Germany - Baby Thrown to Safety from Burning Building

LovingTheChaos

Reaction score
These pictures are amazing, the baby is safe. The photo says it all, the second picture really gives you an idea of how lucky this little guy is. I think with all the horrible stories about little babies the past few weeks, this one really got to me, I am sitting in tears after seeing these pictures.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/02/04/germany.fire/index.html

Unfortunately, 9 people including 5 children died in the fire...

These pictures are amazing, the baby is safe. The photo says it all, the second picture really gives you an idea of how lucky this little guy is. I think with all the horrible stories about little babies the past few weeks, this one really got to me, I am sitting in tears after seeing these pictures.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/02/04/germany.fire/index.html

Unfortunately, 9 people including 5 children died in the fire...

Bittersweet of heroic actions.....:angel:

Wow! That's amazing!

Thanks for sharing a HAPPY baby story :)

The pictures of the baby falliing are chilling. Thank God he survived and his uncle is a hero.

Many prayers for those that perished and were injured. Such a bittersweet story.

That gives me chills. Can you imagine what it took for the adult to be able to toss the baby to the men below???? That's amazing!

So happy for the baby, but did those who tossed him get rescued?

When I read the story I kept thinking : ok, there were no bed sheets/curtain/ skirt there to be ripped, tied together and lower that baby down? All 3 adults could have accomplished that quickly. The mother, father and uncle spent time arguing about what to do until the uncle tossed the baby. Maybe there was time and maybe not, but that would have been my first choice of action before throwing.
Thank goodness the baby was caught, it was a great photo, but that scenario really bothers me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back