Five Severed Fingers Identified as Belonging To Guards Held in Iraq

Dark Knight

Reaction score
U.S. authorities are in possession of five severed fingers, four of which belong to private security contractors who were abducted in Iraq nearly 16 months ago and remain missing, according to law enforcement sources close to the investigation.

The fingers were delivered last month to U.S. authorities in Iraq but were not accompanied by a ransom demand or other information, according to sources. Fingerprint and DNA analysis determined that they were removed from four of five guards taken hostage during an ambush near the Kuwaiti border on Nov. 16, 2006.

Much more at link:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/12/AR2008031203793.html?nav=rss_world

U.S. authorities are in possession of five severed fingers, four of which belong to private security contractors who were abducted in Iraq nearly 16 months ago and remain missing, according to law enforcement sources close to the investigation.

The fingers were delivered last month to U.S. authorities in Iraq but were not accompanied by a ransom demand or other information, according to sources. Fingerprint and DNA analysis determined that they were removed from four of five guards taken hostage during an ambush near the Kuwaiti border on Nov. 16, 2006.

Much more at link:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/12/AR2008031203793.html?nav=rss_world

How sad,mo

thats heartbreaking to hear that, it disturbs me,mo

Wow, that's so much better than waterboarding. <sarcasm>

Prayers for the men and their families.

At least they didn't have to go through simulated drowning

That's so sad. I'm sure they were tortured then killed. For what? What did the terrorist gain? :furious:

I haven't seen any time frames as to how long they have been dead-I am fascinated by the press around the numbers of military dead from the US armed forces being represented as 4000, when I have seen the contractor numbers listed in excess of 15000. I deeply admire our people who are fighting in this conflict, regardless if they are part of a private contract army or they came through the front door via marines, navy, air force, army or national guard.

It is a horrible story...I could rant endlessly about the conflict itself and my feelings about it, but in the end my heart still aches for all of the casualties of this war.

Peace and comfort to their families...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vconners
Back