anthrobones

Reaction score
Marian Elizabeth Brown
Missing since 1970 Sussex County, Delaware
Classification: Endagered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 46 years old
Circumstances of Disappearance
Marian Brown was last seen. She lived in a home near Greenwood with her husband and two children. She was last seen cooking for her children. A suspect in the case died in 1988, he had previously confessed to her homicide. Her body has not been located.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2136dfde.html

Charley Project

Details of Disappearance
Brown was last seen cooking dinner for her two children at her home near Greenwood in Sussex County, Delaware on October 11, 1970. She was carrying a brown pocketbook containing her identification at the time of his disappearance. She has never been heard from again.

Brown's marriage was troubled and she and her husband had previously separated, but were living together again by the time of her disappearance. There were reports that she left of her own accord and went to Puerto Rico. Investigators have a suspect in her case, a man who died in 1988. The suspect confessed Brown's murder to several individuals, but he never revealed the location of her remains and it's unclear whether he was in fact responsible. Her case remains unsolved and foul play is suspected.

"Last seen cooking dinner for her two children" is such a weird statement. I wonder who reported this and what they said happened after she finished. Her NamUs file says that it was at 5 pm when she was last seen. The Puerto Rico theory may have been said to explain her disappearance as voluntary; to cover the perpetrator's actions. I think LE believes that she is a homicide victim but they are waiting to find her body before releasing the suspect's name.

http://cpg.stparchive.com/Archive/CPG/CPG03022001p16.php

The Doe Network has her date last seen as September 2, 1971 but that's when the disappearance was reported. Or, possibly more accurately, that's when a report was accepted.

I drive through Greenwood, Delaware when I go to the beach, it's right on route 16. I don't know how it looked in 1970 but it's a very small town, takes only a few minutes to drive through and is surrounded by more highways and fields. She could have been buried in so many different places but hopefully someone will come forward and reveal the spot where she is.

I wonder if any relatives are still looking for her

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

It's too bad this is the only picture of Marian:

Circa. 1970, best and only picture known of MP.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6971/

Can anyone find a yearbook photo that would be clearer?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back