Man who lost arm to gator tempts one again

grace60

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone remembers this story, I sure do. He was found with drugs the first time.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/state/orl-bk-gator030708,0,1276294.story
Pictures at the link.
Amy L. Edwards |Sentinel Staff Writer11:42 AM EST, March 7, 2008

http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/trb.orlandosentinel/news/local/state;ptype=s;slug=orl-bk-gator030708;rg=ur;ref=orlandosentinelcom;=1;sz=88x31;tile=2;ord=5206902?

Adrian Apgar apparently didn't learn the first time what can happen when you wade naked in a Central Florida lake in the middle of the night.

Apgar, who made national news in November 2006 when Polk County deputies rescued him from the jaws of an alligator while he was naked and on drugs, has had another run-in with the law while he was apparently looking for a gator.

At about 12 a.m. today, Polk deputies found Apgar naked, standing in a pond at Saddle Creek Park off U.S. Highway 92 near Lakeland, walking toward an alligator about 50 feet off shore, the Sheriff's Office just reported.

Deputies saw Apgar and were able to safely talk him out of the water.

Apgar told deputies he had been bitten by a snake while looking for an alligator.

Apgar, who lost an arm in the 2006 alligator attack at Lake Parker in Lakeland, was Baker Acted and taken to Lakeland Regional Medical Center, where he remains.

"I feel sorry for him because obviously he's got mental issues," said Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd. "This guy lost his arm, was in the hospital for months…and now he's back in Saddle Creek."

Judd said credit goes to his deputies, who spotted an unoccupied pickup truck parked near one of the ponds and ran the tags. After realizing who owned the truck and his history with the Sheriff's Office, deputies began searching for Apgar.

Judd said Apgar could have easily drowned or been attacked by an alligator again.

"He's not just a menace to society, he's a menace to himself," Judd said. "He's past being comical, he has real issues."

Judd said Apgar will face criminal charges, including trespassing.

Poor Adrain seems to have a death wish..although death by alligator certainly wouldnt be my first choice.

He's mentally ill and should have had help some time ago.

does he seriously have overalls on?

Did I mention I am 30 minutes from Lakeland? I should drive over there and smack him in the back of the head.

Lakeland is where all the rednecks go to mud. This guy looks like he fit right in. Handlebar mustache and all..

YIP YAW! Everybody!!! ;)

does he seriously have overalls on?

Did I mention I am 30 minutes from Lakeland? I should drive over there and smack him in the back of the head.

If you decide to do that could you take someone along to record it and put it on youtube for us? LOL

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back