GUILTY CO - Shawna Nelson on trial in the murder of Heather Garraus

emmcee

Reaction score
This trial will be starting soon and it should be VERY interesting to follow. Anyone here from the Greeley CO area who will attend?

Shawna Nelson, wife of a deputy Sheriff, is accused of shooting Heather Garraus, the wife of a Greeley police officer with whom she was having an affair. Shawna has children with both her husband and lover.

The murder weapon has not been found and her husband has been arrested for possibly disposing of the weapon. Then there's a female deputy DA who admitted to having a relationship Shawna's husband.

There are more twists and turns in this case, you can google "Shawna Nelson Greeley" and find out more of the background or check out this link:
http://www.greeleytrib.com/article/20080123/NEWS/391776780

This is the first story that I've posted, hope I did it right. I just thought it would be an interesting trial to follow, especially if there's anyone here from the area who knows any of the parties involved.

That does sound like an interesting case! Thanks for starting the thread.

This trial will be starting soon and it should be VERY interesting to follow. Anyone here from the Greeley CO area who will attend?

Shawna Nelson, wife of a deputy Sheriff, is accused of shooting Heather Garraus, the wife of a Greeley police officer with whom she was having an affair. Shawna has children with both her husband and lover.

The murder weapon has not been found and her husband has been arrested for possibly disposing of the weapon. Then there's a female deputy DA who admitted to having a relationship Shawna's husband.

There are more twists and turns in this case, you can google "Shawna Nelson Greeley" and find out more of the background or check out this link:
http://www.greeleytrib.com/article/20080123/NEWS/391776780

This is the first story that I've posted, hope I did it right. I just thought it would be an interesting trial to follow, especially if there's anyone here from the area who knows any of the parties involved.

Thanks for starting this thread. You are right, this is an interesting case with twists and turns.

Do you live in Greeley?

I hope someone in that area gives us their input. T

The comments left on the local newspaper by the locals about their LE are really interesting.

Do you live in Greeley?
I hope someone in that area gives us their input.
The comments left on the local newspaper by the locals about their LE are really interesting.

No, I'm not in CO. I have family in the Denver area and like to check their newspapers to see what's going on and this story caught my eye when the shooting first happened. I could not believe all the soap opera type stuff that keeps popping up - this is wilder than fiction! Yes, I like to follow the comments in the Greeley paper - greeleytrib.com

I hope someone from the Greeley area will see this thread and give us some first hand news. If I lived in the area I WOULD try to attend the entire trial. :)

Wow. It's like a real-life soap opera there!

This is an interesting case. Thanks for posting it!

I wonder what happened to the kids involved; especially the one that Shawna had by the victim's husband. Just curious.

I wonder what happened to the kids involved; especially the one that Shawna had by the victim's husband. Just curious.

I too would like to know who has the kids.

Meanwhile, here's another twist to the story:

A former Weld County sheriff's deputy was arrested Tuesday on charges of helping her friend plot the murder of a romantic rival, the latest twist in a love triangle that left one person dead and three people facing criminal charges.

An arrest warrant affidavit accuses Michelle Dawn Moore of helping former sheriff's dispatcher Shawna Nelson plan the Jan. 23 shooting death of Heather Garraus.

more here - http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_7516864

I read the husband turned in the gun...wonder why they charged him?

The affidavits are like reading a novel there is so much going on.

Thank you emmcee for providing links to this trial. I've decided to follow it on my blog. I've got links to all of the affidavits there and links to pictures of the murder scene.

www.badgirlscrimeblog.com

The affidavits are like reading a novel there is so much going on.

Thank you emmcee for providing links to this trial. I've decided to follow it on my blog. I've got links to all of the affidavits there and links to pictures of the murder scene.

www.badgirlscrimeblog.com

I just looked at your blog and am very happy to see the way you've put this story together. This is one trial that I would dearly love to attend, but I'm 1000 mi away. I will check your blog regularly as the trial gets underway. :)

From today's Greeley Tribune:

Shawna Nelson trial coverage allotted own space online

There will be a news page dedicated to this trial to make it easier to stay up to date on the Shawna Nelson trial that begins on Tuesday. The Tribune has put together a special section online to help you follow the case easily.

More here:
http://greeleytrib.com/article/20080218/NEWS/854887647

Thanks, emmcee, what an interesting case.

Any chance TruTV will cover the trial after the Jensen case is over?

Thanks, emmcee, what an interesting case.

Any chance TruTV will cover the trial after the Jensen case is over?

I haven't heard if any network will be covering this, but it would be great if there was TV coverage. This case has piqued my interest more than any other since the Lacy Peterson murder.

If you go to the link in my last message, the link to the interactive graphic, see how different Shawna looks in her booking photo from the photo of her taken before this all happened. Wowser!

WOWSER is right, emmcee. :eek:

I need that kind of picture display in a lot of cases I read about. That really helps, especially in a tangled up case like this.

When they say shot "execution style", does that always mean the person was on their knees and they were shot through the back of the head? Or front? I always wondered if that meant the same thing across the board.

Does anybody know if one of the local networks will be streaming it live on the net?

Is there anyone here who will be able to attend the trial?

Trial is moving along, both her ex lover and husband have testified, along with many many cops,

Tomorrow her best friend Michelle Moore is expected to testify,

it is not known if she will testify for the state or for Shawna,

but she is charged as a co conspirator, and her trial will be later, we will find out if she has a deal in exchange for her testimony tomorrow,

I think she may be for the state now, as she has very very serious charges with alot of time attached to her sentence if she gets a G verdict

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back