GUILTY TX - Eliseo Gonzalez, 2, dies in care of 800 lb woman, La Jola, 18 March 2008

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
Dearest fellow Websleuthers,:blowkiss:
Link to the story below.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,340611,00.html

The reason why I put this in the "Crimes in the news" section is because the boy's death is listed as suspicious and the boy's mother dropped her son off for the day with this relative knowing that the person was bedridden.

The Justice of the Peace stated this;
"It didn't look like there was any foul play from what I saw,"

The Sheriff stated this;
Hidalgo County Sheriff Lupe Trevino, who termed the death "suspicious," said he would wait for the official cause of death before deciding whether to file charges.
(End of quotes)

I will go on what the Sheriff says.....

In my opinion, there is a the duty of a parent to ensure their child's safety.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

OMGosh! Who would leave a 2 yr old boy with a bedridden caretaker for the day???

That is just horrible, the bedridden relative must feel awful about what happened. The mother seems at blame as i don't see how anyone could expect someone who is bedridden to be able to look after a 2 year old.

Well, I wonder if the mother didn't push the toddler under the aunt while she was sleeping? The articles I've read so far haven't exactly explained how it happened. I'll have to read the newer links. Thanks for the (sad) updates.

OH MY GOSH, I just saw where the aunt struck him, not crushed him. :mad: grrrrr

Did she watch him often? Maybe she's the one that caused all the other fractures prior to this last time. :(

On the link I posted, there are links on the right to other articles. Among them is one that says CPS has been involved with this family 5 times in the past for violent behavior. Unbelievable! One of the articles also does say the other child/ren are in the custody of another relative. I do hope they'll be safe.

So they arrested AND arraigned the aunt in her bedroom. Will they hold the trial there too? This is going to be interesting.

She's 800 lbs and still has the strength to strike a toddler to death?
Poor baby. Every time I read how CPS is so rotten and how they are so wrong... these stories just irrate me. How does an entire family and neighborhood neglect a child?

Guys I have a weird question...o/t as well but I am curious.
If this woman is found guilty and sent to jail do you think the jail will have to give her the amounts of food that she has been eating? At least for awhile?
And who will be in charge of her cleaning and care b/c she can't do it herself?
I see she's already been released OR, no doubt because of her weight. But this is murder!
I would put her on the floor in jail and let her wallow in filth and nastiness for what she has done...fat or not...:furious:
Sorry for venting so angrily.

She's 800 lbs and still has the strength to strike a toddler to death?
Poor baby. Every time I read how CPS is so rotten and how they are so wrong... these stories just irrate me. How does an entire family and neighborhood neglect a child?
800 lbs? I am sorry but that is vile. This person could not even care for themselves and was irresponsible enough to let themselves get that heavy, yet was a good candidate to babysit. PLUS, how could she possible keep up with a 2 year old. I am healthy and weight 130 and can hardly keep up with my kids. 2year olds are very active and in to everything.

Guys I have a weird question...o/t as well but I am curious.
If this woman is found guilty and sent to jail do you think the jail will have to give her the amounts of food that she has been eating? At least for awhile?
And who will be in charge of her cleaning and care b/c she can't do it herself?
I see she's already been released OR, no doubt because of her weight. But this is murder!
I would put her on the floor in jail and let her wallow in filth and nastiness for what she has done...fat or not...:furious:
Sorry for venting so angrily.

jail guards can be extremely cruel. i had a friend who went to jail for a few weeks for a petty crime. she had just been released from the hospital and needed medication in order to survive (her organs weren't functioning). the guards refused to give her her medicane for days and she nearly died until a judge had to intervene. even then they were reluctant to do so.

I just heard of case, can't think of the guys name and he weighed close to 500 lbs. The jail had to buy him special clothes because none of the jail scrubs fit him. His first court appearance they had him appear in white warm-ups and his top didn't even cover his belly! The case must have dragged on for some reason because by the time he actually had trial he had dropped 200 pounds. Also the father from the Wesson family murders dropped half his weight in jail waiting for trial, but he was only 300ish. I hate to say this, but I don't care if she can't take care of herself, if she has commited murder she needs to be locked away. She'll lose the weight there, one way or another.

What if she starts (or keeps) gaining weight to avoid being in jail? It's worked so far. She should be in jail now, IMO, but her weight problem is working for her.

Surely she isn't the first obese person needing to be locked up!

The aunt has been charged with the murder of the little boy. The mother was charged with injury to a child. The autopsy showed older fractures that were at least a month old.

Poor child. I hope the other children are removed.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5651337.html

So the abusive mother left the child with an obese abusive relative?!?!? Sounds like premeditation.
Maybe the fat relative can sit on the murdering mother....

Hopefully this info was posted somewhere else in the thread.
March 26, 2008, 6:36PM

800-pound aunt charged with fatally striking toddler
La Joya woman faces capital murder charge and the child's mother is in jail, accused of not

Mafia suspect too fat for jail (he's 462 lbs):
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=390964
A court in the Sicilian capital Palermo agreed to allow Salvatore Ferranti, 36, who has been in preventive custody since August 2007, to go home because none of the five prisons that have held him have been able to guarantee respect for his dignity, the reports said.

Mafia suspect too fat for jail (he's 462 lbs):
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=390964
A court in the Sicilian capital Palermo agreed to allow Salvatore Ferranti, 36, who has been in preventive custody since August 2007, to go home because none of the five prisons that have held him have been able to guarantee respect for his dignity, the reports said.

That is unbelievable! So this obese woman will sit her sentence out at home if convicted?? To me that's ridiculous, I mean I know she's bedridden, but not locking her away doesn't seem like an answer. I've never thought about it, but aren't there some kind prison infirmaries?

She wouldn't be bedridden if she wasn't so damn big.
She killed an innocent child...lock her up at the fat boot camp.
I'm usually the first one to take up for larger people but this galls me to no end.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back