GUILTY AL - Lauren Burk, 18, Auburn student, abducted & murdered, 4 March 2008

STEADFAST

Reaction score
Auburn police responding to a report of an injured female on Alabama Hwy. 147 a few miles north of town found Lauren A. Burk, 18, of Marietta, suffering from a single gunshot wound. She later died at East Alabama Medical Center.

About 20 minutes later, Burk's 2001 Honda Civic was found on fire at the Hinton Field parking lot near a dormitory on campus.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/cobb/stories/2008/03/05/auburn_0306_web1.html

My stepson is a student at Auburn. So, my ears perked up when I heard about this tragedy on the news. I wonder if it is a boyfriend who shot her. From what I understand, she was found with a single gunshot wound a few miles from campus; and her car was found burning on campus. Is that correct?

Do you think it was a robbery gone bad? Wasn't there a girl shot and killed at another Alabama university in the fall? Kayla I think was her name, but they caught the people who did it.

Do you think it was a robbery gone bad? Wasn't there a girl shot and killed at another Alabama university in the fall? Kayla I think was her name, but they caught the people who did it.
There was a girl killed near UAB. She had pulled over to use her cell phone. Did they catch the murderer?

The victim, identified by Auburn police as 18-year-old Lauren A. Burk of Marietta, Ga., was shot to death. She was a freshman pledge with the school's Delta Gamma sorority, sources told FOX News.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335211,00.html

I am waiting for more news on this. She seems such an unlikely candidate for this crime so I am wondering if it was random except for her car burning up away from her body. Possibly it was a car jacking and the perp knew there was evidence in the car. Dumped her and returned the vehicle to the parking lot where she was abducted and then burned it.

My stepson is a student at Auburn. So, my ears perked up when I heard about this tragedy on the news. I wonder if it is a boyfriend who shot her. From what I understand, she was found with a single gunshot wound a few miles from campus; and her car was found burning on campus. Is that correct?

Yes, correct. This young girl was from Marietta, where I live. Very sad. I wonder about the boyfriend too.

I LIVE in Auburn...I am 6 miles from campus. I just got home from work...I work at the hospital where Lauren died and I didn't even hear about this until now. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Local paper website: http://www.oanow.com/

ETA: Lauren looked a lot like Kayla...the girl who was shot and killed at UAB.

Just saw this on the news...she graduated from the same school as I did...Walton Co., GA. Such a small town!!! Shocking news!!!!

ok, plz let me backtrack....this was on the local news so I automatically thought it meant my hometown even though it never said WALTON COUNTY...Yet I thought it did....
sorry for my mistake....I was wrong....never-the-less I'm not all that far from Marietta...and actually lived there as a child.
Still, no matter what, his IS shocking!!!!!

I LIVE in Auburn...I am 6 miles from campus. I just got home from work...I work at the hospital where Lauren died and I didn't even hear about this until now. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Local paper website: http://www.oanow.com/

ETA: Lauren looked a lot like Kayla...the girl who was shot and killed at UAB.
This girl reminds of Jamie Lynn Siegler who played Meadow on the Sopranos.

The more I thought about my initial robbery theory, I now think the perp must have known Lauren, or at least known that she went to Auburn to have left her car burning in the parking lot...

Also...HOW was she found? Lying beside the road (North College Street, the main drag through town)??? Nothing is gving specifics, just that police were called to a gravely injured female on North College Street...:confused:

Nancy Grace covered this tonight, 7pm CST.

A driver called in the 911, saying he had seen a girl in the road and appeared hurt. She was alive, but died later. The car has been towed to a lab in Montgomery. There is no increased campus security. The time between the first 911 call and the second, about the car, was around twenty minutes. No suspect according to the police, but there is speculation. Police have spoken to some people. She was shot once, but not saying where or if she talked.

With no increased campus security, that makes me think that they have some ideas as to who did this and that it was personal. Like an ex-boyfriend.

What a beautiful girl!

This wasn't a random crime. Just too personal.
Burning the car to destroy the evidence.

I bet LE has a good idea of who her murderer is, as it has been reported that LE isn't saying much.

Hope they catch the monster soon!

My prayers are for her family tonight.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member