Ephiphany at 30,000 Feet

Too scary for me!!!! I hate flying!!!

Salem

I love flying, but even this would have made me not want to fly for a while, if I had been on that flight. :(

THis just goes to show how quickly a person can lose control of theirself or snap, not that I am excusing certain things people do but sometimes I think they really cant help it.

I wonder if he had been working long hours like I've heard pilots do.

I wonder if he had been working long hours like I've heard pilots do.

I'm not sure about that. A flight of mine was delayed and the explanation was the crew that was supposed to fly our plane are required by the FAA to get at least X amount of hours of time off from work, and because of a delay the previous evening that crew did not meet this standard. So they had to call in another crew that was fresh and ready to go.

I was very happy with this honest answer to why my flight was delayed.

I wonder if the FAA or airlines have any policy regarding regular mental health checks.

I'm not sure about that. A flight of mine was delayed and the explanation was the crew that was supposed to fly our plane are required by the FAA to get at least X amount of hours of time off from work, and because of a delay the previous evening that crew did not meet this standard. So they had to call in another crew that was fresh and ready to go.

I wonder if the FAA or airlines have any policy regarding regular mental health checks.

Well, I had mixed feelings when I received that same reply about a delay. It was a AAA tour with people leaving from 2 diff cities and meeting up in still another city, taking a flight from there to our destination. Didn't happen. Our flight crew was prohibited from flying at the scheduled time because blah, blah,, blah. Our group missed the connecting flight and had to scramble for flight(s) on 3 diff airlines on our own because the tour group leader was on the "other" flight. Bad start to a vacation, but it did improve.

We won't even mention that 3 pieces of luggage for 2 diff couples did not make the flight and it took almost 2 days to get it. Oh, yes, and 2 of those suitcases belonged to yours truly and husband. But all in all, the rest of the vacation was great. :crazy:

Oh, then it sounds like they've changed the regs. That's terrific.

Now if they would let residents work normal hours and get their needed sleep! lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back