CA - Farrah's son busted for drugs again :(

That kids heroin addiction wasn't bad enough, and he also had speed? His poor parents. Poor him. Maybe they should have left him with Griffin. Oh, and I called him a kid. I guess he isn't anymore.

He has been an addict for years. I stopped feeling sorry for him when he kept using after leaving a detox facility.
Some people will never stop using drugs. I think he's one of them.

With all of the opportunity that is open to celebrities and their families, it never ceases to amaze me that they choose drugs, so often. I have a very difficult time feeling sorry for even one of them. If I were to make the choices they do, I would probably be found in a gutter somewhere. They, on the other hand are taken to luxury detox country clubs, given the most expensive care possible, only to turn around and do it again. How could their lives be THAT miserable? I understand money doesn't buy happiness, but I sure wouldn't mind giving that life a shot. It just seems as though the majority of the celebrities are addicted to something. Britany Spears is going to be the next Anna Nicole Smith. You read it here first!

The article says he has been in rehab a dozen times. Don't give up hope yet, I know one like that who is now 5 years clean.

I am getting so desensitized to the substance abuse problems of the rich, famous, and their offspring. I will say this- the most wild drug using kids I knew were the rich kids and I know a lot of them have gone on to become our lawyers, judges and doctors, locally. I don't know what snapped them out of it but it was something these nationally famous people weren't exposed to.

He has been an addict for years. I stopped feeling sorry for him when he kept using after leaving a detox facility.
Some people will never stop using drugs. I think he's one of them.

I used to think this about Robert Downey, Jr but he appears to be proving me wrong these days.

My prayers to Redmond and his family.

The article says he has been in rehab a dozen times. Don't give up hope yet, I know one like that who is now 5 years clean.

I agree. The human condition, crosses all boundries, and the rich and famous aren't immuned. money doesn't fill the empty place, for young or old, male or female. A little compassion goes a long way.

I agree. The human condition, crosses all boundries, and the rich and famous aren't immuned. money doesn't fill the empty place, for young or old, male or female. A little compassion goes a long way.

Drugs don't discriminate is right, teeray. Like Sewing Deb said it can be done.Plus, someone mentioned after he left a detox facility. If this guy is a heroin addict leaving a detox with no rehabilitation or back up it'd be pretty tough for him to stay clean. Just that he aslo had meth on him as well I was like "Whoa, he's in huge trouble". Was already anyway.

Drugs don't discriminate is right, teeray. Like Sewing Deb said it can be done.Plus, someone mentioned after he left a detox facility. If this guy is a heroin addict leaving a detox with no rehabilitation or back up it'd be pretty tough for him to stay clean. Just that he aslo had meth on him as well I was like "Whoa, he's in huge trouble". Was already anyway.

Yeah, he was, and sadly, still is. Drugs and alcohol seem to be at the root of so many crimes. If people would stop and try to figure out why so many are bent on leaving their body, and invest in solution, rather than harsh judgement, perhaps we'd see a drop in crime stats. Well... just maybe.

People under the influence will do things they may never even imagine while sober. Then there's that other percentage of criminals that just have no souls, and alcohol and drugs have nothing to do with it. :confused:

Yeah, he was, and sadly, still is. Drugs and alcohol seem to be at the root of so many crimes. If people would stop and try to figure out why so many are bent on leaving their body, and invest in solution, rather than harsh judgement, perhaps we'd see a drop in crime stats. Well... just maybe.

People under the influence will do things they may never even imagine while sober. Then there's that other percentage of criminals that just have no souls, and alcohol and drugs have nothing to do with it. :confused:

I also heard his Mother, not just Charlie's Angel, but everybody's Angel, is suffering a serious battle with cancer. Could it be the kid is, um, depressed? Trying to self-destruct cause he can't fix her? A subliminal wish to die before she does? Just a thought...

I also heard his Mother, not just Charlie's Angel, but everybody's Angel, is suffering a serious battle with cancer. Could it be the kid is, um, depressed? Trying to self-destruct cause he can't fix her? A subliminal wish to die before she does? Just a thought...

Well I guess that would as good an excuse as any.:rolleyes: But on the other hand.......nah! The kid just likes to get high. IMO

Well I guess that would as good an excuse as any.:rolleyes: But on the other hand.......nah! The kid just likes to get high. IMO

I agree with you.
People will argue differently and that's their opinion. My opinion, and I'm not going to change it ,is, the majority of people who do drugs or drink too much or eat too much sweets or whatever do it because they like it. Many people overcome it because the bad that comes from it outweighs the so called "fun" or "good times".
Unfortunately, some die before they get there. All this rehab after rehab after rehab doesn't work until they really want to.

Another thing about this whole situation is excuse after excuse is made for THESE kids while poor inner city kids are thrown in jail and society has no pity for them.

In Redmond's case here I'm more worried about his mother. The last pictures I saw she looks like she won't be with us for long. He and his father should be concentrating on that now.

Another thing I'm wondering about, I'm seeing this happening so much on Pacific Coast Highway. I'm afraid for the innocent people driving there. Seems like these celebrities are drink/ drug/reckless driving on there all times of the night and day. It must be scary to drive there.

The repeat offender celebrities should have their license pulled and if they keep it up thrown in jail for a good amount of time just like anyone else.

Yeah, I think this kid has a more serious problem than enjoying the high. Maybe it started out that way, but appears to have escalated into serious and powerful addiction that has a death grip on the kid. Least that's what it seems like.

No excuses, he needs medical help that he doesn't have the option of walking away from! Just my opinion.

He has an empty life.

HE comes from the same dysfunction that Tatem O'Neal came from, almost destroyed her life. I don't know how she is doing.

Violence, addiction, superficial values. Maybe genetics too. Lack of role model by father. Now, with his mother dying, he doesn't have her time or guidance.

Where does he get the money for this lifestyle? Does he even have a job? Children of celebrities need some kind of identity apart from their parents. At least Robert Downey had the promise of talent and a great career to come back to.

Redmond looks and acts like a really messed up kid. I used to be envious of Farrah Fawcett for leaving college for her great career, etc. Now I wouldn't trade her life for mine for anything; not even millions of bucks. No way.

My son is such a jewel. (knock on wood)

The headline is especially interesting. What about his dad? (The first line mentions him, but IMO O'Neal deserves some recognition in the headline.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back