Russia - Anna Loginova, 29, killed in Moscow carjacking, 27 Jan 2008

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
MOSCOW, Russia (CNN) -- Anna Loginova was, for many Russians, a feminine icon -- bridging the glamorous world of modeling and the murky depths of Russian crime.

~snip~

As a glamour model, 29-year-old Loginova often appeared on the covers of Russian magazines, scantily clad. She fronted advertisements for high-profile brands in Russia, like the German carmaker BMW.

But behind the glossy images, Loginova had another profession: She was an experienced bodyguard, trained in martial arts, commanding high prices to protect Russia's wealthy elite. One notable client was Russian boxer Kostya Tszyu.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/02/01/russia.killing/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

When I first read about this on a european site, it sounded like it could be from a movie. She looks like she could have starred in it, if she were still alive.

i still wonder if this last carjacking wasn't set up to have her killed.

I found the discrepancy in that it stated she was tossed from the car then she grabbed the handle of the car and let go when it began moving...but she was "battered" enough to kill her? When? Was her car moving when she was tossed out? Did they perhaps beat her up before this? Something doesn't gel.

It does sound like a movie plot!! That is the reason I posted it! I am truly in awe that women like this really exist!!! I thought they were only in the fantasies of men who wrote scripts for the likes of Angelina Jolie!! (I could see her playing the role of this woman's life tho!)

It seems that fearlessness may have gotten her killed. On a busy street in southeastern Moscow on Sunday night, police say they recovered her battered body after she tried to prevent her Porsche Cayenne from being stolen -- clinging on to the high-end SUV as it sped away. The vehicle was later found abandoned.

"According to eyewitnesses, an intruder just threw her out of the car," explains Oleg Pavlov, a special police investigator in charge of the investigation.

"She grabbed the door handle, but when the car took off and picked up speed, she let go."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe...ef=mpstoryview

I found the discrepancy in that it stated she was tossed from the car then she grabbed the handle of the car and let go when it began moving...but she was "battered" enough to kill her? When? Was her car moving when she was tossed out? Did they perhaps beat her up before this? Something doesn't gel.

It does sound like a movie plot!! That is the reason I posted it! I am truly in awe that women like this really exist!!! I thought they were only in the fantasies of men who wrote scripts for the likes of Angelina Jolie!! (I could see her playing the role of this woman's life tho!)

It seems that fearlessness may have gotten her killed. On a busy street in southeastern Moscow on Sunday night, police say they recovered her battered body after she tried to prevent her Porsche Cayenne from being stolen -- clinging on to the high-end SUV as it sped away. The vehicle was later found abandoned.

"According to eyewitnesses, an intruder just threw her out of the car," explains Oleg Pavlov, a special police investigator in charge of the investigation.

"She grabbed the door handle, but when the car took off and picked up speed, she let go."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe...ef=mpstoryview

The door would have opened on these cars if the recessed handle is grabbed unless the thief knew exactly where the lock button was and could hit it quickly. Sounds like her clothing was caught until some real speed was attained. I agree, a fall from 20 or 30 MPH should be survivable unless she broke her neck. I wonder if we'll hear of an autopsy??

Weird vibe on the photos: One site said she did them to "prove she was a woman". Huh?? From what I saw "she" could still be a tranny.

Crypto6

I wonder if we will be able to get further information as there are some blank spots that need to be filled in. This story doesn't surprise me though after the education I received last year with Yana's murder, as her mother confirmed to me that these car-jackings are a huge life-ending business there.

I wonder if we will be able to get further information as there are some blank spots that need to be filled in. This story doesn't surprise me though after the education I received last year with Yana's murder, as her mother confirmed to me that these car-jackings are a huge life-ending business there.

Yeah, we got just enough info to pique interest and initiate some good questions; now let's see if the autosy and/or police investigation are released.

Crypto6

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back