Woman traces obscene caller

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Friday, March 26, 2004

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

HERMITAGE, Pa. -- A woman fed up with obscene phone calls tracked down the offender and cornered him as he made yet another call from a public phone booth, police said.

The 26-year-old Sharpsville woman received the calls regularly on Friday and Saturday between midnight and 3 a.m., police said.

The woman, whose identity was not released, had caller ID and asked the phone company to trace the number, police said.

The calls were traced to a phone booth in Hermitage, about two miles away, police said.

The phone company, at her request, forwarded calls on Friday to her cell phone.

The woman and three of her cousins staked out the phone booth and around 1:30 a.m., a former neighbor arrived and made a call, police said. The woman's cell phone rang, police said.

Family members prevented the man from leaving until police arrived.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04086/291620.stm

Way to go!

With caller ID and today's technology, I can't imagine why anyone would want to make crank calls!

Pepper said:
Way to go!

With caller ID and today's technology, I can't imagine why anyone would want to make crank calls!

Yeah.. it just no fun for me to make them anymore ;)

Casshew said:
Yeah.. it just no fun for me to make them anymore ;)

LOL Cass. I remember as a preteen making the usual crank calls, i.e. "Is your refrigerator running? You better go catch it!" Also, "Do you have Prince Albert in a can? Let him out before he suffocates." It is embarrassing to think about it now.

yikes me too....we used to call people with the refrigerator joke when I was a kid. pretty innocuous I guess compared to what kids probably do with prank calls today!

gretchen said:
LOL Cass. I remember as a preteen making the usual crank calls, i.e. "Is your refrigerator running? You better go catch it!" Also, "Do you have Prince Albert in a can? Let him out before he suffocates." It is embarrassing to think about it now.

LOL Gretchen... finally I know your dark little secret :)

:clap: :clap: :clap: Way to go, great idea that paid off..!! JERK I HOPE THEY GIVE IN JAIL TIME..!! :behindbar

I would be pissed off as well, calling at 1am and 3am in the morning..!! :bang:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back