NY NY - Deniese Hiraman, 13, Queens, 27 Aug 1999

meggilyweggily

Reaction score
Website
www.charleyproject.org
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hiraman_deniese.html

This case has drawn me particularly because Deniese is exactly one day younger than I am. I was born on October 5, 1985; she was born on October 6.

No suggestion of foul play, but for a runaway she's been gone awfully long -- seven and a half years now. She looks like such a pretty young girl. I hope she's okay.

Bump for Deniese.

She's been missing almost 11 years. Come home soon sweetie.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/6188/0/
Status Missing
First name Deniese
Middle name
Last name Hiraman
Nickname/Alias Pinks, Pinky
NCMEC number 876542
Date last seen August 27, 1999 09:15
Date entered 04/15/2010
Age last seen 13 to 13 years old
Age now 28 years old
Race Black/African American
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Height (inches) 63.0
Weight (pounds) 90.0
Dental Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available
DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete
Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available
8686.jpg8688.jpg

Deniese has been missing for 15 years today.

What a pretty girl. Considering her lifestyle at the time of her disappearance I think it's highly possible she's not with us anymore. Maybe she died in the years after vanishing.

I submitted Deniese as a potential match for this UID http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/578ufma.html

Deniese would be younger than the estimates for this unidentified woman found behind a truck stop in Plainville, MASS. What makes me think she might be a match is that this unidentified woman is listed as African American or biracial in Doe Network but as Asian in NamUs. Deniese who is Guyanese is also listed as African American in some databases and Asian in others. The racial ambiguity seems unique with these two. I also thought that Deniese resembles some of the reconstructions.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Doe Network says they haven't looked at this as a potential match yet so it is going to the panel. It will probably take a while since there are no dental records available for Deniese but I will update if I hear anything.

Attachments

• 578UFMA2_LARGE.png
    578UFMA2_LARGE.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 55
  • hiraman_deniese3.jpg
    hiraman_deniese3.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 33
Considering the lifestyle she lived at the time of her disappearance, it may be that deniese's life was troubled. She was reportedly affiliated with a gang; had a fake ID giving her age as 18. She may be very far from home as there have been reported sightings of her in the Area of Twin Cities, Minnesota, Florida, Georgia, the province of Ontario in Canada, the island of Trinidad, And in the New York State Area. She could be in those states I have listed in my paragraph. I believe within my heart that she is alive and not aware she is missing. But even if Deniese is alive that doesn't mean she's well or in a good situation. Unfortunately, Young, pretty girls like her are vulnerable to all kinds of predators around the world. Maybe this coming new year she will call her family and let them hear her voice.

I hope she is still alive; Although there are no suggestions that foul play was involved, the circumstances surrounding this case sound suspicious. To me, she seems like a kid who was trying to grow up to fast; somebody May have taken advantage of that and harmed her or she could've just ran away.

To me, it seems that it's highly likely that Denise was or is being trafficked after her disappearance; traveling to all those states either alone or with someone else. Whether she left willingly or not remains a mystery to this day without anyone knowing the truth.

I really don't think that she just ran off and managed to stay hidden for twenty-one years. I think that she probably met with foul play soon after she ran away (likely via human trafficking, such as AmirRose has said) or that she might not have ever run away in the first place. Deniese (reportedly) had gang ties, so I'm assuming that means that she had plenty of "rivals" who did not like her and who had reason to hurt her.

Unfortunately, due to the circumstances of her life, even if Deniese's disappearance was the direct result of foul play, it would have been very easy for police to write her off as being voluntarily missing. What a shame. This kid was obviously in desperate need of some guidance.

The first five years she was seen as a runaway, up until 2005. I wonder what investigators did up until that point and what changed their mind

I read somewhere that her sister has said they have tried to get Law Enforcement to listen to their pleas, but they wouldn't because truthfully lots of missing young girls of colour get dismissed.

If her sister ever sees this, I hope she knows how many people are looking for her.

I wish we had more info on her disappearance. I have so many questions.

I wonder if the family has ever looked into reaching out to Black and Missing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back