NC - Eve Carson, 22, UNC student, shot to death, Chapel Hill, 5 March 2008 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helper

Reaction score
A woman was found dead in Chapel Hill, NC today, March 5. She was shot multiple times in the head. Police are seeking help from the public to identify her.
The victim was white, age 18-25, 5'5" tall, 120 lb. She had blonde hair. She was wearing a navy blue shirt with a red circle and white symbol in the center, and gray sweatpants. Her shoes were Converse Starbury tennis shoes, which apparently are fairly uncommon in that area. She also had on a gold necklace with a locket.
It appears that she was shot around 5 a.m. this morning.
Anyone with information about the identity of this woman should call the Chapel Hill Police at 919-968-2760.

Is there a link to a news story about this? :confused: :(

~snip~

She is described as a White female with blonde hair, between 5'5" and 5'6" and weighing 120 pounds. She was wearing a navy blue short sleeve shirt with a red circle and a white symbol in the center, a gold color necklace with a locket, gray sweat pants and blue, gray and white converse tennis shoes that are described as "Starbury" in type.

http://www.nbc17.com/midatlantic/ncn/news.apx.-content-articles-NCN-2008-03-05-0002.html

Lester Day, age 76, found the body. She had been shot twice and her upper torso burned. Police believe she was killed in a different location and her body was dumped where Mr. Day found it. She appeared to have been dead for several hours.
www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080306/NEWS/803060364/1001/news

I wonder if they should be checking missing persons on a route from Auburn, Al. to North Carolina. Being shot and then an attempt at burning sounds similar to Lauren Burk who was shot Tuesday night and her vehicle torched 30 minutes later in Auburn.

oops. The above post from me concerns the woman found in Jackson, MS, not the North Carolina woman.

She has been ID'd they are re-cycling their news article links, but here is the updated story just in case.

nbc17 said:
Police announced Thursday that the woman found shot to death on the campus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill was the student body president.

The victim has been identified as Eve Carson, 22, who was a senior at UNC and the student body president.

According to Chapel Hill Police, they responded to a report of gunshots in the area of Davie Circle at around 5 a.m. Feb. 5 and found Carson's body lying in the intersection of Hillcrest Dr. and Hillcrest Circle.

Police issued a "Be On the Lookout" alert for her blue 2005 Toyota Highlander.

There is a press conference now. Do they think they are related???

I just read this too! What the hell is going on lately?

If you're in the area - Keep your eyes open for her vehicle!

Snip

http://www.charlotte.com/109/story/524621.html

nvestigators are looking for Carson's stolen 2005 blue Toyota Highlander with Georgia license plate AIV 6690. They believe the vehicle was taken during the crime.

Similar too - Notice she was left "roadside"?

I have to say this is pretty shocking for two Georgia women attending out of state universities to be shot and killed within 24 hours of each other. Eve's car is still missing. I wonder if it will be torched the same as Lauren's when it is found.

How close in location are the universities to eachother? IE could someone travel that far in the time span between the two murders?

OR is this another "copy cat" type crime.

World is starting to get way too scary.

I wonder what she would have been doing out before dawn? It doesn't seem that she had any boyfriend problems or ex problems. I wonder if the shooting was random and for her vehicle.

How close in location are the universities to eachother? IE could someone travel that far in the time span between the two murders?

The colleges are about 7 hours apart, but Lauren grew up in Marietta, GA, and Eve grew up in Athens - that's about an hour apart.

I wonder what she would have been doing out before dawn? I believe it was Greta who covered this murder the other night. It doesn't seem that she had any boyfriend problems or ex problems. I wonder if the shooting was random and for her vehicle.
It sounds like a car-jacking maybe. Is there a lot of that type of crime in Chapel Hill? A lot of gang activity?

I checked mapquest and it is 489 miles, 7 hours, 47 minutes drive time. It is all interstate so driving would be faster than the mapquest estimate.So, yes it could be done. But, it is cutting it pretty close for the second victim as I believe she was found early in the morning on Wednesday.

Wow, this young lady would have no doubt gone on to be a great leader. Such a tragedy!

Eve Marie Carson: Biography

Eve Marie Carson, 22, was elected student body president at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in February 2007. Her term would have ended in April.
A native of Athens, Ga., Eve was born Nov. 19, 1985. She came to Carolina in the fall of 2004 as the recipient of a prestigious Morehead Scholarship. A member of the Phi Beta Kappa honor society, she was a pre-medicine student majoring in both political science and biology. As a North Carolina Fellow, she was part of a four-year leadership development program for undergraduates.
While at UNC-Chapel Hill, she was extremely active in both leadership and service roles. As student body president, she was also a member of the UNC-Chapel Hill Board of Trustees. She served as co-president of the Honors Program Student Executive Board and as a member of the Committee on Scholarships, Awards and Student Aide; the Academic Advising Program; and the Chancellor’s committee for University Teaching Awards.
Teaching and working with children were key service interests for Eve. In 2006, she taught science at Frank Porter Graham Elementary School in Chapel Hill as part of UNC’s INSPIRE program, whose mission is to encourage young students to pursue science as an interest. In her junior year, Carson was a tutor at Githens Middle School in Durham. She was also an assistant coach in the Girls on the Run of the Triangle, a character development program for girls ages 8-12 that uses running to teach values and a sense of self.
Eve's service extended well beyond the Triangle, however. In the spring of her sophomore year, she participated in a study abroad in Havana, Cuba, and she spent her summers working and volunteering in Ecuador, Egypt and Ghana as part of the Morehead Summer Enrichment program. "I credit my prior experiences, especially my past two Morehead summers, for preparing me to get along with pretty much whatever comes my way," she wrote in an e-mail posted on the Morehead Web site. On campus, she became involved in Nourish International, an organization started by UNC students in 2002 for hunger relief. Eve served as freshman volunteer coordinator (2004) and co-chair (2005) for the group.
The daughter of Bob Carson and Teresa Bethke, Eve was also the student body president of her high school, Clarke Central, in Athens, Ga. When she ran for the same office at Carolina, she was elected with 55 percent of the vote in a runoff with a bigger turnout than the previous year's general election.

http://universityrelations.unc.edu/alert/carson/

http://www.macon.com/220/story/287382.html

Another GA girl, shot and killed near campus. What is going on???

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. --Police say the student body president at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill was shot and killed in a residential neighborhood near the college town.

Police said Thursday that 22-year-old Eve Marie Carson was found dead in a street Wednesday. Neighbors reported hearing shots about 5 a.m. Details weren't immediately available.

Carson is a senior at the university from Athens, Ga.

Police spokesman Lt. Kevin Gunter said police were looking for Carson's vehicle, a blue 2005 Toyota Highlander with Georgia plate AIV-6690.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member