This is about 5 miles from where I live

I hate cockfighting! I think it's cruel and it breaks my heart. I know some people think I am nuts for thinking that way but I can't help it.. My neighbors are huge cockfighters and they will lose hundreds of bucks every weekend at the fights.

I hate cockfighting! I think it's cruel and it breaks my heart. I know some people think I am nuts for thinking that way but I can't help it.. My neighbors are huge cockfighters and they will lose hundreds of bucks every weekend at the fights.

Sadie, I totally agree.. Cruel... I didn't realise they still did this.. I can't stand any type of animal cruelty... dog fights etc. Ranks right up there with child abuse in my way of thinking.

Yes, sadly, cockfights are thriving everywhere. It isn't just the Hispanics in my area, either, although they comprise the largest segment of fans.
I want to raise about 8 chickens for organic eggs for my husband and myself. I brought home a video from the library about chickens and 15 minutes of it dealt with raising *advertiser censored* for fighting. It showed this guy who moved into a semi rural community and suddenly had hundreds of roosters that he was breeding for fights. The neighbors were subjected to all the crowing, day and night, and ended up suing to get the roosters out. This makes me wonder how high up this is on the list of priorities for LE.

The suspects, most of whom don't speak English, were processed at the scene. Deputies expected to find weapons and other contraband.

It will take an long time to process that many people who can't speak English. I hate *advertiser censored* fighting....it's as bad as dog fighting.

I had no idea it's still legal in louisiana:eek:

After church..in many many towns here on the Big Island...

~snip
At 2:20 p.m., officers from the department's Vice Section, Criminal Intelligence Unit, Kona Patrol Section, Area II Ice Task Force and federal agents from the Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the Drug Enforcement Administration executed a search warrant at a 9.6-acre property on Napoopoo Road in Honaunau.

That's where they found more than 100 people attending an illegal cockfight.
~snip

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/articles/2008/03/04/local_news/local05.txt

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/articles/2008/03/04/local_news/local05.txt

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member