GUILTY CA - Vutha Au, 24, abducted & murdered, Jenner, 2 March 2008

SteveHuff

The Websleuther formerly known as misterallgood
Reaction score
Website
www.truecrimeweblog.com
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/03/02/BA36VCD5O.DTL&tsp=1

Quote:
A homicide victim was found early this morning in a beach parking lot along Highway 1, just south of the small hamlet of Jenner, authorities said.

At 1:15 a.m., state park rangers found the victim, shot to death, in a lot near Blind Beach, a popular spot for hikers, surfers and sunbathers known for its large rock formations.

(...)

In August 2004, an engaged young couple from the Midwest was shot dead from close range as they lay in sleeping bags on an isolated, unmarked beach just north of Jenner's shops and tourist inns.

The engaged couple was, of course, Jason Allen and Lindsay Cutshall. That case is intensely mysterious. It's even brought about suggestions that the Zodiac Killer is still alive.

Steve

That had to be scary to locals at first. It sounds like they have a good lead on the shooter(s). It would be awesome if it was related, but it doesn't sound like the same M.O. to me.

We think we've got some good leads," sheriff's Sgt. Tim Duke said. "It's beyond just a disagreement, and will be pretty involved once the details come out."

From the above article. Sure hope the details are released soon.

I can't find the link right now, but several people were involved. I'm strongly DISinclined to believe that this was connected to the Cutshall/Allen murders, now.

Steve

~snip~

The suspects -- identified as 19-year-old David Prak, 21-year-old Sarith Prak, 22-year-old Preston Kahoone and 24-year-old Quentin Russell -- are being held on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder and murder.

Investigators have not released the name of the victim.

http://www.kcra.com/news/15471681/detail.html

Six men are now facing charges in connection with the fatal shooting of a Santa Rosa man who was in a witness relocation program.

Sonoma County authorities said they've arrested a 26-year-old Suisun City man and a 29-year-old Santa Rosa man in the weekend shooting of Vutha Au.

http://www.kcra.com/news/15524304/detail.html

Park ranger finds possible weapon in witness killing

The weapon believed to have been used to kill a Santa Rosa man who was in a witness-relocation program was found Tuesday, authorities said.

The Glock 9mm semiautomatic handgun is consistent with the weapon used in the March 2 slaying of Vutha Au, 24, said Sonoma County sheriff's Detective Sgt. Tim Duke.

Au was found by a state park ranger about 1:15 a.m. in a parking lot above Blind Beach south of Jenner. He had been shot nine times.

Five suspects are in custody in connection with the slaying, which authorities believe happened because Au testified last fall at a preliminary hearing for alleged gang members charged with kidnapping his younger brother, Terry, in May 2006. All five men have been charged with murder.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/03/12/BADIVIDAH.DTL&feed=rss.bayarea

This new murder is not likely Zodiac, but the 2004 murders of the young couple WERE done by Zodiac. Zodiac is alive and lives in Seattle.

Jenner Beach, CA Homicides -- 2004

Gareth S Penn lived near Jenner Beach then.

Gareth S Penn told me last year in a phone call that his mother would talk to spirits of the dead with a Ouija board.

At Jenner Beach were found several pieces of driftwood with
Devil/Evil faces drawn on them, both victims shot in the head.

In early 2005 Penn moved to Seattle, WA where his son owns a
restaurant.

Summer 2006 two women Cooper/Stodden were murdered in a park near Seattle -- both shot in the head.

Christopher J Farmer of Opord Analytical, an intelligence company, solved the Zodiac ciphers/riddles in 2007. They point to Penn as Zodiac.

Mr. Farmer has also solved a cipher for the CIA and America's
Most Wanted.

Penn fits the profile of Zodiac -- he knows ciphers, binary code, map reading, and was in Army Artillery. He also is interested in the theatre and other things Zodiac wrote of in his letters. Penn is proficient with weapons. Penn lived in locations near all the Zodiac killings, just like Jenner Beach.

On the Zodiac's Halloween Card there was a symbol used by
Zodiac which is also used by Army Artillery, as I said, Penn was in Army Artillery.

Zodiac wrote: If you figure out these ciphers you will know who I am and you will have me.

From July 2012:

http://da.sonoma-county.org/content.aspx?sid=1023&id=2591

District Attorney Jill Ravitch announced today that Preston Khaoone (26 years old), Quentin Russell (29 years old), David Prak (23 years old) and Sarith Prak (26 years old), all of Santa Rosa, were sentenced to life in state prison without the possibility of parole, plus an additional 25 years to life for their roles in the kidnapping and murder of Vutha Au on March 2, 2008, at Blind Beach, near Jenner. This sentencing occurred after a four-month-long jury trial that concluded with guilty verdicts by two separate juries for all four defendants on June 28, 2012...

In April 2011, Tyrone Tay and Boonlack Chanpheng were convicted of kidnapping with gang allegations and are currently serving 18 and 15 year prison sentences.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back