GUILTY TX - William McMillan, 50, found murdered in burning home, 14 Feb 2008

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Evan McMillan is seventeen years old. Evan's father had given him a silver Cadillac as a gift, but Evan wasn't keeping up his grades. Big mistake for dad to threaten to take back that Caddy because Evan shot his fifty year old father and set the place on fire.http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5563884.html

Oh, the kid was released on a $50,000 bond. Besides he said somebody named Shane killed his dad while he waited in the Caddy. O.K.?

:eek::eek::eek:
From the article, it sounds like he was still pissed at his dad even being questioned by LE after he had killed him.
He goes to commit the crime in the caddy and had an accomplice "Shane". So i wonder who exactly did the shooting and who was driving; a witness saw 2 ski masked men.. Some of these children just seem.. God.. :(:banghead:.. i don't even know. They need to be :behindbar.

This case reeks of premeditation. They wore ski masks yet use the car his dad bought him, they forget and leave a ski mask on the floor of the car besides; probably didn't think about witnesses.. Are some people just stupid or do they really think they're not going to get caught or is it a combination? It seems like some kids are just spoiled to the point of killing if they don't get their way. I don't understand how hard it is to just keep your grades up if your father bought you a car. He was generous enough to buy him a car, now the son should have fulfilled his part of the bargain; instead he kills him. This is terrible, what is happening to people??

I'd say they are just plain stupid, Meow. The stunner to me is how ya get a friend to even listen to you that you are going to kill your father let alone go with you? If there's even any truth in the Shane person. How do we know the other masked person ain't the mom? Yeah, when my dad took my caddy off of me I figured I'd.......gettaheckouttahere, my dad would have been on that like white on rice. Oh, only he couldn't buy us a car. It's a world gone mad, Meow I say.

I'd say they are just plain stupid, Meow. The stunner to me is how ya get a friend to even listen to you that you are going to kill your father let alone go with you? If there's even any truth in the Shane person. How do we know the other masked person ain't the mom? Yeah, when my dad took my caddy off of me I figured I'd.......gettaheckouttahere, my dad would have been on that like white on rice. Oh, only he couldn't buy us a car. It's a world gone mad, Meow I say.

Filly, i hear you on that. It was probably a car his son wanted too. Until we know more of the story, maybe the son offered to pay someone to help him; it may not have necessarily been a friend; maybe an acquaintance who wanted drug money and was desperate. If it was the mother, omg.. you never know in today's world..

A sense of entitlement appears to be a built-in for some young people today. they feel they are entitled, so they take.

how are they being brought up to have this attitude. don't think i'm blaming the victim. i'm just wondering.

A sense of entitlement appears to be a built-in for some young people today. they feel they are entitled, so they take.

how are they being brought up to have this attitude. don't think i'm blaming the victim. i'm just wondering.

Alot of kids got that "I'm gonna get me mine" attitude. Does that cause one to kill? I don't know Floh, but I do know we wouldn't have raised our voices at the parental unit. There was respect coupled with a fear of sorts. I wish I knew the answer, but if this kid feared his dad maybe well who knows? It's so sad though.

Because some of the parents give every time the child wants to take which can be constant. They set no foundations, boundaries or rules that guide them into being responsible young people so they can become responsible young adults one day.

Many of these teen killers have hair triggers when it comes to anger when dared to be told "NO" on occasion and it becomes more about getting even with the one who dared stand up to them. For some of these murderers it has become "Who in the H*** do you think you are telling ME what to do and what I can't have."

It seems more and more teens are wiping out their parents or their entire families. They seem to be the walking dead only able to see one way.......their way and if the parent's hand is always stretched out and the teen never has to give anything back then they may let these parents live if not they see them as nothing but thorns in their sides and a hindrance.

Imo I think there are more parents locking their bedroom doors at night than ever before and they are afraid of the child they brought into this world. The stranger that resides inside their home.

imoo

After reading the article I have to wonder if there is much more to this story. His father recently remarried and was planning on moving away, was there resentment about that? I also have to wonder if perhaps Shane is actually the mother? They were both wearing ski masks and the 1 was only seen driving the car. I wonder how long ago it was that they divorced?

VB

After reading the article I have to wonder if there is much more to this story. His father recently remarried and was planning on moving away, was there resentment about that? I also have to wonder if perhaps Shane is actually the mother? They were both wearing ski masks and the 1 was only seen driving the car. I wonder how long ago it was that they divorced?

VB

I wonder how much resentment the mother had towards the father? Did that kid drive straight to his mothers after the murder and fire setting? Both the mother and the kid answered the door when LE came knocking. So Shane went in and committed the murder and set the house on fire and then came out to the car and told this kid "DRIVE!" I would say that it was this kid that murdered his dad and set the fire and if anyone else was with him he told the driver to "Drive!" It just doesn't sound right the other way around. It would be the son who would be damanding I think. I won't be surprised if it was the mother with her son. Wonder why the mom and dad divorced.

Why is this kid out on bail? I didn't see that in the news article. Who bailed him out...mom? I say sell the car to help pay his attorney. Course if mom wasn't involved and she says they have to sell the car to pay the attorney she might end up dead next. She better watch her back!

Looks like the new wife will get everything that dad had beings the killer won't be getting anything at all. I wonder if it was worth it????

I believe it said the mother bailed him out.
They found 1 ski mask inside the car, I wonder where the other ski mask might be?
I would also be interested in knowing if there was any life insurance and who would benefit from that?

VB

Call me crazy but when I first saw this title my first thought was "golf caddy." :doh:

Add me to the list who at first thought golf caddy. :blushing:

sooo, it was a cadillac. that makes sense then! :furious:

Hmm, a 12-year-old Cadillac which probably cost less than even a very modest new car... that removes the brainless spoiled brat factor. $50,000 bond is very low for a murder charge, clearly the authorities assessed the flight risk at close to none. Must be more to the story than what is available from the media.

Hmm, a 12-year-old Cadillac which probably cost less than even a very modest new car... that removes the brainless spoiled brat factor. $50,000 bond is very low for a murder charge, clearly the authorities assessed the flight risk at close to none. Must be more to the story than what is available from the media.

Karl I bet to this kid that Caddy was like gold.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back