Cops go bald!

golfmom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I know a lot of members have to be frustrated with me always finding bad cop stories . . . but, here's an outstandingly great cop story.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/newssun/news/810066,WA24_schultz_s1.article

WAUCONDA - When Officer Eric Schultz started losing his hair from chemo treatment a few weeks ago, he never imagined it would result in the unity he saw Saturday.
More than 70 people - the majority police officers from Wauconda and surrounding communities - shaved their heads at WHS Saturday to support Schultz and benefit the St. Baldrick's Foundation, which raises money for pediatric cancer.

Some women even got in on the action. Johnna Garrett, a dispatcher at Wauconda cut 10 inches of her jet black hair to donate to Locks of Love, which uses the hair to make wigs for chemo patients.

By the end of the day more than 70 heads had been shaved, and Wauconda police raised an estimated $18,000, which was well above the initial goal of $5,000, said Deputy Chief Patrick Yost.

In a few months the story will get even better. When treatment is complete Schultz is expected to be fitted for a prosthetic foot, and will likely rejoin the force.

This is great, another wonderful story.
Tks for sharing:clap:

Great story, thanks for posting golfmom. How wonderful they supported him this way. :)

I know a lot of members have to be frustrated with me always finding bad cop stories . . . but, here's an outstandingly great cop story.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/newssun/news/810066,WA24_schultz_s1.article

WAUCONDA - When Officer Eric Schultz started losing his hair from chemo treatment a few weeks ago, he never imagined it would result in the unity he saw Saturday.
More than 70 people - the majority police officers from Wauconda and surrounding communities - shaved their heads at WHS Saturday to support Schultz and benefit the St. Baldrick's Foundation, which raises money for pediatric cancer.

Some women even got in on the action. Johnna Garrett, a dispatcher at Wauconda cut 10 inches of her jet black hair to donate to Locks of Love, which uses the hair to make wigs for chemo patients.

By the end of the day more than 70 heads had been shaved, and Wauconda police raised an estimated $18,000, which was well above the initial goal of $5,000, said Deputy Chief Patrick Yost.

In a few months the story will get even better. When treatment is complete Schultz is expected to be fitted for a prosthetic foot, and will likely rejoin the force.

I admire what these officers did but Locks of Love is a scam.
I cringe whenever I hear that someone donated to them.
They are not in good standing with the BBB and they sell the majority of the wigs they make not donated like they claim.

This is an awesome story. Its so good to hear that good things still happen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back