The Open Door

HollywoodBound

Reaction score
I was just watching the youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1weSxDOI77s&feature=related
In this interview around the 1:56 of 5:35 John Ramsey says that the police had discovered during their investigation that a door to the home was open. He then goes on to say that he did not learn of this door being open until almost a year later. Which door was this? Was it physically open or just unlocked so that it could be opened by anyone from the outside?

well shoot my other moniter broke and I don't have speakers hooked up to this old one so I can't herar the video. But I am going to guess it is the door in the butlers pantry. Seems like I remember that it was found open a little bit. It was innocent though beacuse eithor John Fernie or one of the LE admitted to opening it if I remember correctly.

I was just watching the youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1weSxDOI77s&feature=related
In this interview around the 1:56 of 5:35 John Ramsey says that the police had discovered during their investigation that a door to the home was open. He then goes on to say that he did not learn of this door being open until almost a year later. Which door was this? Was it physically open or just unlocked so that it could be opened by anyone from the outside?

HollywoodBound,

Well I dunno where you will be bound now, but many people had keys to the front door, some where secreted under stones leading to the house, and with an open door why did Lou Smit focus upon the basement window?

The big question is why leave a kidnapped JonBenet dead in the basement when you could walk out the door and demand a ransom? All answers on a postcard to the Ramnesia Corporation which exists to aid all those innocent of memory loss.

HollywoodBound,

Well I dunno where you will be bound now, but many people had keys to the front door, some where secreted under stones leading to the house, and with an open door why did Lou Smit focus upon the basement window?

The big question is why leave a kidnapped JonBenet dead in the basement when you could walk out the door and demand a ransom? All answers on a postcard to the Ramnesia Corporation which exists to aid all those innocent of memory loss.

Where will I be bound now???

Interesting, though it still doesn't answer my question as to which door was it. Does anyone know? UKguy need not reply to where I am bound.

I had read that although the Rs gave LE a long list of people who had keys to the house, in reality there weren't that many.
It was one of the Rs friends who came to the house and said he came in though an unopened butler's pantry door. He also claimed to see the RN through the door spread out on the floor. However, we know that the RN was found on the spiral stairs and had been picked up by the Rs and hadn't been placed on the floor near the butler's pantry door. Why would he also have to go in that way? There were plenty of people to answer the front door. JR reportedly told LE that the house was completely locked up that night before he went to bed, that's why the issue of who had a key was raised. If that door was alleged to be open from the get-go, the keys would be a moot point.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back