FL - Mother Stabs 15 Year Old Son During Supervised Visitation

FreeRepublic has a thread going about this tragic assault. The parents have been divorced for three years. Dad's an attorney. The visitation took place in a Doctor's office as a neutral place to meet. Neither mother or son were being treated by this Doctor. A nurse was supervising and was just 6 feet away.http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1990074/posts

Her brother said he wasn't aware of any mental illness?. Now it seems to me supervised visitation was ordered for a reason. I'm thinking mental illness might be it. It'll be curious to find out if she really does have stage four cancer. I hope the poor kid pulls through. Life can be so cruel. Another article I read stated that his dad is so broke up that he couldn't communicate with LE at all.

She was visiting the son in a psychiatrist's office.

"The aunt of a boy police say was stabbed and slashed by his mother in a psychiatry office Saturday told a judge this morning that Celeste Grace Minardi has threatened other family members before."
http://suncoastpinellas.tbo.com/content/2008/mar/23/aunt-mom-who-stabbed-son-also-threatened-family/

In the picture of her, her glands in her cheeks prutrude, making her appear to be a long time bulimic; i would question if she has cancer or not as well..

:furious: The fact that the mother had to have supervised visitation with a 15 year old child screams some sort of abuse in the past. This is just not a case of an ugly custody battle with parents calling each other names.

Let's face it, a 15 year old, to some extent, should be able to take care of himself with his mom unless the mother is known to be violent or out of control.

There is a whole lot more to this story and I am guessing this mother has a past that is ugly. Also bet the courts forced this poor kid to visit his mom and he never wanted to. You know, need to keep that parental bond going no matter what the consequences. ARRGGHHH:furious: :furious: :furious:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/article428225.ece

More info here.

About 10 a.m., Driscoll dropped his son off at the offices of Dr. Ronald Knaus and Associates, 1301 Seminole Blvd., for a regularly scheduled visit with Driscoll's ex-wife, Young said.
No one in the family was being treated by Knaus, a psychiatrist and osteopath who bills himself as the "Energy Doc," or by the three other doctors who share that space. Instead Knaus' office is a neutral site for divorced parents to have supervised visits with their children, Young said.

and

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/article428777.ece

Court records show a protracted court battle including an allegation of domestic violence against Driscoll in August 2004. Within days of that accusation, Driscoll filed for divorce.

I say her picture looks like she has a history of drugs and drinking.

I can't even imagine the mental anguish this young man must be going through, as well as the physical. :(

How sad, she was determined to punish her husband and used her son as the weapon,

I hope he survives, and as he requests she never gets to see him ever again,

I hope this is a lesson learned that if a child does not want to see their other parent, listen to them!!

I hope this is a lesson learned that if a child does not want to see their other parent, listen to them!!

Listen to them is right, it is a miracle that poor that poor child wasn't killed. This just makes me so mad I don't even really know what to say. If she was on supervised visitation then the court must have known that she had some real issues. I hope they lock her up and throw away the key!:furious:

Seven years... ;) Still, she's old enough to know better! I don't care if you really are dying of cancer, (ETA: trying to) hack someone else to death is NOT ACCEPTABLE. What the H* is wrong with her?!! :furious: :behindbar :furious: :behindbar :furious: Lock her up, let her get chemo in prison! ETA: And it is prison earth she should be buried in, as well!

If and when it comes out, as to why she stabbed her son, put money on the fact that it will be 1)lame 2) distorted and 3) only in her mind.

I hope this poor kid pulls through and his mother never gets out of prison on attempted murder charges!

She must be extremely mentally disturbed. That poor child, the vision of his own mother coming at him will be stamped on his brain forever.

No new update on this boys condition. Keeping Bradley in our prayers over here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back