CA CA - Shaliegh Phillips, 12, El Cajon, 12 Feb 1988

Richard

Reaction score
20 years ago...

---------------------
Shaliegh Sharrie Phillips
Missing since February 12, 1988 from El Cajon, San Diego County, California.
Classification: Endangered Runaway

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: December 22, 1975
Age at Time of Disappearance: 12 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7; 110 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; brown eyes.
Dentals: Available.
Clothing: Last seen wearing a pink sweater and levi jeans.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Phillips was last seen leaving her family's home on February 12, 1988 under the pretense of meeting friends. She has never been heard from again and is classified as a runaway. It is possible that Phillips stayed in her hometown of El Cajon, California after her initial disappearance.

It is feared that she may have met with foul play.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Phillips' case, please contact:
San Diego Police Department
619-531-2000
You may remain anonymous when submitting information to any agency.

Agency Case Number: 88-017220
NCMEC #: NCMC770786.
NCIC Case Number: M-956363202

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any organization with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
California Department of Justice
The Doe Network: Case File 151DFCA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/151dfca.html

It says on various missing persons websites that she is 5 ft. 7 inches, so maybe she is just one of the few 12-year-olds who sprouts like a bean. I'm not sure if I can link info. from other sites like FB? At any rate, police believe she left her home on her 'own accord' as a runaway and may have stayed in the area.I wonder if police have any updates or have investigated further? Vague info. and no input from family online.

I wonder it her weight and height are correct. I think 5'7 and 110 lbs sounds off.
5' 7 and 110 Pounds - What's my BMI? Male and Female

She does not look underweight in the picture of her posted but according to the BMI chart she would be eight pounds under a normal BMI .

While it's totally understandable for you to question this, because when I saw this too I found it odd, but BMI calculations are different for children and teenagers from adults. You not only have to input height, weight, and biological sex, age is also a factor.

I put the information into a calculator put specifically for children and teenagers (aged 2-19), and while the BMI still falls at a 17.2, which would be underweight for an adult of that height and weight, she would be around the 36th percentile for children her age and sex, making her a healthy weight (healthy weight ranges from 5th percentile to the 85th percentile).

BMI Calculator Child and Teen | Healthy Weight | CDC

Shaliegh Sharrie Phillips
  • shaliegh_sharrie_phillips_1.jpg
  • shaliegh_sharrie_phillips_2.jpg
Shaliegh, circa 1988; Age-progression to age 40 (circa 2015)

• Missing Since02/12/1988
  • Missing FromEl Cajon, California
  • ClassificationEndangered Runaway
  • Date of Birth12/22/1975 (43)
  • Age12 years old
  • Height and Weight5'7, 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionLevi's jeans and a pink sweater.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Blonde hair, brown eyes. Shaliegh's feet are unequal in size and she has to wear different sized shoes for each. She has a hairline crack in her skull which may or may not be visible in an X-ray.
Details of Disappearance
Shaliegh was last seen leaving her family's residence in El Cajon, California on February 12, 1988. She said she was planning to visit friends nearby. She never returned home and has not been heard from again.

Authorities believe Shaliegh left of her own accord and may have remained in the El Cajon area for some time after her initial disappearance. Foul play is possible in her case, but few details are available.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back