Anti-Smoking Crusaider

golfmom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This guy wants fire pits, barbecues, fire places and wood stoves all BANNED!

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=140997

Crackling logs in the hearth offer a toasty reprieve during these brutal winter months.
--------

Kenneth Dubinski of Elk Grove Village is leading a group seeking to prevent wood smoke from wafting through the air, pushing to ban what he calls the new secondhand smoke. He is working to galvanize support on the heels of a statewide tobacco smoking ban.

here you go--- and so many folks couldnt understand the big deal about banning cig smoking at outdoor places--- to me it was never because it was cigarrettes- it was because the RIGHT was taken away----- now this----- whats next?

I just keep getting a vision of one caveman sneaking around putting out all the cave fires because he's gettin' a headache ... as they all slowly freeze to death.

he seems to have one--- worrying about how everyone else should live theirs

I guess. I can just imagine trying to enforce this.

Wonder if he's willing to kick in for paying for people who don't use any other kind of heat?
If not, I'm wondering how the smell of thawing bodies in the spring, might effect his breathing?

I guess. I can just imagine trying to enforce this.

Wonder if he's willing to kick in for paying for people who don't use any other kind of heat?
If not, I'm wondering how the smell of thawing bodies in the spring, might effect his breathing?

He wants the state to pay incentives for homeowners to convert their fireplaces to GAS. :furious:

He wants the state to pay incentives for homeowners to convert their fireplaces to GAS. :furious:

Of course. I guess moving to a warmer climate more suitable to his sensitive allergies would be out of the question?

(ya know, like thousands of people do, each year (AZ)?

People like this make me crazy. It must really be a powerful feeling to be able to tell everyone else how they should live and behave.

Next up, think of the children.

I waited 20 years to finally have a wood burning fireplace built. It is huge and was not cheap. I do hearth cooking on it. It brightens my mood on dark winter days. It is still legal to have and use. I will most fervently fight changes in this direction in my locality.
I'd like to see him tell guys they can't BBQ. BBQ'ing is like a religion around here.

Hope Mr. Dubinski never moves to my town, because the majority of people who live here have fireplaces & wood burning stoves. Not only keeps us nice & toasty, but cuts down on the heating cost. We buy 2 cords of wood at around $400.00 and that usually get us through the winter months. If we didn't have a fireplace, our heating bill would be $200.00 a month! Hmmm, perhaps Mr. Dubinski works for the gas or electric company?

From the article:

One forum for the debate has been the letters columns of the Daily Herald, where Dubinski and his supporters regularly appear, sparking spirited replies from wood-burning fans.

Sounds like he has a fan base of similar nuts.

Unbelievable. :doh: Absolutely unbelievable.

Please do not ever become discouraged in your work by the comments of people who lack education on the harmful effects of wood burning smoke. My father (John Engelhardt) made it his life long mission to educate people on the harmful effects of wood-burning smoke. He left behind six children with spouses and sixteen grandchildren, who now have their own spouses, and their own children and are all going out into the world and carrying on the education of the harmful effects of wood burning smoke. DO PEOPLE NOT WONDER WHY SO MANY OF OUR CHILDREN ARE CARRYING INHALERS TO BREATHE? IS THERE NOT SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE? THANK YOU FOR THE WORK YOU ARE DOING!!!!!!!
posted by Laurie Schaefer on Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:22 AM

From the article.

Apparently Ms Shaefer agrees with him.

Wonder where the advocates are for banning carpets in homes, dirt roads, pets (dander), pollen, et freakin cetera.

Where I live, we're going to have to pave everything. Pollen kills me. Where's the government to save me from God?

Great. We'll never wean ourselves from the Middle East oil! :doh:

To my knowledge, unlike cig smoke, wood smoke doesn't have carcinogens, poisons, etc.

DK, he has "environmental concerns" .... plus the smoke gives him a headache. I think he gives me a headache. He certainly hasn't thought this one through. ETA: I wonder why they didn't have cow emissions on the EPA list ... LOL

Particulate pollution

• Residential wood burning: 35%

• Other sources: 30%

• Cars and trucks: 21%

• Forest fires: 13%

• Other residential fuels: 1%

Source: EPA

Great. We'll never wean ourselves from the Middle East oil! :doh:

To my knowledge, unlike cig smoke, wood smoke doesn't have carcinogens, poisons, etc.
and I understood the cig smoke in an enclosed building- and I smoked-however- it is now being banned everywhere even outside- my point is, it starts out where one might agree- but then just keeps on going-people like this are scary--- I think

... Hmmm, perhaps Mr. Dubinski works for the gas or electric company?

I was thinking the same thing. That is who stands to benefit economically the most. Then the insurance companies. Follow the money...

They were trying to ban wood fires here also but they gave up on the idea.

My parents live in Northern CT and a couple of months ago, his oil bill was $900 (not sure for how many months of oil). He flipped out and started using our old wood stove that we haven't used in over 20 years. They are both retired and he is afraid that he will soon be priced out of his house due to rising taxes, cost of oil & gas, etc. He mentioned to me privately that he is worried that at some point in the future he will be forced to sell their house and move down south. It breaks my heart to hear him talk like that.

This guy really needs to get a grip. Just one more person bitching for the sake of bitching.:rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back