Quoting question

laini

cemetery walker
Reaction score
How do I quote several posters above me in my post? I know how to quote one person in my reply, but I would like to reply to more than one person isometimes and want to bring down something they said. (am I making sense?):crazy:

Thanks for any help.

How do I quote several posters above me in my post? I know how to quote one person in my reply, but I would like to reply to more than one person isometimes and want to bring down something they said. (am I making sense?):crazy:

Thanks for any help.

Hi laini,

I know what you mean,and I also am not sure exactly how it works. I'm pretty sure though that it has something to do with that little button with the "quotation mark" in it,it is right next to the button that says "quote",that you usually use. But exactly had to work it..I don't know,and would also be interested in some one who can advise us.

Thanks for any help.
I'll try....

capps said:
Hi laini,

I do it the hard way. First I responded to laine with the quote button. Then simply scroll down the response page and copy and paste what I wanted to use in capps post, wrap it in quotes with the icon above this box on the response page and add capps name. ie: quote=capps in [].

Did this make any sense?? I have no idea how to use the other button at the bottom each post either:confused:......

Thanks Rino! That's good,but that would allow you to only respond to two quotes,since you can only copy and paste one quote at a time,(as in your case you hit the quote button for the first quote,and then copy and pasted mine,the second quote in your post).I have seen where posters have used several "snippets" of several different original posts,and that is what I what to know how to do.To achieve that,I believe there is a way to do it,by using the "quotation mark" button. I think.

Thank you very much for help!

In response to capps last post....

laini said:
How do I quote several posters above me in my post

capps said:
I'm pretty sure though that it has something to do with that little button with the "quotation mark"
Still don't know what that is :crazy:
rino said:
I'll try....
Thanks Rino! That's good,but that would allow you to only respond to two quotes, Thank you very much for help!
I did it for yours and the other three. You can copy and paste as much as you like. It does get a bit more confusing when you have to go back into the thread itself....remembering where you left off and all that. :)

You click on the button next to the quote button with the quote marks on it for each post you want to respond to it will turn orange, when you have hit all the posts you want you then hit reply quote at the end of the thread all the posts you want will be in the "reply to thread" box, then you add your posts under each post, and you can highlight, delete, snip whatever you need too.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for any help.

This is where you add your post.

Hi laini,

I know what you mean,and I also am not sure exactly how it works. I'm pretty sure though that it has something to do with that little button with the "quotation mark" in it,it is right next to the button that says "quote",that you usually use. But exactly had to work it..I don't know,and would also be interested in some one who can advise us.

And here.

Thanks Rino! That's good,but that would allow you to only respond to two quotes,since you can only copy and paste one quote at a time,(as in your case you hit the quote button for the first quote,and then copy and pasted mine,the second quote in your post).I have seen where posters have used several "snippets" of several different original posts,and that is what I what to know how to do.To achieve that,I believe there is a way to do it,by using the "quotation mark" button. I think.

And here, all of the above is an example of using the multi quote button.

Shazza You click on the button next to the quote button with the quote marks on it for each post you want to respond to it will turn orange, when you have hit all the posts you want you then hit reply quote at the end of the thread all the posts you want will be in the "reply to thread" box, then you add your posts under each post, and you can highlight, delete, snip whatever you need too.

Hope this helps.
I'll try....

I do it the hard way. First I responded to laine with the quote button. Then simply scroll down the response page and copy and paste what I wanted to use in capps post, wrap it in quotes with the icon above this box on the response page and add capps name. ie: quote=capps in [].

Did this make any sense?? I have no idea how to use the other button at the bottom each post either:confused:......

so I can copy and paste more then one, at a time?

Shazza and Pharlap...thank you!
I knew it had something to do with the quote button! I tried it,but unforunately,when I hit the quote button it's not turning orange...but that's because I'm using webtv,and it doesn't acknowledge alot of things.

You both were a great help and answered my question...thanks again!

Shazza You click on the button next to the quote button with the quote marks on it for each post you want to respond to it will turn orange, when you have hit all the posts you want you then hit reply quote at the end of the thread all the posts you want will be in the "reply to thread" box, then you add your posts under each post, and you can highlight, delete, snip whatever you need too.

Hope this helps.

I knew it had something to do with the quote button! I tried it,but unforunately,when I hit the quote button it's not turning orange...but that's because I'm using webtv,and it doesn't acknowledge alot of things.

I'm trying this out here. I was wondering just last night how people quoted multiple posts. Thanks so much for the tutorial, Shazza and Pharlap!

Hope this helps.

:eek: No, I said it was the hard way....Now I know the easy way:)

:eek: No, I said it was the hard way....Now I know the easy way:)

:woohoo: I wondered how this worked, thanks!

I'm trying this out here. I was wondering just last night how people quoted multiple posts. Thanks so much for the tutorial, Shazza and Pharlap!

:woohoo:

Hope this helps.

This is where you add your post.

And here.

And here, all of the above is an example of using the multi quote button.

You click on the button next to the quote button with the quote marks on it for each post you want to respond to it will turn orange, when you have hit all the posts you want you then hit reply quote at the end of the thread all the posts you want will be in the "reply to thread" box, then you add your posts under each post, and you can highlight, delete, snip whatever you need too.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, baby, this is FUN! :woohoo:

In response to capps last post....

Still don't know what that is :crazy:

I did it for yours and the other three. You can copy and paste as much as you like. It does get a bit more confusing when you have to go back into the thread itself....remembering where you left off and all that. :)

:blowkiss:

:waitasec: :crazy:

I'll try....

Hi laini,

Thanks, again!!!!! :clap:

Thanks for any help.

Yay, everyone is learning to multi quote, it saves a lot of time, congratulations everyone.

We haven't heard from laini who started this thread. Hopefully she worked it out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back