Jane Fonda's Big Mouth Gets Her in Trouble Again

angelmom

The love stays...forever in our hearts
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Jane Fonda, who at 70 should know better, drops the C word on national television this morning on the Today show with Meredith Viera.

NBC apologizes.

They are getting really good at it.

http://www.tmz.com/2008/02/14/jane-fonda-i-wasnt-into-cu-t/

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2008/02/jane_fonda_shocks_today_show_w.php

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gajzJN6xviKnPPN5N_37AFYqbAqQD8UQ8QMG0

Holy crap! :eek: I hope the FCC fines her BIG time. There are children watching in the morning!

Never been a fan of hers.
And not going to touch this with a ten foot pole....
Just shows again, she has NO class......

Never been a fan of hers.
And not going to touch this with a ten foot pole....
Just shows again, she has NO class......

Your second sentence is just begging for another play on words re: this topic! I'm so bad.

I think the older you get, the less your brain filters out what shouldn't be said. I've seen this with a lot of senior citizens I've been with. Maybe that's what happened with Jane. No excuses for it, just saying.

Maybe it's time for NBC to work with a 7-second time delay or something. Didn't another female movie star say the F word just last month during an NBC interview? :rolleyes:

O/T But I hope I look like her when I'm 70. Sheesh.

Oh, see, now I just saw that it was about the V monologues... Still there are young kids toddling around during those early hours! lol

Children have no business watching news programs like that anyway, IMO. I think it was an innocent slip - c**t was the name of the monologue she was asked to do. Meridith's face in the clip cracks me up!

Just watched the video. What an idiot! It just goes to show that actors usually only sound intelligent when someone else writes their words!

I really cannot see what is the big deal. She was invited onto the Today show to talk about her new role in "The Vagina Monologues". Her monologue is titled "C***." In her enthusiasm talking about her role in this award-winning and very popular play in which all kinds of slang words for woman's anatomy are blunty and openly used, she mentions the word around which her monologue revolves. She didn't call somebody a C***. Yes, it is too bad that it slipped out but it was an innocent mistake and hardly worth the outcry. :rolleyes:

Cracked me up. You almost never hear 70-year olds saying the "C" word!!! :eek:

I don't know, I heard my mom saying a lot of things I never thought she would say. But, after I read the article it was stated that was the name of the monologue so she may not have been politically correct but she was accurate.

We just need to cut Jane some slack. Kids shouldn't be viewing news programs anyway. Much too disheartening for them to start their day.

I think in some instances that older people have a G.A.S. that is broken and just want to shake up the rest.Not saying this is the case but Jane isn't known for being reticent. LOL!

I don't know, I heard my mom saying a lot of things I never thought she would say. But, after I read the article it was stated that was the name of the monologue so she may not have been politically correct but she was accurate.

We just need to cut Jane some slack. Kids shouldn't be viewing news programs anyway. Much too disheartening for them to start their day.

I think in some instances that older people have a G.A.S. that is broken and just want to shake up the rest.Not saying this is the case but Jane isn't known for being reticent. LOL!

I hope I live long enough so that I can say anything I want and people just have to put up with me because I'm a senior citizen.

I really cannot see what is the big deal. She was invited onto the Today show to talk about her new role in "The Vagina Monologues". Her monologue is titled "C***." In her enthusiasm talking about her role in this award-winning and very popular play in which all kinds of slang words for woman's anatomy are blunty and openly used, she mentions the word around which her monologue revolves. She didn't call somebody a C***. Yes, it is too bad that it slipped out but it was an innocent mistake and hardly worth the outcry. :rolleyes:

I totally agree!

Cracked me up. You almost never hear 70-year olds saying the "C" word!!! :eek:

This post cracked me up! Thanks Jeana I would have never thought about it that way. There was another posts of yours in the NH forum a long while back that still makes me laugh when I think of it.

I hope I live long enough so that I can say anything I want and people just have to put up with me because I'm a senior citizen.

Me too, Jeana! I keep avoiding the AARP as I am not ready for the intrusion but I may have to accept it sooner than later.

i think they're making too much out of it, imo....big deal:rolleyes:

The slip prompted Meredith Vieira to issue an apology, stating, "We were talking about 'The Vagina Monologues' and Jane Fonda inadvertently said a word from the play that you don't say on television
http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2008/02/jane_fonda_shocks_today_show_w.php
I agree. Sure, it is a wordy-dird, but she used it in a context where it made sense - they asked Fonda to do a part of the Vagina monologues with a title that has the 'C' word in it and she declined. She named the portion she declined.
I'm already that old and it is wonderful
angry019.gif
See, I'm cursing up a storm with an admin and I'm not in trouble
devil07.gif

I agree, considering the topic of discussion; she "slipped". In any other setting or context it might be offensive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back