Georgia House bans genital piercings for women

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Genital piercings for women were banned by the Georgia House Wednesday as lawmakers considered a bill outlining punishments for female genital mutilation.

The bill would make such mutilation punishable by two to 20 years in prison. It makes no exception for people who give consent to have the procedure performed on their daughters out of religious or cultural custom.

An amendment adopted without objection added "piercing" to the list of things that may not be done to female genitals. Even adult women would not be allowed to get the procedure. The bill eventually passed 160-0, with no debate.

Amendment sponsor Rep. Bill Heath, R-Bremen, was slack-jawed when told after the vote that some adults seek the piercings.

"What? I've never seen such a thing," Heath said. "I, uh, I wouldn't approve of anyone doing it. I don't think that's an appropriate thing to be doing."

The ban applies only to women, not men.

http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/ap_newfullstory.asp?ID=34411

I am glad that someone is concerned about what is best for my genitals because my husband just ignores them.

:crazy:

Bahahaha.. seamless :)

Maybe a big fancy chandelier earring down there would change his mind LOL

Why the heck is the legistlature of any area passing laws like this? I don't think we should allow laws to be passed that only relate to one sex. This is totally unconstitutional and these legistlative folks are idiots.

Elle

Elle Kaye said:
Why the heck is the legistlature of any area passing laws like this? I don't think we should allow laws to be passed that only relate to one sex. This is totally unconstitutional and these legistlative folks are idiots.

Elle

I agree Elle. It is wrong to legislate something like this only for women. It is a patriachial government and has historically not done much to benefit women.

But I must say the genital mutilation that happens to some girls in the name of religion really concerns me. I am not completly familiar with the sects that do this but it the thought of this happening before they are able to make this choice themselves makes me sad. I will also add that I would not sign the papers for my sons to be circumsized my husband did.

Oh Seamless I TOTALLY agree with you! The mutilation is horribly wrong.

I don't see this as the equivalent to that though. I don't think many mothers are having their daughter's genitals pierced. And if an adult woman wants to do this, she should be able to.

Elle

Elle Kaye said:
Oh Seamless I TOTALLY agree with you! The mutilation is horribly wrong.

I don't see this as the equivalent to that though. I don't think many mothers are having their daughter's genitals pierced. And if an adult woman wants to do this, she should be able to.

Elle

Yes!

Casshew do you by chance know where I could find one of those chandeliers? I guess we could not really call them earrings....maybe we should call them????? Oh I don't know lets use an abreviation and let others use their imaginations...how about p-rings?! Yeah! Where can I get one of those chandelier p-rings? :dance:

In all seriousness Elle I agree with you too!

Mutilation is very different than a piercing.... one is wrong and the other is choice.
The good ole boys of the south are at it again.... if they keep this up women won't have the right to vote either... their own mothers should take them to the woodshed for this one.

becca btw I live in the South

I just do not understand how, in this day and age, any legislator can vote for something that only pertains to women. What are they thinking? I just don't understand this form of "logic."

Elle,
These men don't think logically. In their minds they are saving women. They have no concept of what they are really doing. If I want to live in Georgia and get a piercing its none of their business. Thankfully I don't live there, and any thoughts of doing so are long gone.

becca

Hi Becca!

I guess that is what frustrates me so much. These men are passing laws that they don't even understand. I don't want people I elect to do busy work. I want them to do something that benefits me.

Elle

Elle are you saying that you don't want a piercing? LOL....
these good ole boys have no clue.They think they are making laws that matter. This doesn't really help most women in Georgia. It makes no sense to me what they are really trying to prove.

becca

Sometimes I'm really embarrassed to admit I live in Georgia, and now is one of those times!

Gretchen,
We won't hold it against you.... just do all you can to make sure those men never get re elected.

becca

seamless said:
Yes!

Casshew do you by chance know where I could find one of those chandeliers? I guess we could not really call them earrings....maybe we should call them????? Oh I don't know lets use an abreviation and let others use their imaginations...how about p-rings?! Yeah! Where can I get one of those chandelier p-rings? :dance:

In all seriousness Elle I agree with you too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4100053916&category=514

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4101887850&category=50644

Buy a pair and give one to a friend!

Ohh poco they are loverly :)

I wouldn't give one to a friend though... I would just think of it as buy one get one free.

I think you would have to stop wearing lace undies and go with a smoother fabric

Casshew said:
Ohh poco they are loverly :)

I wouldn't give one to a friend though... I would just think of it as buy one get one free.

I think you would have to stop wearing lace undies and go with a smoother fabric

Crotchless panties would probably work. However, I might suggest that IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT DOING THIS, try the clip ons first before you get a permanent piercing......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back