GUILTY Canada - Alphanso & Stephanie Warren for child abandonment, Toronto, 2008

Patience

Former Member
Reaction score
Noone is claiming this beautiful little angel. She was found face down in a parking garage, cold and completely abandoned. Do you recognize her? If anyone can help, it's the websleuths community whom I know will fall in love with her and want justice for this sweet little peach.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_19414.aspx

T.O. Cops Go High Tech In Hunt For Abandoned Baby Clues

Friday February 8, 2008
CityNews.ca Staff
The face that launched a thousand questions has gone North America-wide. For weeks, mystery has surrounded the discovery of an eight-month-old baby named Angelica-Leslie. The infant was found in a freezing stairwell of a Finch and Leslie parking lot on January 30th. She was located by sheer chance in the remote area and would have died in the sub-zero temperatures had an observant shopper not happened by in time.
Since then, Toronto police have done everything to find her parents and the person responsible for leaving her there. But they're no closer to getting any clues than they were eight days ago. They've released descriptions of a car seen in the area, along with a grainy security video that actually depicts the terrible crime in progress.
New fears emerged Friday that the people who left the tot to die weren't her parents but perhaps someone who harmed them.

Hi Patience, welcome to the forum. We have an awesome section of the boards for the UnIdentified, so this may be moved to there. There are quite a lot of WS'rs here that work endlessly on helping identify people... I'm sure they will be willing to help out.

Thank you so much. I have all the confidence in the world in the websleuths community. I have been following this board for quite some time and am most impressed. This little girl could be from anywhere and just dumped off. I don't know if a pic can be posted but I will follow this thread and it if is moved to Unidentified then great. Thank you with all my heart.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_19270.aspx

snipped "The child has been placed with a foster home, but Melanie Persaud of the Children's Aid Society notes that it's always best for an infant to be put in a permanent residence as quickly as possible. Yet Angelica-Leslie seems to be thriving at her temporary shelter. Her foster mother carries her constantly, according to the CAS. She is eating and sleeping well - much better than when she was found - and has begun to smile and coo.
However, a disturbing report has also emerged. It seems that Angelica Leslie cries whenever a male, any male, enters the room. When the infant was found, she was obviously well cared for, clean and fed. But she had bruising consistent with abuse and was bleeding from the nose and mouth. The CAS won't reveal the full extent of the baby's injuries. They say that when she grows up, finding the details of her abandonment in the news will be traumatic enough."

GRRRRR

She's a beautiful baby. Those eye's, the chubby cheeks. Awwww. I think she looks bi-racial, African American and Caucasian.

I'm glad to hear she has a good foster home. It may not be too unusual that she cry's when a man enters the room, it may just show that a woman was her primary care-giver.

I just saw this on Doe Network. She is gorgeous! I agree she looks bi-racial. I wonder if this little angel was dropped off by her mom to save her from abuse or if she was dumped after her mother was killed or maybe...well there are many scenario's, most not good. I hope someone comes forward to claim this angel.

I don't know who's baby she is, but I would certainly take her. I'm disturbed by the signs of abuse she has suffered. She looks rather healthy overall, nice full cheeks.

They need to get the picture out to all the northern states as it sounds like she may not be from Toronto. Time to check all the Amber alerts for the past few months. She could actually have disappeared anytime in the last 8 months......

I'll go looking.

Salem

She's a beautiful baby. Those eye's, the chubby cheeks. Awwww. I think she looks bi-racial, African American and Caucasian.

I'm glad to hear she has a good foster home. It may not be too unusual that she cry's when a man enters the room, it may just show that a woman was her primary care-giver.
Gosh yes that is normal. My granddaughter prefers men because her dad cares for her most of the time when she is awake...and will smile and laugh at strange men..but is terrified when a woman smelling strongly of perfume or has a lot of make up on tries to get too close. It seems strange to her and she doesn't like it! LOL! I think kids just feel safer with what they know.:crazy: I hope little cutie pie is adopted by a loving family.

I sure hope that her mom is ok. I am just glad they let this little one live whoever left her there.

I'm getting there is only one parent in the picture and it's not the father. I feel that the mother may have taken an OD, i feel it was an unintentional OD and she died but she is no longer living. I feel the baby was picked up from her home and put where she was found by some unsuspecting person comming to visit and found the scene. I feel this person did not intentionaly set out to hurt her but simply did not know what to do and feared being dobbed on or blamed for the mothers death.

I'm getting there is only one parent in the picture and it's not the father. I feel that the mother may have taken an OD, i feel it was an unintentional OD and she died but she is no longer living. I feel the baby was picked up from her home and put where she was found by some unsuspecting person comming to visit and found the scene. I feel this person did not intentionaly set out to hurt her but simply did not know what to do and feared being dobbed on or blamed for the mothers death.

The only problem with your theory is that the baby had signs of abuse. ):

It's not a theory it's a reading and do you know any kids of druggies that arn't abused or neglected ??

IMO, I believe she may be of the First Nation race, or as we would say in U.S. Native American. I might add they're are a lot of First Nation people in Toronto area. She has the same features as my granddaughter, those eyes and those chubby cheeks the shape of her face. Such a beautiful baby, I'd take her in a heartbeat.

I just dont understand things like this. There are those of us who plan their entire existence around becoming a mother or father and devote an entire life trying to love, nurture, provide, and protect their offspring. I personally put so much into it, i consider it my single greatest acomplishment in life, being a mother is the higest honor and the MOST important job.

The.....theres the folks who "get pregnant" and dont exactly know what to do with the kid once its born, maybe they will raise it...or maybe just throw it out. Why not just put the child up for adoption?

sexual abuse? That is how I am reading it. Also, the sock shown is a boys sock I think-I hope there is not another infant out there who has not yet been found...and yes I realize it might be a hand me down...just a thought though. She is about as precious as they come and looks a lot like some children I am close to who are bi-racial. ya just want ta munch those cheeks!! I would love to know if the adult took her out of a car seat, or if she was just placed in the back seat, whether she was awake or asleep etc...could have been a car jacking.

Police widen net in abandoned baby case

North American child-find groups and Interpol join efforts to help identify girl left in stairwell.

Feb 09, 2008 04:30 AM
Michele Henry
Crime Reporter

With no clues turning up locally, Toronto police will now include all of Canada and the United States in their quest to identify a baby girl abandoned last week in a stairwell.

Police are sending information and pictures of the infant, believed to be 8 months old and dubbed Angelica-Leslie, to crime-fighting organizations across North America.

Crime Stoppers has started sending details about the little girl to more than 1,200 sister organizations. Officers said they've made contact with Interpol and that snapshots of the baby may have already reached Jamaica and possibly England.

"We're trying to get as many people to see her picture and know her story as possible," Det. Const. Shawn Marshall said yesterday.

The Child Exploitation Unit, which primarily investigates sex crimes over the Internet involving children, has stepped in to help. They are in touch with Canada's National Child Exploitation Co-ordination Centre and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, in the U.S. These organizations will send information to child-find groups and other law-enforcement agencies.

"We're trying to use what we have available to us in a totally different way," Det. Const. Bill McGarry, of the Exploitation Unit, said. "We usually do things in the opposite direction. This time we have the best clue of who she is."

Exploitation Unit officers are sweeping missing children directories in other countries, he said.

More at link: http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/301976

It's not a theory it's a reading and do you know any kids of druggies that arn't abused or neglected ??

I was unaware that it was a reading and I only said that because you made it sound like the baby was dropped off because the mom died and someone didnt want to be responsible. I think it could be a little more than that since the baby was a bused but you certainly could be right.

Oh what a adorable little precious girl... What caused the blood in the mouth and the nose though? Was she beaten and dumped there? What a very sick cruel world we live in... I would take her & love her in a heartbeat!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back