Educational Thread - Statistics, profiling, articles, etc.

I think a great resource for profiling comes straight from the source. John Douglas, Roy Hazelwood, Robert K. Ressler etc...

Two books that really cover a lot are "The Evil That Men do" and "Whoever Fights Monsters"

I think that one of the best books that gets into the how's and why's of criminals is "The Anatomy of Motive" by John Douglas.
For Web resources:
http://www.johndouglasmindhunter.com

I have also found that the big university databases are a treasure trove of case studies and research material. Not everyone will have access to that, but a lot of public libraries have some form of database that can access the same info.

dontpanic,

Thanks for contributing to this thread. I thought we could give everyone a place to go for some reading while we wait for new info about Bri's case. If anyone else has links, info, reading recommendations etc, please feel free to add them here.

Thanks again,
StillHoping

Im looking for a Old case . Im doing the research for my children All adults. The case involes their Fathers Cousin Karen Anderson In the early 1980. I believe she was Murdered at her work place a factory in Pittsbugh PA. No Serviving family members can give us any info. We do know that the person that murdered her was caught. He was a boyfriend of her girlfriend. I have NO Names other then Hers She was in her early 20s or late teens. My EX and I are now Divorced and he says he doesnt remember much at all Just what I have stated.
Help
Where do I start? This a family member for my kids and I woud like for them to get the answers they deserve.

Im looking for a Old case . Im doing the research for my children All adults. The case involes their Fathers Cousin Karen Anderson In the early 1980. I believe she was Murdered at her work place a factory in Pittsbugh PA. No Serviving family members can give us any info. We do know that the person that murdered her was caught. He was a boyfriend of her girlfriend. I have NO Names other then Hers She was in her early 20s or late teens. My EX and I are now Divorced and he says he doesnt remember much at all Just what I have stated.
Help
Where do I start? This a family member for my kids and I woud like for them to get the answers they deserve.

I didn't see anything for a Karen Anderson, but you can start here at the PA site for Missing persons and UID's.
http://pennsylvaniamissing.com/homepage.html

There was a Karen Reinert who went missing from Upper Merion in June 1979? Could it be her? Looking for more info on her now.

There was a Karen Reinert who went missing from Upper Merion in June 1979? Could it be her? Looking for more info on her now.
Hi StillHoping--Karen Reinert was a little girl. She was the daughter of a woman who was murdered by a man she was having an affair with. Karen and her brother were both found missing after their mother was murdered. They have never been found, but rumors say they were murdered by their mother's killer and buried at the Jersey Shore.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/reinert_karen.html

This case has interest for me as I live and work in the area where the family was from and am orginally from the Jersey Shore.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back