mananthony-urciuolijr/22323237/

Sunday was not about sorrow, but about hope. Friends and family released nearly 50 balloons and prayed for a resolution... “There are people who are found 10 to 15 years after they have been lost,” Sandra Urciuoli said. “There is always hope.”

So far, no leads have surfaced since the tragedy happened over a decade ago. Sandra Urciuoli said she does not believe her son ran away.

“We were all very close,” she said. “We would go running, laugh, and spend lots of time together. He loved his family and we will always love him.”

I remember seeing his picture on MP pages a few years ago. His parents seem to be very strong people, I hope they will get answers soon.

Hoping to bump this case forward. Anthony was from my hometown as well. Hard to believe that no one knows anything. no signs of struggle at the scene means he obviously was with someone he was comfortable with...a familiar person who wouldn't raise any alarms. Unless that person was put up to it to set him up - like a girl he was interested in or a friend who asked him for a favor. Sad that no one has the guts to come forward with any info to give his family some amount of closure.

I get the feeling he had planned to meet up with someone for sex, and used "playing pool with friends" as an excuse to leave his home which he shared with family.

<modsnip> I mean, really, who wants their parents to know? It would just be so awkward. So it's easier to just say I'm meeting up with friends etc.

That's the feeling I get here. January 24, 2001 was a Wednesday. Did he have the habit of meeting up with friends to shoot pool during the middle of the work week at almost midnight? And even if he did, there's no evidence he set foot in that bar that night.

Actually, there's evidence to the contrary. He lived near the Galleria Mall in Poughkeepsie. I found a closed Sharks Billiard Tavern on Yelp that matches his given destination. But his car was found in Spratt Park, which is in the complete opposite direction of Sharks. Since "no one recalled seeing him at the establishment that night," according to this website, it suggests that Anthony didn't drive to Sharks, but went to the park instead.

In addition, "authorities were unable to trace the page Urciuoli received the night he vanished." So it's not like his friends were at Sharks paging him to see if he was on his way. That suggests to me that it came from outside Anthony's known circle of friends.

Also, to investigators "it appeared as if Urciuoli parked his car and departed with someone," at a park which is already secluded at night. Maybe Anthony didn't want the person to pick him up at home so his family wouldn't know, so one of them suggested that secluded area.

I also doubt Anthony went out to drink or do drugs because, according to the Poughkeepsie Journal, he said he "would be back in an hour or two." I doubt he would've wanted to drive high, or be driven by someone who was too. But an hour or two is just enough time for a sexual encounter, including the drive to and from the location. (Trust me, I've factored time and commute in my escapades lol!) Unfortunately, I think he met up with the wrong person who had another motive in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve just heard of this case as it was featured on this episode of “The John Walsh Show”:

I applaud John Walsh for trying to bring attention to missing adults. Hopefully one good thing that has come out of the horrific Cleveland case is that more attention will be paid toward missing adults since Michelle Knight, an adult when abducted, was one of the victims in the Cleveland case.

As for Anthony U. I don’t think there’s anything to suggest that he was same-sex attracted. Is there a source for this speculation?

I live close to the area, this name popped up to me. I hope I can lend a hand here. Glad to see people are still wanting answers. Amazing how many years have passed. I have family in Poughkeepsie. I'm going to do some digging.

Read More: Audrey May Herron missing for 20 Years | Missing for 20 years, Area Family Still Hopeful for Answers

MISSING: Anthony Urciuoli, Poughkeepsie

''Growing up Poughkeepsie, I remember seeing the 'Missing' signs all around town for Anthony Urciuoli. On January 24th, 2001, Anthony Urciuoli left his Poughkeepsie home and was never heard from again. On January 25th, 2001 Urciuoli's car was found at the Spratt Park parking lot on Wilbur Boulevard. Anthony Urciuoli has been missing for 21 years with still no answers as to what happened that night back in 2001. Any information about this case can be shared with the Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department.

''Twenty-one years ago this month a Poughkeepsie family was devastated. A beloved family member just disappeared and still no one has come forward with information to help find him or to help his family get much needed closure.

Anthony Urciuoli, Jr, Tony to his friends, Little Tony to his mom, went about his day and according to the police report, told his family that he was going to meet some friends and that he would be back in awhile.

Where did he go? Tony lived in Poughkeepsie near the Galleria Mall. He worked part-time at the local diner. According to his mom, Tony was a good kid. For a brief time I worked with Tony's mom, Sandy at a women's clothing store in the Galleria, Gantos. Every once-in-awhile, he would stop in and say hi to his mom. I always just thought it was sweet. This was what you would want your own son to do, right? Just stop in to say hi. Say hello, simply because he was in the same spot, near enough to his mom to do so?

Jan 2022

• anthony_guy_urciuoli_jr._3.jpg
  • anthony_guy_urciuoli_jr._4.jpg
  • anthony_guy_urciuoli_jr._5.jpg
  • anthony_guy_urciuoli_jr._6.jpg
  • anthony_guy_urciuoli_jr._7.jpg
''Urciuoli, circa 2001
  • Missing Since01/24/2001
  • Missing FromPoughkeepsie, New York
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexMale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth10/07/1969 (52)
  • Age31 years old
  • Height and Weight5'10, 130 - 140 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA puffy black down jacket and baggy jeans.
  • Associated Vehicle(s)Gray 2000 Nissan Maxima (accounted for)
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian male. Dark brown/black hair, hazel eyes. Urciuoli's nickname is Tony. At the time of his disappearance, his jaw area was discolored and blistered. He previously suffered a gunshot wound to his lower leg.

Details of Disappearance​

Urciuoli was employed as a server at the Dutchess Diner in Poughkeepsie, New York in 2001. He was last seen by his parents at his family's residence near the Galleria Mall on January 24, 2001.''

10 Hudson Valley Mysteries That Remain Unsolved to This Day

Missing Since 2001​

On Jan. 24, 2001, at around 11:30 p.m., Anthony Urciuoli, 31, told his parents, Anthony and Sandra, that a friend had paged him and invited him for a game of pool. The next morning, Sandra looked into her son’s room. It was empty. “Sandy woke me up and said, ‘Tony never came home,’” Anthony told The Poughkeepsie Journal. “We still don’t know why.” Urciuoli has been missing ever since.

The next day a family member found Tony’s car in a parking lot at Spratt Park. His wallet was locked inside. There were no signs of a struggle, and no forensic evidence to help figure out what may have happened or where he may have gone. And the police have never been able to trace the page he received the night he disappeared.

Detectives don’t know if he was abducted, murdered, or simply ran away. “There’s no concrete evidence either way,” Town Detective Michael O’Dell said in 2004. His parents insist it was not plausible for him to leave without warning, and his coworkers at the Dutchess Diner on Route 9, where Tony worked as a waiter for several years, said he was a hard-working, trouble-free employee.

His parents appeared on Montel Williams’ TV show with psychic Sylvia Browne in desperate search for information. They have offered substantial rewards and hired private detectives. They have held vigils in Spratt Park to keep their son’s case on everyone’s minds.

So far, however, nothing has led them to Tony.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back