snyder_kristin.jpg

Above: Snyder, circa 2003
bar.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: February 7, 2003 from Anchorage, Alaska
Classification: Lost/Injured Missing
Date of Birth: December 14, 1967
Height and Weight: 5'7, 135 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, hazel eyes. Snyder's nickname is Kris.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A long black coat, an ivory-colored shirt with a zippered front, blue checkered pants, and purple slippers.
Medical Conditions: Snyder was suffering from emotional problems at the time of her disappearance. She had become depressed and delusional and had stopped sleeping.

bar.jpg

Details of Disappearance
Snyder, a self-employed environment consultant, departed the Executive Services Program in Anchorage, Alaska on February 7, 2003. Later that day she was seen at her home. She has never been heard from again.
The day after Snyder's disappearance, on February 8, her Toyota Tacoma pickup truck was found parked at Millers Landing, which is located on Lowell Point Road in Seward, Alaska. Millers Landing is a campground, fishing and kayaking resort on Resurrection Bay. It rents out kayaks and runs a water taxi service. Snyder, an avid kayaker, has visited the resort before. She left a note inside her car insinuating she was depressed. The writing, however, stopped short of actually saying she was going to kill herself. The note stated that she did not want to be found and did not expect anyone to look for her.
Friends of Snyder say that in the days prior to her disappearance she had seemed depressed, irrational, and suicidal.
A white wood and fiberglass kayak was found to be missing from the yard of Millers Landing when Snyder's car was discovered. The kayak is handmade, has no rudder, is not outfitted for flotation, and had not been in the water for fifteen years before 2003. Officials at the resort described the kayak as seaworthy but noted that it would sink if tipped. Authorities believe Snyder took the kayak out on Resurrection Bay. An extensive three-day search of the bay area failed to turn up any clues as to her whereabouts, however.
Snyder was born in Lexington, Kentucky and frequently visited that area after she moved to Alaska in 1999. She had come back from her most recent visit three weeks before her disappearance. Snyder has a bachelor's degree from the University of Stubenville and a master's from the University of Kentucky, both in biology. She co-founded the Red River Gorge Climbers' Coalition and is described as a lover of the outdoors. Snyder's parents held a memorial service for her a month after her disappearance. Police believe her body is in Resurrection Bay but will probably never be found. Her case remains unsolved.

Also, I found this link that talks about this "cult" she was into. It also has excepts to her suicide letter.

An apparent suicide took place almost one year ago directly linked to Executive Success Programs now known as NXIVM, a privately owned for-profit company that has been called a “cult.”
Kristin Marie Snyder was in the midst of her second 16-day “intensive” program through NXIVM in Alaska when she apparently took her own life on February 6, 2003.
Ms. Snyder had just turned 35.

The young woman was initially reported as missing, her truck was found abandoned at Millers Landing in Seward.
A note was found in the truck that said:

“I attended a course called Executive Success Programs [also known as] NXIVM based out of Anchorage, [Alaska] [and] Albany, [New York]. I was brainwashed [and] my emotional center of the brain was killed/turned off. I still have feeling in my external skin but my internal organs are rotting. Please contact my parents…if you find me or this note. I am sorry…I didn’t know I was already dead. May we persist into the future…No need to search for my body.”

An old kayak was missing from the landing and it is believed that Kristin drowned herself.

Authorities searched the waters for five days, but never recovered her body or the boat. The water in Resurrection Bay is glacier fed and extremely deep, it is doubtful that Kristin will ever be recovered.
Last month an application for a death certificate was submitted to Alaska authorities.

More at Link:
http://www.cultnews.com/?cat=50

http://www.cultnews.com/archives/000731.html

January 28, 2004

<snipped>
Kristin Marie Snyder was in the midst of her second 16-day “intensive” program through NXIVM in Alaska when she apparently took her own life on February 6, 2003.

<snipped>
Authorities searched the waters for five days, but never recovered her body or the boat. The water in Resurrection Bay is glacier fed and extremely deep, it is doubtful that Kristin will ever be recovered.

Last month an application for a death certificate was submitted to Alaska authorities.

Inside a Secretive Group Where Women Are Branded

ALBANY &#8212; Last March, five women gathered in a home near here to enter a secret sisterhood they were told was created to empower women.

To gain admission, they were required to give their recruiter &#8212; or &#8220;master,&#8221; as she was called &#8212; naked photographs or other compromising material and were warned that such &#8220;collateral&#8221; might be publicly released if the group&#8217;s existence were disclosed.

The women, in their 30s and 40s, belonged to a self-help organization called Nxivm, which is based in Albany and has chapters across the country, Canada and Mexico.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back