A Little Girl's Dying Wish

colomom

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.kolnkgin.com/home/headlines/16762906.html

http://www.ketv.com/family/15643474/detail.html

I apologize if this should be posted elsewhere...

I saw this article posted on CNN tonight and it has just touched my heart so strongly. I wanted to make as many people aware of it as possible. I searched for an email address but failed, if you great sleuthers can find one, would you please post it?

I found this contact information. I will be faxing them ASAP.

Federal Prison Camp - YANKTON
North Central Region
Post Office Box 680
Yankton, South Dakota 57078
(605) 665-3262
FAX: (605) 668-1116

What a sad, sad story. Can't the governor intercede? The Dad is to be sent to a halfway house in August, but that will be too late! Someone is being unduly harsh!:mad:

Gee whiz, they set people free early from drug convictions when they run out of space. You'd think someone would have a heart and let her wish be granted. I'll keep her in my prayers.

E-mail address: YAN/EXECASSISTANT@BOP.GOV

Contact SD Governor Rounds on this page:
http://sd.gov/gov/email.aspx

Or call:

[FONT=Times Roman, Serif]Governor M. Michael Rounds (R-SD) [/FONT]

pixel.gif

[FONT=Times Roman, Serif]500 E. Capitol Ave.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times Roman, Serif]Pierre, SD 57501[/FONT]
[FONT=Times Roman, Serif]Phone: [/FONT][FONT=Times Roman, Serif](605) 773-3212[/FONT]
[FONT=Times Roman, Serif]Fax: [/FONT][FONT=Times Roman, Serif](605) 773-5844[/FONT]

I just went to the Governor's webform email and linked that news article with a plea for compassion. I hope he can do something for this family. I can't even imagine what this girl is feeling. Let's pray for someone to see the light and that there is no red tape to keep this short reunion from happening.

Who knows, this might even help the father stop using drugs in the long run.

My gosh they let drug dealers off early for less reasons than this. I hope they let her spend time with her dad, it isnt her fault.

I just went to the Governor's webform email and linked that news article with a plea for compassion. I hope he can do something for this family. I can't even imagine what this girl is feeling. Let's pray for someone to see the light and that there is no red tape to keep this short reunion from happening.

Thanks for the link, Taximom. I too just emailed the Govenor to have some compassion for this precious child. This story really touched my heart and I just pray that the father will be granted a short release to say goodbye to his daughter.

Taximom, thanks for posting this.
Here is what I sent via the link you provided.

Dear Sir:
I emplore you to allow JASON CHARLES YAEGER, Register Number: 18136-047 at YANKTON FEDERAL PRISON CAMP to spend his daughter's last days with her. He is not the one being punished by not letting him have an extended furlough, she is.

I understand the need for his debt to society. I understand it all too well. At 10 years old, his daughter does not. My father disappeared when I was 9. I was well and did not cope with his disappearance well at all. Only as a young adult did I find out that is was due to drugs, alcohol and all around law breaking. He spent most of his life in various prisons due to this. He paid a price, as did I. He has been missing again for 15 years -- this time not to pay his debt, but more likely that he is dead. As an adult, I can understand this and the price he paid to society for his misdeeds. As a child I could not. Thankfully I was able to grow up and know that it was not my fault that he made these choices.

This child, Jayci, will likely not get to grow to learn that lesson.

I emplore you, grant him a supervised extended reprieve that she may not be punished for his misdeeds. Allow her to have a moment of peace in her short time on this earth that she may take back to the heavens the truth that humanity can be a kind experience for our souls.

This little girl deserves to see her father. I pray someone steps in and makes sure that it happens.

Does the governor even have say about what goes on in Federal prison??

I am sorry for this little girl but I do wonder if her father is in federal Prison for drug charges than does anyone really think that up until that point he was some glorious dad who spent time with her?
I really really doubt it! More likely she hardly knew him or he was a drugged up abusive jerk.

Without more details about this I really just wonder if this is some ploy the Lawyer or dad came up with in order to get him early release.
Remember the dad who escaped by agreeing to donate a kidney to his son?

I am sorry for this little girl but I do wonder if her father is in federal Prison for drug charges than does anyone really think that up until that point he was some glorious dad who spent time with her?
I really really doubt it! More likely she hardly knew him or he was a drugged up abusive jerk.

Without more details about this I really just wonder if this is some ploy the Lawyer or dad came up with in order to get him early release.

I see your point Amraann...but I also know quite a few drug dealers, who only delt pot, I don't know what this guy was dealing...though just dealing pot doesn't make it any better, however they were excellent fathers and the reason they sold drugs was to be able to give their chidlren more. Not right or conventional, I know, but regardless of their misdeeds, they were good fathers...jmo!

I always love your posts and usually agree with you....but to children, sometimes even (or especially) the abused ones (never understood that), their parents are held in great esteem like no other and I just think that this little girl should be made to feel comfortable and happy in her last days...regardless of whether society deems it right or wrong....jmo!

I honestly don't care what he has done. If this little girl wants to see her daddy before she dies, then she should be able to see her. On one of the articles there is a picture with her and him together... She looked like a happy little girl who loved her daddy...

I think that the time he has spent, balanced against the lenient sentences many receive for worse crimes, far outweighs the need to "really stick it to him" right now, just because the prison can.

The innocent daughter deserves to die in peace.

The first article makes it pretty clear:

"Jayci's family said they aren't looking to get Jason out of prison, or shorten his sentence. They even asked for him to be put on electronic surveillance while was in Lincoln, and he offered to serve double his remaining time when he went back."

In my eyes, if Jayci wants to see her father before she passes then that's a gift I would like to give her. To me, it's about her and what she wants. Nothing else matters, to me.

Thanks for the email links and suggested correspondence (mostlylurking)!!!

Gee whiz, they set people free early from drug convictions when they run out of space.

Heck fire, they set people free early who have murdered their own children, not even because they've run out of space! This is insane.....give the little girl her dying wish :(

It sounds like it's up to the warden as to whether he can visit his daughter or not. In the second link the article states that a prisoner can be given leave in "extrodinary circumstances". I would think this classifies as an extrodinary circumstance.

In the article is also said the dad was arrested and convicted for dealing meth. Not good but why punish this little girl? If the warden continues to say no and the governor fails to step in then I feel sorry for them. They obviously have no heart.

I would also say that a father who is dealing meth (and most certainly taking it as well) is pretty darn heartless when he has a young daughter to care for.

I am still suspect about the entire story. I just think there is something else going on that we are not privy to.
Either the little girl is not even close to ask sick as the media (family) is portraying or the father is a seriously bad prisoner and the warden feels the risk and cost is simply to great.

The media often loves to spin "evil government" stories and often the stories are half truths.
I guess I am not not believing this heart tugging spin. Certainly there is something going on here that we are not hearing.

From a post here:

http://www.kolnkgin.com/home/headlines/16762906.html

snip

".... the politicians have been receptive. I also called Gov. Mike Rounds. The more calls the better. Linda Asher / public relations - Yankton FPC Phone: 605-665-3262 Fax: 605-668-1113 E-mail address: yan/execassistant@bop.gov. You could also contact the federal SD congressional delegates: Senator Tim Johnson........ (800) 537-0025 Senator John Thune..... Sioux Falls: (605) 334-9596 Congresswoman Stephanie Herseth......... (866) 371-8747 or the Yankton (18th) district state delegates: Jean Hunhoff (senate -R) Business: 605-668-8312 Garry Moore (house - D) Business: 605-665-3294 Charlii Gilson (house - R) Business 605-260-1600"

I would also say that a father who is dealing meth (and most certainly taking it as well) is pretty darn heartless when he has a young daughter to care for.

I am still suspect about the entire story. I just think there is something else going on that we are not privy to.
Either the little girl is not even close to ask sick as the media (family) is portraying or the father is a seriously bad prisoner and the warden feels the risk and cost is simply to great.

The media often loves to spin "evil government" stories and often the stories are half truths.
I guess I am not not believing this heart tugging spin. Certainly there is something going on here that we are not hearing.

I understand what you're saying but the little girl still loves him. You know sometimes even children that have been abused still love their mom and dad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back