VA VA - Margarett Marion, 52, Virginia Beach, March 1994

tigger3z

Former Member
Reaction score
I have looked for information on this case with little success.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2425dfva.html

I am trying to find her height and weight: I think that Margarett Marion may be http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/245ufva.html

Margarett Marion disappeared in March 1994 the Jane Doe in the cemetery died in December 1996. Look at their noses, glasses, lips,

Jane Doe has She had an 8 inch scar on her abdomen, probably from C-section. Jane doe has auburn hair but it looks died and it says curly possibly a perm. Very few people have orginial hair color at 60. But I can't find out any more info on Margarett Marion than what is below. Margarett Marion lived in Virginia Beach VA. A distance of maybe 3 hours. I tried to find the cemetery Jane Doe died in to see if there were any children buried there why Jane Doe picked there if she was indeed Margarett Marion but it does not list graves. Anyone have any ideas?

Margarett Marion 
Missing since March 8, 1994 from Virginia Beach, Virginia 
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
• Age at Time of Disappearance: 52 years old
• Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Glasses.

Circumstances of Disappearance 
Margarett Marion was last seen on March 8, 1994. 
Marion's vehicle, a red two door, Isuzu Mark I, was found running and abandoned at the two mile marker on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. Mrs. Marion's husband says he last saw his wife at home at 1030 pm. Margarett Marion has never been located.

I am trying to find any information on Margarett Marion its strange there is nothing--but what is posted above. Not even an obituary--but she was eventually declared dead because she was missing.

I do not think these 2 women are the same person. I think it's possible the lady found in the cemetery is Puerto Rican. I see no resemblance at all IMO.

Thanks Debbie!!!. I did an overlay and many of their features match up. So we will have to wait and see. But 2 years passed between the time Margarett left and Jane Doe in the cemtery died, plenty of time for things like hair and color of hair to change.

I did find Margarett Marion had only one child but not whether she had a C section or not. Her name is Joy and her husbands name was Ronald.

In Margaretts picture I recognized the turtle neck she is wearing from the early 1990's I believe it was Liz Claiborne, if not it was one of the more expensive brands. I worked in a high end retail store for abit. And I remember that turtleneck .

Looking at this one, and being from the area, I feel it's pretty likely Margarett jumped off the bridge. The Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel is one of the longest bridges in the world, and it's quite tall. There have been suicides before, but weirdly the media doesn't seem to like to cover it. Unless there's something here I'm missing, a reason to believe she didn't jump, I feel like that's the obvious solution. I also feel like this would have been more of a "story" locally if the police believed there was either foul play or a chance of finding her alive.

Margarett Marion
_margarett_marion_1.jpg

Marion, circa 1994
  • Missing Since 03/08/1994
  • Missing From Virginia Beach, Virginia
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 52 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'9, 135 pounds
  • Medical Conditions Marion suffers from chronic depression and was taking medication for her condition at the time of her disappearance.
  • Associated Vehicle(s) Red two-door Isuzu Mark I (accounted for)
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Marion wears eyeglasses.
Details of Disappearance

Marion was last seen at her home in Virginia Beach, Virginia at 10:30 p.m. on March 8, 1994. She has never been heard from again. After her disappearance, her red two-door Isuzu Mark I was found abandoned at the two-mile marker on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, still running. There was no sign of Marion at the scene. Few details are available in her case.

Investigating Agency
  • Virginia Beach Police Department 757-385-1895
Source Information

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member