GUILTY MI - Brij, 65, & Aasha Chhabra, 56, dead in contract killing, Troy, 11 March 2008

Sad story in another murder-for-hire over money. The man who arranged the execution style killings lived a lot closer to me than I'd like to admit.

It's always the quiet ones you have to watch out for.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/5627830.html

Whoa. Texana, that's scary. They met at an AA Meeting none the less. Absolutely it's the quiet ones. Nobody going to be having loud parties, shooting off their mouths, causing trouble when they are up to something.

Whoa. Texana, that's scary. They met at an AA Meeting none the less. Absolutely it's the quiet ones. Nobody going to be having loud parties, shooting off their mouths, causing trouble when they are up to something.

I can't tell you how many times I've driven past those houses and wondered how they financed them. The houses are expensive for this area and then some of the backyards are over the top.

There is some serious money where I live, (a lot of retired athletes) but they seem to live either in the Sweetwater area (think Enron exec who committed suicide) or farther out on acreage. This guy didn't seem to fit in, honestly. Retired engineer? I don't think so.

I've got a neighbor like this, and I check his koi pond frequently to see if his recently-divorced wife might be there.

Too much Websleuths!

I've got a neighbor like this, and I check his koi pond frequently to see if his recently-divorced wife might be there.
LOL, Heaven forbid she's in with the koi. Only koi pond I've ever seen is at the pet store, Texana. Keep your eyes peeled.

LOL, Heaven forbid she's in with the koi. Only koi pond I've ever seen is at the pet store, Texana. Keep your eyes peeled.

The wife disappeared a few months ago last year. We noticed we hadn't seen her...and we actually peered over the fence to see if the koi pond had some freshly disturbed dirt.

But no, it hadn't, and she showed up with the kids in tow for a visit.

At least when the local news interviews me, I'm going to be the neighbor that says, "He was always quiet but I KNEW something was wrong."

Oh, and about the murder-for-hire--it is so sad to think that these women were only trying to get their rightful money when he killed one of them.

The wife disappeared a few months ago last year. We noticed we hadn't seen her...and we actually peered over the fence to see if the koi pond had some freshly disturbed dirt.

But no, it hadn't, and she showed up with the kids in tow for a visit.

At least when the local news interviews me, I'm going to be the neighbor that says, "He was always quiet but I KNEW something was wrong."

Oh, and about the murder-for-hire--it is so sad to think that these women were only trying to get their rightful money when he killed one of them.

Yes, it is immensely sad, Texana. People are outta their minds. I wish you were my neighbor. Then when the news came to ask about me winning the lottery you can say "She was a loud one that, Filly, but I always knew she'd win the lotto". LOL

Texana, I wish all neighbors were as alert as you!

So this guy, Thadani, stole $1.5 million from them, then killed them because they had proof? I hope he enjoys our prisons. :rolleyes: :behindbar

In an upstairs bedroom, a wedding dress displayed on a bed was a replica of a gown worn by a queen featured in a portrait hanging on Thadani's wall, one neighbor said.
He sounds a little weird.
Texana, I think it's grand that you keep an eye out for strange 'happenings' in your neighborhood. My next door neighbor is like that and I love her for it.

This is only about 6 miles from where I live. I hadn't heard of it until today. But I've been spending alot of time at the rodeo over the weekend.

From October 2008:

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/general-news/20081016/second-man-sentenced-in-troy-murder

Nelson Mendoza, a 35-year-old Salvadoran national from Texas, was sentenced to life in prison Wednesday for the March 11 killings of Brij Mohan Chhabra, 65, and his wife, 56-year-old Aasha, in their home in Troy.

A jury convicted Mendoza of first-degree murder last month. He was the admitted getaway driver, while co-defendant Miguel Angel Servando rang the doorbell pretended to be a deliveryman, entered the house and shot the couple.

From October 2010:

http://www.macombdaily.com/20101007/pair-behind-troy-couples-murder-sentenced-to-prison

Narayan Thadani, 63, was sent to prison for life by Chief U.S. District Judge Gerald E. Rosen. Douglas Tobar, 42, who also appeared before the same judge, received a sentence of 30 years behind bars...

Authorities said Thadani hired the hitmen after bilking Aasha Chhabra's $2 million inheritance that she had trusted him to manage. The Chhabras filed a lawsuit against him over the missing money.

Servando pleaded guilty to first-degree premeditated murder and is serving a lifetime prison sentence...

Court records show Thadani pleaded guilty in June to two counts of murder for hire and one count of solicitation to commit a crime of violence. Tobar pleaded guilty in July to two counts of murder for hire.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back