GUILTY FL - Charles Beck, 25, Tampa, 12 March 2008

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

20 March 08

Deputies say a missing man may be the victim of foul play, and they say they are looking to interview his girlfriend.

On Wednesday, 25-year-old Charles Beck was reported missing by his mother after he didn't show up for work.

Investigators are looking for Beck's girlfriend. She is 20-year-old Nicole Sylvester. She is described as a black female, 5'3", 105 lbs.

Beck's car is also missing. It is a 2002 Silver Mercedes C230K, two-door hatchback.

more at link

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/specials/popular/article.aspx?s=popular&storyid=76504

The pain runs deep for the mother of 25-year-old Charles Beck. Genevieve normally speaks with her oldest child several times a day.

With tears streaming down her face, she says, “Please just bring my son back. I just want him back.”

Last Wednesday was the last time Genevieve spoke with her son. She says he called her around 11 p.m. to tell her he'd made it back to Tampa safely after a business trip to Tallahassee. Genevieve says her son loved his job as a civil engineer. She says he graduated from Plant High School and the University of South Florida. At USF, she says he finished a four-year degree in a little more than half the time slated.

Genevieve is devastated by his disappearance. "I can tell you, I'm lost, really lost... driving around, just don't know where to go."

Hillsborough Sheriff's deputies have searched Beck's Hidden Palm Apartment located at 14505 Audobon Trace and say they do believe he may be a victim of foul play. Now detectives are looking to talk with his girlfriend, 20-year-old Nicole Sylvester.

Sylvester doesn't have a permanent home and authorities say she would occasionally stay with Beck. Deputies have also spoken with a friend of Sylvester's 20-year-old Michelle Martin who works as a dancer at Fantasy Dolls. They arrested her on an unrelated charge.

Nicole Sylvester has a criminal record for domestic violence and at the time of her arrest last year she was unemployed. Michelle Martin has a criminal record too. She was arrested previously for criminal mischief. She worked as a construction worker when she was arrested three years ago.

The people who work with Beck say they're stunned over his disappearance. They say he is a very kind and thoughtful person with a big heart. He is so dedicated to his job they've had to force him to take his vacation.

Mike Register of Marlin Engineering works with Beck and says he never missed a day of work. "So we're just waiting for him to come through the door. It'll happen. We just have to think positive."

Beck's mother is not so sure. "Something is wrong really wrong. As a mother, I'm feeling it.”

pic
0831917949_beck.jpg

pic of girlfriend
photo_servlet

The girl friend looks like a man. I thought she was the victim at first (I thought she was Charles).
This is so sad!

How sad........ may he rest in peace and may the Lord give his mother strength.

And may these POSs rot......

Salem

How sad. Everyone needs a girlfriend just like this one. I wonder how in the world Charles Beck got mixed up with her? She does look like a guy. I thought it was a picture of the victim too until I saw the name.

That mother was right. She just knew it in her soul that something had happened to her boy. My heart goes out to her.

From May 2010:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/man-pleads-guilty-to-murdering-young-engineer-in-2008/1093063

A man who killed 25-year-old civil engineer Charles London Beck in 2008 pleaded guilty Thursday to second-degree murder. Byron Moorehead, 22, was sentenced to 45 years in prison followed by 10 years' probation...

Martin also was arrested and questioned. She helped investigators and took a plea deal last year in which she was sentenced to 10 years in prison for armed kidnapping, robbery and grand theft.

Sylvester, 22, also accepted a plea deal and was sentenced to 40 years in prison for second-degree murder, armed kidnapping, robbery and carjacking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back