Cancer bride dies 90 minutes after wedding

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
A bride died from cancer just 90 minutes after her wedding and after a desperate race against time to carry out her last wish.

Elaine Stephenson, 48, a former nurse, married her partner of 11 years Chris Johnson, 50, in a bedside ceremony.
Tragically she died just an hour and a half later with Mr Johnson and her son Ashley, 17, at her side.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=513040&in_page_id=1770

I'm so sad for her husband. she looked absolutely beautiful.

I can promise you she didn't look like that at the end. This was a past pic.If you have ever dealt with people who are dying of cancer you would know that they are not robust at the end. So terribly sad all the way around.

I can promise you she didn't look like that at the end. This was a past pic.If you have ever dealt with people who are dying of cancer you would know that they are not robust at the end. So terribly sad all the way around.

Yes i think you're right. i just took it from the caption under the picture and hoped: "Cancer bride dies 90 minutes after wedding".

oh, bless the hearts of the family. :(

Sad...but I hope she died happy.
I would bet she did. By that time the Lord was with her and this last moment of earth time made everyone else happy. God doesn't let people die without knowing there is hope...I firmly believe this.

I would bet she did. By that time the Lord was with her and this last moment of earth time made everyone else happy. God doesn't let people die without knowing there is hope...I firmly believe this.

I love your faith especially "God doesn't let people die without knowing there is hope." :blowkiss:

I love your faith especially "God doesn't let people die without knowing there is hope." :blowkiss:
ditto-
cp is a favorite of mine, just for her faith- it is so refreshing- not always heavy- if that makes sense
ok- i didnt mean JUST for her faith- ! I meant just as an example...her faith

ditto-
cp is a favorite of mine, just for her faith- it is so refreshing- not always heavy- if that makes sense

Well, you know you are a favorite of mine. People may not know this but this gal is on your trail when you are troubled.She sends you cards and letters and she lets you know that she is watching your backside. She is a hero because she is all about helping and she never asks for help. She just does this from the bottom of her heart.

There are people who do so much at Websleuths to help others that isn't even about crime solving but each other and the hope of getting some evils off the streets.

Some are just angels that are sent to further the message. I love all the angels.

I love it as well. I hope this is true for me when my time comes.

Yes, it will be.My mom died recently and we had to make a decision about the ventilator.She mouthed " I want to go" before we discussed it fully. It was her telling us what she wanted. We were brought in after the vent was removed and she was heavily sedated. It took about 30 minutes for her to die. They always cross the borderline for cancer patients. She seemed very peaceful while we were very distraught. It is humane considering the alternative. Lord, these kinds of things are hard for us humans. Stay with us.

Oh, that's just heartbreaking!
One thing, though, hospice is just amazing.

What a beautiful post, CP. :blowkiss:

CP that is so comforting. Thank you for sharing that.

Yes, it will be.My mom died recently and we had to make a decision about the ventilator.She mouthed " I want to go" before we discussed it fully. It was her telling us what she wanted. We were brought in after the vent was removed and she was heavily sedated. It took about 30 minutes for her to die. They always cross the borderline for cancer patients. She seemed very peaceful while we were very distraught. It is humane considering the alternative. Lord, these kinds of things are hard for us humans. Stay with us.
I was closer to my grandma than anyone in my life...this is when I was 12 and she was dying from brain cancer...she was brain dead at this point...I was telling her one day "nanny squeeze my hand if you can hear me...."
And she did!!!! Everyone says this was my imagination, or either a reflex, but I believe she was speaking to me. I have always found comfort in this, no matter WHAT anyone said.

I am so glad to hear she was able to be married. I am sure she had peace at her time of leaving.

I was closer to my grandma than anyone in my life...this is when I was 12 and she was dying from brain cancer...she was brain dead at this point...I was telling her one day "nanny squeeze my hand if you can hear me...."
And she did!!!! Everyone says this was my imagination, or either a reflex, but I believe she was speaking to me. I have always found comfort in this, no matter WHAT anyone said.

Absolutely she was speaking to you WR! That is beautiful! My Grandmother had been suffering in the hospital for 3 months, she was heavily medicated, but yet the pain registered on her face. The last 2 days of her life she was talking to family members that had already crossed over, we believe that they were sent there to help her cross over..and she seriously was as lucent as ever, talking 90 to nothing, and we "participated" in the conversation as directed by G'ma..
The doctors and nurses chalked it all up to the meds...I think not.
Back on topic, the lady in this story must have had an incredibly peaceful passing..she is a beautiful spirit now.

Awww, I'm glad she got her wish of a wedding. May she rest in peace.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back