MA - David Flavell, RSO, for peeping, attempted rape, 2008 & 2009

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view.bg?articleid=1074980&srvc=home&position=0

This judge seems to like giving pervs a 2nd chance. See what happens? :behindbar

The sexual predator who was busted this week after allegedly stalking a woman inside a Braintree bookstore bathroom was set free by the same judge who sprang another convicted pervert accused of raping a child in a New Bedford library last month.
Superior Court Judge Richard T. Moses refused to lock up David Flavell in February 2006 because he did not think the Level 3 offender was “sexually dangerous.”
Flavell, 38, was arrested Tuesday night for allegedly peeping at a woman in a Braintree Borders bookstore bathroom stall on Jan. 29.
Corey Saunders, who allegedly raped a 6-year-old boy just a few feet from the child’s mother inside a New Bedford library, was also released from custody by Moses in 2006, over the strenuous objections of the district attorney and three psychologists who argued that he posed a serious threat to children. (more plus :eek: pics at link)

Out with Judge Moses!!!

Disrobe him (from the bench, not the other way :crazy: ). He's just as dangerous as the predators he's releasing to the public.

I have to wonder, whats going on with this judge that he sides with the preditors?

VB

You know its a scary thought but I can't help but have this thought tickling in the back of my mind when I hear about judges release these perverts....

My thought is why do they show so much sympathy to these kind of guys?Is it becuse they also are pedos who have not been caught?

I know its a crazy thought and I can't help it.I just don't understand why some judges do not take a harder stance on protecting our children and the public as a whole.

Yes he needs to be off the bench.I so agree with you Paladin!

Disrobe him (from the bench, not the other way :crazy: ). He's just as dangerous as the predators he's releasing to the public.

Oh NO Paladin! You are correct the first time. DISROBE HIM and throw his old *advertiser censored* to the perverts! Let them rape him and let him know the shame and the pain that comes with being a victim.

I agree with you guys. As I read this one, I couldn't help but wonder WHY he ignored the pleas of THREE psychologists....

I agree with you guys. As I read this one, I couldn't help but wonder WHY he ignored the pleas of THREE psychologists....
maybe he is one of those ACLU types that feels once they have served their time public safety be damned. maybe he is a pervert that identifies with the criminal. maybe he is just a total idiot. this judge is a example of why we have mandatory sentences. now if we can just change the law so the sentence is LWOP for these type of crimes we may stop some of the damage judges like this create. IMO this judge is partly responsible for the crimes committed after his neglect of duty.

YIKES! I just posted on the Jury section about a time all I did was go to the ladies room. I come back and my ex husband is in an isle sans our kid. I freaked out. See, libraries and bookstores ya just don't go in the bathrooms alone or leave kids roaming free. In Philly a little girl was raped in a library bathroom as her grandmom read to another child. Poor kid was close to death "stuffed" behind the toilet. These judges are the reason we have to be extra protective on our own. Ya have to.

http://bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view.bg?articleid=1075118

Freed perv’s arrest prompts gov to probe sex panel
A spokesman for the administration said this case appears to have more to do with judicial discretion than the sex offender information, but he said top officials will intensify efforts to eliminate holes in the state’s system of tracking offenders.
Murray pointed out that Moses was not an appointee of the Patrick administration, and was instead elevated to the bench by former acting Gov. Jane Swift in 2002. (more at link)

Where's Jane Swift now?

http://bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view.bg?articleid=1075118

Freed perv’s arrest prompts gov to probe sex panel
A spokesman for the administration said this case appears to have more to do with judicial discretion than the sex offender information, but he said top officials will intensify efforts to eliminate holes in the state’s system of tracking offenders.
Murray pointed out that Moses was not an appointee of the Patrick administration, and was instead elevated to the bench by former acting Gov. Jane Swift in 2002. (more at link)

Where's Jane Swift now?

Is Swift very swift?

Did the lawyer go play golf with this judge bet 10grand and lose here?
They're all sexually dangerous until they die or are too old to function at all. They can't cure them.
You know, i wonder, too if some of these judges are pervs also.. i would have never freed him!!

Who do we petition?? This is pathetic. I know the 'system' does not always work, but this is a man with the only say in the matter and the freedom to choose to keep our children safe. He is NOT a cog in a machine that is flawed.

Get him off the bench! :furious:

Maybe someone should get into the judge's computer and see what he keeps in there. His behavior does raise red flags. Shouldn't people be outraged when someone damages a child or peeks at women in a bathroom, etc? Seems to me only perverts wouldn't be bothered by it.

LOL golfmom! Ick!!!

These decisions always make me wonder what they are thinking...

Someone needs to get into this judge's personal pc harddrive.. it makes you wonder how many risky perverts is he going to let loose? or is there payoffs involved or what? no judge with a conscience would let them off. They're just going to reoffend.

I want to know that Superior Court Judge Richard T. Moses has been removed from the bench. Any word on that?

Salem

Police chief calls for elected judges

The lifetime appointment of judges will be abolished if a bill filed Monday with the state Senate becomes law.

"The only people who are not accountable to 'We the people' of Massachusetts are the judges," Holyoke Police Chief Anthony R. Scott said Monday.

http://www.masslive.com/metrowest/republican/index.ssf?/base/news-18/1237277763249640.xml&coll=1

Don't know where this bill stands as of today. Those of us in MA need to start writing to our legislatures and push for its passage. Hopefully there is no grandfather clause which would allow for present judges to remain seated through their lifetime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back