GAs prices are jumping and I think that is a crime

Meduza

Reaction score
Dollar is at an all time low, feds are gonna cut interests rates again, driving up the gas prices further. Unreal :furious:

Dollar is at an all time low, feds are gonna cut interests rates again, driving up the gas prices further. Unreal :furious:

How much is it where you live. Here in Illinois I paid 3.29 today. My next car is definitely going to have flexfuel. I know it only saves a little but my dad is a farmer and so it also helps out the farmers.

Prices are MUCH higher in Europe and always have been. No coincidence that they have decent public transportation, even to the smallest village. We need to change our habits.

$3.15 here in my part of GA. I am about to give up hope!

I lied...$3.24...sorry!

$3.15 here in my part of GA. I am about to give up hope!

Wow thats good. We haven't seen that in probably six months. We usually don't get under $3. I used to have a durango but I traded it for a mini van because I couldn't stand paying for the gas.

Ranges from 3.52-3.67 in Orange County, CA

Yep heard Cali got it the worst. They are saying we might go over 4 dollars, yikes. I am going to start riding my bike. Might take me like 3 days to get into town but I can't afford this :eek:

I am in the OC and I paid 3.95 on Friday!(not regular though)

ETA: here is the rundown..please notice where the most expensive gas in the last 60 hours was located.:bang:

http://www.orangecountygasprices.com/

Awesome link! I live in South County - I was shocked when I saw the 3.52 yesterday - instead of the 3.61 a little earlier in the week. The gas stations were in about a 2 mile range too. :furious:

Wow thats good. We haven't seen that in probably six months. We usually don't get under $3. I used to have a durango but I traded it for a mini van because I couldn't stand paying for the gas.

How sad is it that you think this is "good." :( zzvery, very sad!

As owners of gas stations, I think people need to know that your local indepent owner doesn't control the prices. He gets a call from the gas company telling him when to raise and when to lower prices.

My husband says the the supply is there. Gas is available. Speculation is driving up prices now.

I work as a Sales Rep for BJ's Wholesale Club and I sell alot of Business Memberships since our gas prices are much better than most of the local gas stations here in GA. It is 3.12 for regular right now. Still high but not as high as most!

I live in Hendersonville NC, close to Asheville NC. We're getting screwed here too!

I paid 3.29/gal. this morning!
Sure wish I owned some oil company stock!!!:furious:

How much is it where you live. Here in Illinois I paid 3.29 today. My next car is definitely going to have flexfuel. I know it only saves a little but my dad is a farmer and so it also helps out the farmers.

We had flexfuel on our last van (just got a new one). When we sat down and worked it out, mileage was so much worse when we used ethanol that it actually ended up being more expensive than gas. I don't know if there was something wrong with out van, but it didn't work out like we thought it would.

The lowest price I've seen in south eastern VA is 3.05. The highest in this area is 3.29.

Awesome link! I live in South County - I was shocked when I saw the 3.52 yesterday - instead of the 3.61 a little earlier in the week. The gas stations were in about a 2 mile range too. :furious:
The top 5 highest prices are in San Juan Capistrano where I live! Great. There are a few of us here on the board that live in south county. what town are you in?

The top 5 highest prices are in San Juan Capistrano where I live! Great. There are a few of us here on the board that live in south county. what town are you in?

I'm in Aliso Viejo

yeah, it'd be nice to get it cheaper, but unless I was already going to La Habra, wouldn't make a lot of sense.

We had flexfuel on our last van (just got a new one). When we sat down and worked it out, mileage was so much worse when we used ethanol that it actually ended up being more expensive than gas. I don't know if there was something wrong with out van, but it didn't work out like we thought it would.

There is probably nothing wrong with your van. I have yet to hear from any family members who can make the flexfuel/ethanol blends work as less expensive than straight gasoline. :( We've all tried it, but it just doesn't work. Some of us have older cars; some, newer.

There is probably nothing wrong with your van. I have yet to hear from any family members who can make the flexfuel/ethanol blends work as less expensive than straight gasoline. :( We've all tried it, but it just doesn't work. Some of us have older cars; some, newer.

Thanks guys for busting my bubble! Now I have to go back to the drawing board.:bang:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back