FL - More Criminals Getting Rid Of Fingerprints

sherri79

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.news4jax.com/news/15482993/detail.html
The man told police that his name was Edgardo Tirado, but his hands made police suspicious.

"His story was that somebody cut him with a knife and he was putting his hands up in defense, and the individual happened to be precise enough to cut the tip of every finger where the fingerprints are," Romero said.

A Lawrence detective recognized the man as Gerald Perez. Police said he likely was trying to conceal his criminal record and avoid possible deportation.
============
the picture at the link is so ewwwww!

Full handprints and footprints for criminal records/investigations then? Sounds like a good idea to me! Doubt many would brave the pain of cutting off the skin from their whole hand, and the bottom of their feet to disguise themselves.

Jesus...I wonder if he is wanted in his own country? Just because I can't see why anyone would want to be anyplace if it required cutting your fingertips off.

I can't look at the link.:(

Full handprints and footprints for criminal records/investigations then? Sounds like a good idea to me! Doubt many would brave the pain of cutting off the skin from their whole hand, and the bottom of their feet to disguise themselves.

How about a national DNA database? If we can fingerprint everyone who is ever arrested for anything, then why can't we take their DNA instead? How is this any more intrusive than fingerprints?

There's a forum someplace-not sure if it's still there--absolutely fascinating. It's a retired detective who will answer questions for fiction writers, who want to make their crime details accurate. One question was about fingerprints. He was listing types of workers (I think metalworkers was one) whose fingerprints would be worn off due to their work.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back