CO - Holly Andrews, 16, raped & murdered, Littleton, 26 Dec 1976

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/feb/02/76-murder-columbine-girl-sex-assaults-solved/

Genetic fingerprint leads to suspect in 1976 slaying

By Kevin Vaughan, Rocky Mountain News
Saturday, February 2, 2008
After 31 years of questions about who raped and stabbed his sister, Dave Andrews found it difficult Friday to comprehend the news that a DNA test had finally led to an arrest.
"I'm up and down," he said, several hours after agents from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and deputies from the Clear Creek County Sheriff's Office delivered the shocking news. "I'm happy and all nervous.
"It's been a long time. I thought this guy was dead. I didn't think he'd ever be caught," Andrews said.
Friday morning, authorities arrested Ricky Lee Harnish, 52.
Harnish faces murder and kidnapping charges in the December 1976 murder of 16-year-old Holly Marie Andrews, a majorette at Columbine High School who left her mother's house the day after Christmas and vanished.
(MUCH more plus pics at link)

Thank goodness DNA lead to the perp.
He got away with it for 31 years...now it's time to pay.

This is great news! He deserves every single day of hell he endures in jail.

GEORGETOWN — Nearly 33 years after the battered body of 16-year-old Holly Andrews was found on a mountainside, her killer stood in court Tuesday afternoon, his wrists and ankles shackled, and uttered the word her family thought would forever be unspoken: "Guilty."

Ricky Lee Harnish, now 54 years old, is expected to face between 10 and 24 years in prison for raping and stabbing Andrews the day after Christmas 1976, in one of the oldest cold cases in Colorado to be solved with DNA technology.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13555532

Ten years?!?!?! That's outrageous! I hope he at least gets the max of 24. I'm glad her family has closure, though. RIP Holly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back