Princess Blue's autopsy report and dentals

Earthbound Misfit I

Justice for Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
Reaction score
Princess Blue's Dentals - Broken down by our lovely LionRun.

UPDATED on 01/31/2009 by RKnowley. Information in red font was added by RKnowley. Dental information comes from Jennifer Love. She is the Harris County Medical Examiner. The information is posted here https://identifyus.org/report.php?p=individual&i=989 on identifyus.org

Eruption Charts
Primary Teeth Eruption Chart
chart_eruption_primary.gif

Permanent Teeth Eruption Chart
chart_eruption_permanent.gif

From the original ME's report dated circa 9/90. My comments are in blue.:
spacer.gif
permanent_number_chart.jpg

"teeth 1, 17 and 32 (wisdom teeth) were present and unerupted."

There is no mention that any of the 3 wisdom teeth were impacted, and that none had yet erupted further indicates that Princess died between the ages of 17 and 21. There are exceptions to this, and I think someone may have posted here that their wisdom teeth didn't erupt until the age of 24. This would be more of an exception.

ETA: Other methods, including examining/measuring the long bones and studying certain sutures may have also been used to estimate Princess Blue's age at date of death. I didn't include this in post 451 on thread 3, and it may have caused some unnecessary confusion. I am sorry about that.

Tooth 16 was absent. The corresponding alveolar spavce was totally obliterated by mature bone tissue.

That there was mature (fully formed) bone tissue filling the gap where wisdom tooth 16 should have been, the tooth was perhaps either surgically removed some time before death (the gap was completely filled with fully formed bone--that takes time to occur afte a tooth, especially a tooth with a large root is removed). Or it is possible that wisdom tooth #16 never formed.

Okay, I will try and keep it as simple as possible from now on.

This report seems to lack detail in that some teeth are not even mentioned. It is inconsistent concerning the condition of all of the teeth. Some teeth are describes as, "present", yet we don't know what condition they may have been in. I assume that if there was anything outstanding it would hopefully have been mentioned.

"?" means the tooth was not mentioned either way.

Tooth Numbers

1. present-wisdom tooth-unerupted.

2. present-large carries

3. present-good condition

4. present-good condition

5. absent-but this occurred after death, so a missing report would not list tooth 5 as missing.

6. present-large carries

7. Postmortem loss (open socket)

8. Postmortem loss (open socket)

9. present-fractured tip after death, so this would not have been on a missing report

10. Absent-was surgically removed prior to death. The gap in the bone was partially filled in with new bone, and this indicates that the dental procedure was possibly performed a few months to a year prior to Princess's death from my recollection of such things. I am unsure of exactly how long it takes for bone to grow into the alveolar space once a tooth of that size is removed. So, please don't quote me on that.

11. Natural tooth, no filling

12. Postmortem loss (open socket)

13. Postmortem loss (open socket)

14. present-small filling

15. Postmortem loss (open socket)

16. Antemortem loss (healed socket)

17. present-wisdom tooth-unerupted

18. present-small filling

19. present-large carries

20. present-large carries

21. present

22. present

23. present

24. present

25. present

26. present

27. present

28. present

29. present-small carries

30. present-good condition, except that the tooth had black discoloration indicative of a possible small carries

31. present-good condition

32. present-wisdom tooth-unerupted

Lion

Here is a copy of the original autopsy report done on Princess Blue in 1990. A Houston reporter, Craig Malisow, was gracious enough to provide this for us. Please note that a complete forensics work-up was completed in March of 2007; however, we have not yet been able to obtain a copy of it. There is much updated information in the report, and if we are able to obtain it we will post it on this thread.

History: These skeletal remains of a Hispanic female were found under a trash pile at the dead end of County Road 101, east of Hwy 288, Manvel, Brazoria County, Texas at 5 pm on Sept. 10, 1990. Some property (jewelry) was recovered at the scene with the skeletal remains.

Autopsy: The uatopsy was performed in the [HCME's office] by forensic pathologist Eduardo Bellas, MD, at the request of and upon the written authorization of the Hon. Bill Todd, Justice of the Peace, Precinct 8, Brazoria County, Texas, beginning at 2 pm on Sept. 11, 1990.

Extrernal Appearance: The bpdy was that of a totally skeletonized human remains which consisted of the entire skull with nonprominant frontal ridges or mastoid process. The nasal aperture were those of a caucasion configuration and the upper arch was U-shaped, resembling mongoloid character. The cheek bones were not prominent. The orbital sockets were rather square. The right and left sides of the upper jaw were not still fused as was not the transversal suture of the hard palate.

The foramen magnum and the configuration of the base of the skull and the outside of the skull showed no abnormalities. Upon removal of the calvarium, it was found that the clivus was almost totally obliterated and the endocranium appeared to be not remarkable. Natural teeth in good condition in part and some in bad condition were observed. According with the Universal System, teeth 1, 17 and 32 (wisdom teeth) were present and unerupted. Tooth 16 was absent. The corresponding alveolar spavce was totally obliterated by mature bone tissue.

There was a large caries on the buccal aspect in tooth 2 and tooth 5 was missing postmortem. Teeth 3 and 4 were in good condition as well as tooth 14 which had a minute occlusal amalgam. Tooth 6 (upper right canine) had extensive caries at the mesial surface extending to the buccal surface as well as toward the lingual area. Tooth 9 (left upper central incisor) had a recent occlusal postmortem fracture at the tip. Tooth 10 was surgically absent and the corresponding alveolar space partially obliterated by mature bone. In the lower arch, tooth 17 was unerupted and tooth 18 had a minute round buccal amalgam. Tooth 19 had a large occlusal caries extending to buccal, mesial and distal aspects with only 1/3 of the crown surface left. Teeth 2o-29 were present. A large caries on the mesial and buccal surgace of tooth 20 was observed. A small lateral caries was noticed in tghe lateral aspect of tooth 29. Teeth 30 and 31 were in good condition, however, the lateral aspect of tooth 30 was observed with black discoloration of the crown area and conssitent with a distal caries.

The lower jaw was intact. The two scapula as well as the hip bones were submitted and the fusion between the first sacral vertebra with the sacrum was incomplete in the anterior portion. the configuration of the three bones of the pelvbis were consistent with female-type and the symphysis pubis with numerous pits alternating with the elevations which suggested a very young person. The fusion of the iliac crests of the hip bones was partial in some areas. The sternum was submitted in two pieces and was not remarkable. 22 ribs were submitted. The right first rib aliong with the second right rib showed a hairline fracture measuring 1-3/4 inches in length in the first right rib and 1-1/4 inches in the second right rib. In addition, 1-1/4 inches before the anterior tip of the second rib there was a transveral compression.

The two humeri with the two cubitus and radii were submitted and not remarkable. Similarly, both femurs, both tibias and fibulas were also submitted. The bones of the extremities showed no abnormalities except for a defect in the distal portion of the left tibia extending up to the articular surface and measured one inch in the virtucal dimension and 1-1/4 inches anteroposteriorly. The length of the humeri was 11-1/2 inches each. The length of both femurs was 16-1/2 inches. The length of the tibia was 13-3/4 inches. Also submitted were the seven cervical vertebrae, the five lumbar vertebrae and the eleven thoracic vertebrae. None of the certebrae submitted showed any abnormalities. In addition, multiple bones of the hands and feet were submitted and were not remarkable. The central portion and the two wings of the hyoid bone were identified and intact.

Lab results: Opiate -- bone marrow=negative

Opinion: It is my opinion that the cause and manner of death of the decedent, unidentified skeletal remains of a Hispanic female, is undetermined.

Could someone write the part about her teeth in layman's terms?

ETA: Nevermind, lol, saw that was already done. Thanks Lion :)

The fact that tooth #16 was absent and mature bone was present does not necessarily mean that Princess Blue's wisdom tooth was removed; she could have a situation similar to mine where that wisdom tooth is just not present.

I'm in my late 20s and I never got my wisdom teeth. I had my first dental x-ray two years ago and was told that I will never get them, they are not present in my mouth at all thanks go good genetics, I guess. Instead, I have mature bone (my jaw bone) in their place.

I heard that there are also people that get one or two wisdom teeth and the others are just not present so they never come in... Maybe a dentist can help clarify that?

I was 31 and 35 when I had my bottom two wisdom teeth removed; they started coming through just prior to removal. Also, I do not have top wisdom teeth (thank you Lord!).

Just happened to notice Kristy Lynn Booth missing from Midland County, Texas was a senior at Lee High School between the years 1978-1979. It does say her #30 tooth was missing and Princess Doe had hers, but I wonder if they knew each other~~or possibly someone in Kristy's family may have yearbooks from that era?

Kristy seems to be taller at 5.7"-5.8" and 115-120 lbs.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/704dftx.html

The fact that tooth #16 was absent and mature bone was present does not necessarily mean that Princess Blue's wisdom tooth was removed; she could have a situation similar to mine where that wisdom tooth is just not present.

I'm in my late 20s and I never got my wisdom teeth. I had my first dental x-ray two years ago and was told that I will never get them, they are not present in my mouth at all thanks go good genetics, I guess. Instead, I have mature bone (my jaw bone) in their place.

I heard that there are also people that get one or two wisdom teeth and the others are just not present so they never come in... Maybe a dentist can help clarify that?

I have no adult teeth underneath of some of my back teeth, so they will always remain baby teeth. This was discovered by dental x-rays. I did, however, have wisdom teeth & a painful surgery to get them out.

Like most things, there's so much variance between individuals.

Kristy Lynn Booth was ruled out by DNA.

Just happened to notice Kristy Lynn Booth missing from Midland County, Texas was a senior at Lee High School between the years 1978-1979. It does say her #30 tooth was missing and Princess Doe had hers, but I wonder if they knew each other~~or possibly someone in Kristy's family may have yearbooks from that era?

Kristy seems to be taller at 5.7"-5.8" and 115-120 lbs.

The Doe Network: Case File 704DFTX

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back