MO MO - Dennis Spriggs, 47, LaBelle, 15 July 1992

How interesting. I wonder if they know who the killer is if they have identified 3 possible victims?

I would like to know that too!!! Wonder what happened to make them dig up a man that passed in 1992?

I'm hoping this story will ring a bell to someone at WS and they'll be able to make a connection to the killer for us. Maybe they'll remember reading about an arrest or something. I'll tell you what though. LE in Utah has gotten so tight with info on investigations that we only learn about them after an arrest is made. So I doubt I'll hear much more about it in Utah.

I'm hoping this story will ring a bell to someone at WS and they'll be able to make a connection to the killer for us. Maybe they'll remember reading about an arrest or something. I'll tell you what though. LE in Utah has gotten so tight with info on investigations that we only learn about them after an arrest is made. So I doubt I'll hear much more about it in Utah.

It seems to be working very well for them, though. Thanks for posting that article SuziQ.

Thanks Sable! I remember the case from Utah. So far Donald Younge seems like a good fit.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/15443261/detail.html

An FBI investigation leads to the exhumation of three bodies in Utah and Missouri. Details of what they're looking for are not being made public, but there is speculation the corpses could be linked to a serial killer. (more at link. Video included)

At the below link is another article saying basically the same thing others say. But there is an interesting post by a supposed family member.

http://www.ktvotv3.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=100731

shocked
I am a distant reliative of this man and am very shocked by this. Denny was such a nice man. I still cant believe no autopsy was done in 92 when he died. He was only in his 40's. With no heart condiitons. Very strange

If the others are male, I'd say someone is trying to see if there was some kind of black widow serial at work. The nebulous nature of Mr. Spriggs's death made me think of that. If there was no sign of violence when he passed away, that might mean poisoning, and sometimes that points to a female killer. If it was a male killer, he was probably young at the time, very smart, and may still be free. I know all that is the height of pure speculation, but hey, that's why we're here, right?

Steve

Lol, that is exactly why we are here. Your mention of a woman made me think of a wife or girlfriend. So I went back to a previousy linked article to see if there were more comments from the family. Dang, there weren't any. And there is nothing new I could find. There's mention that info on this case will be released soon. This ought to be interesting when it does come out.

Hello--I found this post while looking for more information about this exhumation, which occurred about 40 miles from me. A good friend of mine (who has ties to the family) has told me that Mr. Spriggs' wife at the time of his death is the suspect in the case. She is also a suspect in the suspicious deaths of other people in Utah, I believe a subsequent husband and a maybe a business partner. From what I have been told, authorities believe some type of long-term poisoning may have been the cause of death.

Hello--I found this post while looking for more information about this exhumation, which occurred about 40 miles from me. A good friend of mine (who has ties to the family) has told me that Mr. Spriggs' wife at the time of his death is the suspect in the case. She is also a suspect in the suspicious deaths of other people in Utah, I believe a subsequent husband and a maybe a business partner. From what I have been told, authorities believe some type of long-term poisoning may have been the cause of death.

Thank you! Please keep us posted with updates.

Hi everyone... This is my first post here. Just came across this blog. I have been a registered user for while because I have been interested in Natalee holloway case.
Anyway to Susie Q: you posted this a long time back :
At the below link is another article saying basically the same thing others say. But there is an interesting post by a supposed family member. I am the person that posted that on KTVO's website. And I am a distant realitive of Deniis Spriggs. I am not just a "supposed" family member.
Just wanted to set the record straight.

Glad you found this thread Melis. I am sorry for your loss. I had read that Dennis was an insurance salesman. Is this true? What are the families thoughts on what is happening? Do you know any of the details on what has happened in Utah?

Thank you for the confirmation that you are the "supposed" family member. I hope you weren't offended by that terminology. Over the internet there is just no way to know what someone posts on a blog is true or not. I know for me I don't like to post something as the truth if I don't know it is or not. It's pretty much expected at WS to back up what you are posting with a verified source or use a disclaimer such as I did.

Anyways, welcome to WS and feel free to share what you feel comfortable in sharing. I live in Utah so this case is of special interest to me. Please accept my condolences on your family's loss.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back