AL - Shannon Campbell, 33, shot to death, Mobile, 23 Feb 2008

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://blog.al.com/live/2008/02/toddler_found_in_blood_of_moth.html

A toddler was found outside his home, covered in his mother's blood and next to her slain body Sunday morning in Mobile, police and neighbors said.
Detectives believe Shannon Campbell, 33, died from at least once gunshot wound, police spokesman Officer Eric Gallichant said
Her son could have spent hours overnight outside. A 911 caller told police he found the mother dead about 8:40 a.m. Sunday at her front door of 1716 Woodley Road, off Moffett Road, Gallichant said. Gallichant said the caller was a friend of the woman and had come to visit her. (more at link)

:(

More:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23379535/

We tracked down an old friend of Shannon's who did not want to speak on camera. She says Shannon was separated from her husband and had moved out several months ago to the rental home where she was shot.

An ex-boyfriend and his father found Shannon's body. "We pulled up and she was dead. Her eyes were open and she was laying there with her child in her arms. Who ever did this needs to be brought to justice," said Grady Daughtry.

A woman living across the street watched the toddler while police gathered crime evidence. She says the little boy was covered in blood and that it is unimaginable to think his pretty blues eyes saw his mother die -- and possibly, the person who pulled the trigger. (more at link)

Reminds me of Michelle Young and her daughter, Cassidy. :behindbar

It also reminds me of the Sheila Bellush murder in Florida a few years ago. Her toddler quadruplets were in the house with her for hours before she was found by another daughter coming home from school. Her ex-husband had arranged to have her killed. Whoever did this should be locked up forever. I think it is probably someone she knew.

I remember that one, Annie. He was a sick . I'm glad he finally got his due.

How can anyone do this, let alone with a child around?

It also reminds me of the Sheila Bellush murder in Florida a few years ago. Her toddler quadruplets were in the house with her for hours before she was found by another daughter coming home from school. Her ex-husband had arranged to have her killed. Whoever did this should be locked up forever. I think it is probably someone she knew.

That's it! That's the case I was trying to think of when I first read about this murder . Poor baby, poor mommy.
Hope the murderer is found soon.
Wonder what the exhuband's alibi is?????

This just breaks my heart. Is no one safe anymore.

O.K. I spent some time looking up this poor woman. Not much out there about her, but she lived in many different States, and within them States many different towns. That's all I found. I was just wondering more about her God rest her soul.

I wonder what the history is between her and her ex. Kind of interesting that the boyfriend comes over to the house with his father. Wasn't it Drew Peterson who went over to Kathleen S's house with a friend and had the friend go in first so that the friend would find Kathleen in the tub first?? Hope it isn't long until this killer is caught. That poor little baby laying in the arms of his mom when she was dead. Why do these guys leave babies alone walking in their mother's blood? Guess it is better then killing then though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back