Match! TX - Dallas, WhtMale UP2192, 30-50, tattoos, Feb'08 *Troy Kozkowski*

kaelee2

Reaction score
The Dallas Police Department released a sketch Thursday of a male with the hope that someone might be able to help identify a body that was found on the side of the road.

The body was discovered on February 29 on the shoulder of a road near a field in the 8200 block of May Forge Drive in southwest Dallas.

more at link

kaelee

6'8" That is way tall. I wonder if that should have been 68". If he indeed was 6'8" then that should narrow the search if he was ever reported missing.

6'8" That is way tall. I wonder if that should have been 68". If he indeed was 6'8" then that should narrow the search if he was ever reported missing.

I think a 6'8" dude at 186 would have appeared skeletal-the build is right if he is 68" and 186, IMO.

0313idman.jpg
0312idman.jpg

The links are dead but apparently it is spelled Mayforge Drive.

http://www.i45dallas.com/interstate_45_dallas_blog/0308.html
> Oak Cliff police need help identifying dead man found near i-45 ... March 13/08
Dallas police are seeking the public's help in identifying a man found dead last month near Interstate 45 in southeast Oak Cliff. The man had no visible trauma to his body when he was found Feb. 29 along a shoulder in the 8200 block of Mayforge Drive, police said. He is described as white, between 30 and 40 years old, 5 feet 8 inches tall and about 185 pounds.

His Namus information:
https://identifyus.org/cases/2192

Estimated age Adult
Minimum age 30 years
Maximum age 50 years
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Weight (pounds) 136, Measured
Height (inches) 68, Measured

Deceased was found on the side of the road in a wooded area.
Address 1 3500 Mayforge Drive

The numbers differ from what's given above but close enough I'm sure.

3500 Mayforge Drive, Dallas, TX, United States to 8200 Mayforge Dr, Dallas, TX 75216 - Google Maps

I called up the Dallas County Med Ex office. The guy who answered the phone didn't have the slightest clue what I was talking about. After spending 5 minutes explaining what NamUs was, and "no-I do not know the guy", and trying to explain the difference between a missing person and an unidentified person, and why this was an obvious match, he told me to call the Arlington PD. :banghead:

Seriously, why do they let these guys answer the phone if they don't have the slightest clue of such basic stuff? :banghead:

I sent an e-mail to Todd Matthews and Steven Kurtz (the UID's NamUs Case Manager).

Good catch Carl! I wonder why NamUs didn't pick up this very obvious match.

"No, I don't know the guy". Did he think you were talking about a person named NamUs? :floorlaugh: I know the deceased and missing are not funny, so forgive me, but your post reminded me of a gal who asked, "who's Arson?" back in HS. Who's NamUs? lol...

I'm sure this is a match. I hope you get a reply soon.

Good catch Carl! I wonder why NamUs didn't pick up this very obvious match.

Probably given the height difference, it didn't come up on the NamUs generated list.

I'd say you got it Carl. the Chinese character is the same. the other tats are basically consistent, the face looks the same and they both have hazel eyes. he was found dead just 9 days after last contact with family.

only negatives are the UID had a hernia scar on his groin (not mentioned with Troy) and both the height and weight are off considerably. we are talking 3" and 54 lbs.

assuming the UID is Troy we really have to 1. rethink some of the search parameters for the less obvious cases and 2. work hard to convince someone to look at it where the height and weight are off by so much.

I'd say you got it Carl. the Chinese character is the same. the other tats are basically consistent, the face looks the same and they both have hazel eyes. he was found dead just 9 days after last contact with family.

only negatives are the UID had a hernia scar on his groin (not mentioned with Troy) and both the height and weight are off considerably. we are talking 3" and 54 lbs.

assuming the UID is Troy we really have to 1. rethink some of the search parameters for the less obvious cases and 2. work hard to convince someone to look at it where the height and weight are off by so much.

I usutally leave out the height parameters on the screen, and then consider the height difference after the list has been generated and I've looked at other factors.

if the UID is stated with a specific height, I usually go + or - 2 inches. so Troy would have missed my search criteria.

interestingly, the Troy has a tatt described as a "red Cuda car with flames coming out back and a person screaming out the driver's window" on his right thigh while the UID has "Skeleton driving red car R thigh". I mean they have to be the same but to even try to match them is not easy.

The heights are off, but this is OBVIOUSLY a match.

Troy Kozkowski

2237987590045078242_zps22cd72f3.jpg
2374145550045078242S600x600Q851_zpseac6eae0.jpg

<modsnip>

The tattoo descriptions match up perfectly, although they got left and right mixed up on the leg on which he has the American Flag tattoo.

If there was any doubt before, here is the tattoo and necklace Comparison:

UID _______________________________________Troy Kozkowski
0794_08_Tattoo_zps71eb47a9.jpg

0794_08_Tattoo_zps50336dda.jpg
2404254630045078242_zps35eb17c2.jpg

this one should be easy to resolve. Troy has dentals and fingerprints on file somewhere and they got both for the UID.

Hats off and a bow to you, Carl, for a job well done!! Another lost soul now has now been identified because of you. You rock!

I just got a call from Lt. Tony Cuevas to thank me for the tip. He says that right after getting my voicemail, he received a call from Steven Kurtz (to whom I sent an e-mail last night). He is forwarding the dental records to Dallas, and hopefully they should get a positive ID promptly. Troy didn't have an arrest record, so they had no fingerprints to compare.

He had put all of the info in NCIC, but did not get a hit. He said that he didn't know about NamUs, but was very complementary of how the system is put together. I suggested that if he had any other MP's, he should list them in NamUs.

He said that the decedent died of a heroin overdose. He also mentioned that Troy's mother reported him missing after he moved to Dallas from Michigan. He apparently was an intelligent responsible person before going to Dallas, but he got involved with drugs and his life spiraled out of control.

interesting. Troy's Namus page said fingerprints were available. does not mean an arrest though. might have been done for professional clearance for a job.

in any event, I'm pretty sure this is a match if for no other reasons the Chinese character tat, the general similarity of appearance and the time frame.

Great Match, awesome job Carl! Hopefully his family can find some closure if this does turn out to be him, which I'm thinking is the case.

interesting. Troy's Namus page said fingerprints were available. does not mean an arrest though. might have been done for professional clearance for a job.

in any event, I'm pretty sure this is a match if for no other reasons the Chinese character tat, the general similarity of appearance and the time frame.

Not just the Chinese character tatt, but the other tatts as well.

From Troy's NamUs MP page:

Left calf -a American flag flying backwards

Right thigh - red Cuda car with flames coming out back and a person screaming out the driver's window

From christine2448's post (#4 above) - Photos of the UID's tattoos:

2716132720045078242S600x600Q851_zps16546a60.jpg
2861297160045078242S600x600Q851_zpsaff3f918.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member