Was Patsy prejudice against blacks?

Shanny

Reaction score
Not to start an up roar on this board but I was re-reading through JonBenet: The police files and I am wondering was Patsy prejudice against black people?
Here is what I mean:

TT: "Okay. Patsy....are there any other concerns in the neighborhood up there like door to door saleman ? Any of your neighbors talked about prowlers, anything like that over the last 6 months?"

PR: "Yeah. Sometimes children...you know..like um....black children. I mean they don't look like they are from my neighborhood or nothing or look you know...like they are from Denver and they have candy bars."

What did that have to do with anything? Is she saying that the only people who looked suspicious were black people? Did Patsy ever have any friends that were black? Or did JonBenet? I am just wondering.....

I think Patsy was prejudice against anyone of color or less money than herself. She was a snob, IMO.

Not to start an up roar on this board but I was re-reading through JonBenet: The police files and I am wondering was Patsy prejudice against black people?
Here is what I mean:

TT: "Okay. Patsy....are there any other concerns in the neighborhood up there like door to door saleman ? Any of your neighbors talked about prowlers, anything like that over the last 6 months?"

PR: "Yeah. Sometimes children...you know..like um....black children. I mean they don't look like they are from my neighborhood or nothing or look you know...like they are from Denver and they have candy bars."

What did that have to do with anything? Is she saying that the only people who looked suspicious were black people? Did Patsy ever have any friends that were black? Or did JonBenet? I am just wondering.....

Shanny,
mmm, not gentlemen of color then? I reckon she is tossing out bogus clues, and showing a distinct lack of southern common sense, or maybe its historic racism. If this case had been recent I'll bet she might have suggested Barack Obama had been in town, but what gives her away is that phrase: they have candy bars.

Thats her twist on Greeks bearing gifts, except here they are boys of color. Just demonstrates how she assumes everyone will share her racist rhetoric.

..reminds me of Susan Smith and the 'generic black man' she made up,who supposedly took her kids.it sounds as if Patsy was pointing in the same direction,given no other suspects panned out? (or perhaps she was just trying to throw in everything she could).
..that makes me wonder if she tried to put down Trujillo too; he was there when ST was interviewing her.as it was,she put down Thomas,saying he was so young he looked like a boy scout,although he wasn't much younger than she was.if she didn't go for Trujillo too,I'd be surprised.(he was portrayed w. a Mexican accent in PMPT,I'm assuming that was accurate).

..exactly how does she think kids from Denver would look different than kids from Boulder? 'her' neighborhood at that.

In Denver I've had kids of every color/race show up selling the candy bars and magazines and who knows what all. They all look scummy, unkempt, like they haven't bathed for two weeks or had a haircut for a few months - they don't look like they're from any neighborhood, they just look out of place and uncared for. I tend to feel badly for them - just who is forcing them out to sell things? But their 'poor' appearance I always presume to be a sales tactic.

Those same kind of kids sell candy bars in my state, too. They are dropped off alone in neighborhoods and left for hours- with no way of getting food or using a restroom. My town doesn't allow it for that reason. It's abusive to those kids.

PR was a snob, not based on race per se, but she looked down on anyone she felt was not of her socioeconomic group.
THAT attitude came straight from Nedra. She was the major snob in that family. She looked down on the whole city of Boulder and the state of Colorado. She called Boulder "that hole". However "tainted" Boulder may be by this case and the behavior of their DA's office- Boulder is a beautiful town. It is no "hole".

Here is what I mean:

Apparently, but what is the point?

:)
Those same kind of kids sell candy bars in my state, too. They are dropped off alone in neighborhoods and left for hours- with no way of getting food or using a restroom. My town doesn't allow it for that reason. It's abusive to those kids.

PR was a snob, not based on race per se, but she looked down on anyone she felt was not of her socioeconomic group.
THAT attitude came straight from Nedra. She was the major snob in that family. She looked down on the whole city of Boulder and the state of Colorado. She called Boulder "that hole". However "tainted" Boulder may be by this case and the behavior of their DA's office- Boulder is a beautiful town. It is no "hole".

:) Thankyou

'Welcome.
It's a shame that a place of such breathtaking beauty will be forever tainted by this crime and the people who allowed it to go unprosecuted.

Yes it is a shame. We are not the Hole that Nedra and Patsy would have led people to believe.

It is definitely a pretty town,you can see that in the PMPT movie.
I suspect Nedra may not have wanted to live w. her husb. anymore,and she didn't,in a sense..perhaps that was just part of her excuse? Because practically her whole family was there; her husb.,daughter and grandkids,one of them the pageant princess/future Ms America -in- training..what is to keep her away?

It is definitely a pretty town,you can see that in the PMPT movie.
I suspect Nedra may not have wanted to live w. her husb. anymore,and she didn't,in a sense..perhaps that was just part of her excuse? Because practically her whole family was there; her husb.,daughter and grandkids,one of them the pageant princess/future Ms America -in- training..what is to keep her away?

You may be way more right than you know. I also think she was not overly fond of John either... but as long as he kept making it shed keep spending it.

You may be way more right than you know. I also think she was not overly fond of John either... but as long as he kept making it shed keep spending it.

..not living with him and the fact he left on stand-by Christmas Eve (perhaps JR wanted him out of town? I read they weren't on speaking terms then)...you'd think they would've already had solid plans in place if they'd really wanted to be together on Christmas,not just last minute stand-by.

..not living with him and the fact he left on stand-by Christmas Eve (perhaps JR wanted him out of town? I read they weren't on speaking terms then)...you'd think they would've already had solid plans in place if they'd really wanted to be together on Christmas,not just last minute stand-by.

I have always wondered about dear Grandpa Paugh. That is because so much was noted about how JonBenet was just a little molested. I had heard rumors that Patsy and her sister had been sexually abused as girls. So I wondered amd I am not stateing as fact that they were molested as girls, just that I had heard that rumoured.... but overall I still think though that Patsy lost it and Grandpa Paugh left to go home since everyone was meeting in Charlevoix . Why he left on standby remains one of those:waitasec: events as i can tell you that getting a plane on standby around Christmas out of Denver is equal to the parting of the Red Sea!

Who knows what happened concerning the stand by? It could have been anything. Maybe he waited too long to make a reservation or something. It does sound like he didn't really care much if he got home to Atlanta and Nedra for Christmas or not. Didn't he have an apartment in Boulder?

I have been fortunate to go to Boulder and look at the house and take pictures. Boulder is a beautiful little town and if it were not for the screwey DA and the way the Justice system works there I would love to live there.

ohh, new news!! Well to me at least! Where did you read that? I don't expect you to look it up or anything just where in general did you come acrooss this interesting tidbit?

it was on a web page recently that I came across about the case.I'll see if I can find it again,no problem.

Who knows what happened concerning the stand by? It could have been anything. Maybe he waited too long to make a reservation or something. It does sound like he didn't really care much if he got home to Atlanta and Nedra for Christmas or not. Didn't he have an apartment in Boulder?
yes,Nedra didn't live in it w. him.

I have been fortunate to go to Boulder and look at the house and take pictures. Boulder is a beautiful little town and if it were not for the screwey DA and the way the Justice system works there I would love to live there.
me too,although I haven't been there,it just looks so pretty from what I've seen.

yes,Nedra didn't live in it w. him.

me too,although I haven't been there,it just looks so pretty from what I've seen.

You wont here me disagreeing here. It is a beautiful town even if the politics of Boulder could be better

I have always wondered about dear Grandpa Paugh. That is because so much was noted about how JonBenet was just a little molested. I had heard rumors that Patsy and her sister had been sexually abused as girls. So I wondered amd I am not stateing as fact that they were molested as girls, just that I had heard that rumoured....
I'm very suspect of him for possibly trying to molest JB at the party on the 23rd.I can't see JR trying to do that in his own house w/ everyone there...if someone tried to molest her that night,IMO,it would more than likely be someone who was invited to the party, but didn't live there.
I'm not so sure it was JB who dialed 911 though...to me it sounds as if someone walked in on the molester and was told to stop,or else...and actually dialing 911 showed them he/she meant it.
SS had to have been at least partially aware that something was amiss that night,by not opening the door to LE,and by being the one to respond to them in the first place.I suspect she did it as a favor to Patsy.

but overall I still think though that Patsy lost it and Grandpa Paugh left to go home since everyone was meeting in Charlevoix . Why he left on standby remains one of those:waitasec: events as i can tell you that getting a plane on standby around Christmas out of Denver is equal to the parting of the Red Sea!
..I wonder if he was anxious to get out of town then..perhaps there were threats to turn him in??? It sure is suspect to me that he and Nedra didn't come to Boulder to be with Patsy after hearing of JB's death.And DP sure has always been eerily quiet.No appeals or pleas to the public to find the killer,etc.I've never even read anything of him being interviewed,either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.
Back