Man Once Declared Brain Dead Now Feeling 'Pretty Good'

chicoliving

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Four months after he was declared brain dead and doctors were about to remove his organs for transplant, Zach Dunlap says he feels "pretty good."

Dunlap was pronounced dead Nov. 19 at United Regional Healthcare System in Wichita Falls, Texas, after he was injured in an all-terrain vehicle accident. His family approved having his organs harvested.

As family members were paying their last respects, he moved his foot and hand. He reacted to a pocketknife scraped across his foot and to pressure applied under a fingernail. After 48 days in the hospital, he was allowed to return home, where he continues to work on his recovery.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,340970,00.html

I caught part of this story on tv over the weekend and it was so moving. I didn't realize while watching that he was gonna come out of it. His mom just started crying when she spoke of the organ donation and that she couldn't let them take his eyes, they were so beautiful she couldn't do that.

What a surprise when it goes on and shows the helicopter with the transpant team taking off to come harvest his organs and he's responding! I wish I had seen the whole program but what I saw certainly made me smile :)

THIS is why my Living Will states that I am not to be taken off life support for any reason. Too many people are walking miracles. A person isn't dead until GOD takes them home, IMO.

What a great story. Thank you for sharing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutalicy
Back